Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the French Leclerc tank "THE" ultimate tank??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only THREE Challenger II tanks have ever been lost in combat amd one of those was by ANOTHER Challenger II
    The Challenger II has also seen ALOT less combat that the M1.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
      The Challenger II has also seen ALOT less combat that the M1.
      That's hardly surprising given the large disparity in the numbers produced.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Well as far as I know none of the modern tanks has yet met an an equal enemy in battle to proove himself so far. (besides blue on blue), and I don't think that blasting t-55 and t-72 show that ones tank is the ebst, since I believe that pretty much all mopdern tank would be able to handle those.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
          Well as far as I know none of the modern tanks has yet met an an equal enemy in battle to proove himself so far. (besides blue on blue), and I don't think that blasting t-55 and t-72 show that ones tank is the ebst, since I believe that pretty much all mopdern tank would be able to handle those.

Modern tanks beat the t-55 and t-72? Hell the tanks NATO were running when they were top of the line should have still wiped the floor with them, remember reading here somewhere that soviet tanks are not designed to take on other tanks, it wasnt Soviet combat doctrine I think.

Comment

the best will be the new Turkish MBT :) in a couple of years.....i hope..... ;) hehehehe
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

My top 10 list would be.
              1. South Korea XK2 [Production/Prototype] Well armored, fast/mobile, great gun/autoloader. Excellent countermeasures.
              2. French LeClerc Well armored, the 120mm smoothbore cannon is a beast.
              3. British Challenger 2 Has one of the best if not best armor package in the world. Has a great record in combat.
              4. Usa M1A2 SEP Abrams Good 120mm gun, great armor but isnt the end all be all of tanks. Very good combat record. However it can match any of these tanks in actual combat, crews are very well trained and are great at what they do. This position is very flexible, one of the best tanks.
              5. Germany's Leopard 2A6/Russia's BlackEagle(Tied) BE {Prototype} Both have excellent armor packages, Russian Black Eagle has excellent armor/countermeasures it is verstile and can perform well in any terrain.
              6. Italy's C1 Ariete Good armor, good weapons package.
              7. Israels Merkava The "safest tank in the world" crew survivability is number #1. Great combat record.
              8. Chineese type 99 A verstile tank with a good armor package.
              9. Russian T-95 [Early stages of Prototype/Production] When we know more about this tank, and it see's actual combat i am sure it will move up on the list.
              10. Japan's Type 90/India's T90s Bhishma (Tied)Each Country's versions are quite different but are well suited for there terrain.

Yes, some of these tanks are still in production/prototype stages. But, when the XK2 comes out for production it is gonna be the number 1. The LeClerc is a good tank, what i am really impressed in is there autoloader. It is designed around the turret itself,the GIAT CN120-26 120mm smoothbore cannon is a great gun. It is a very roomy tank, crew survivability is excellent. The armor is much like the Leaopards/challenger 2.

(Tied), For the people who cant figure it out. There the same type of tank, each county has its own version.
              Last edited by Rossiman; 15 Nov 07,, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossiman View Post
                My top 10 list would be.
                1. South Korea XK2
                2. French LeClerc
                3. British Challenger 2
                4. Usa M1A2 SEP Abrams
                5. Germany's Leopard 2A6/Russia's Black Panther/T-95
                6. Italy's C1 Ariete
                7. Israels Merkava
                8. Chineese type 99
                9. Russian T-90/T-80U
                10. Japan's Type 90/India's T90s Bhishma

Yes, some of these tanks are still in production/prototype stages. But, when the XK2 comes out for production it is gonna be the number 1. The LeClerc is a good tank, what i am really impressed in is there autoloader. It is designed around the turret itself,the GIAT CN120-26 120mm smoothbore cannon is a great gun. It is a very roomy tank, crew survivability is excellent. The armor is much like the Leaopards/challenger 2.
                Why do you group the Leo and Black Panther, and Type 90 and T-90, and the T-90 and T-80U? That's called a top-13 list.
                In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Um no it's the same types of tanks etc, except India's version is different than Frances. And they are tied for that position it is not that hard to figure out...

Comment

My top 10 list would be.
                    1. South Korea XK2 [Production/Prototype]
                    2. French LeClerc
                    3. British Challenger 2
                    4. Usa M1A2 SEP Abrams
                    5. Germany's Leopard 2A6/Russia's Black Panther (Tied) BP {Prototype}
                    6. Italy's C1 Ariete
                    7. Israels Merkava
                    8. Chineese type 99
                    9. Russian T-95 [Early stages of Prototype/Production]
                    10. Japan's Type 90/India's T90s Bhishma (Tied)

(Tied), For the people who cant figure it out. There the same type of tank, each county has its own version.
                    Um. Prepare to be stomped. From several directions. But not by me. Have fun. ;)
                    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Um no it's the same types of tanks etc, except India's version is different than Frances. And they are tied for that position it is not that hard to figure out...
                      You. Are. A. Moron.

Please, never post here again.

Not to mention that you are on my ignore list now.
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

My top 10 list would be.
                        1. South Korea XK2 [Production/Prototype]
                        2. French LeClerc
                        3. British Challenger 2
                        4. Usa M1A2 SEP Abrams
                        5. Germany's Leopard 2A6/Russia's Black Panther (Tied) BP {Prototype}
                        6. Italy's C1 Ariete
                        7. Israels Merkava
                        8. Chineese type 99
                        9. Russian T-95 [Early stages of Prototype/Production]
                        10. Japan's Type 90/India's T90s Bhishma (Tied)

Hahaha! You are friggin hilarious. And going to have an interesting time defending yourself. Good luck.

Comment

When even wikipedia will prove you wrong, you gotta wonder where this idiocy comes from.

Comment

which are the qualitys that make a tank "The Best Tank Ever" ? Why?

and,

i am looking forward to hear about these tanks from its actual or ex users...which one is the best and why?
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by VarSity View Post
                              Modern tanks beat the t-55 and t-72? Hell the tanks NATO were running when they were top of the line should have still wiped the floor with them, remember reading here somewhere that soviet tanks are not designed to take on other tanks, it wasnt Soviet combat doctrine I think.
                              Highly dubious. Especially when dealing with the T-72, of which there were so many variants that it's almost impossible to compare directly.

EDIT: WTF is a black panther? I've heard of the Black Eagle, and even the Black Shark. But Black Panther?

Where did you get that load of crap? The Indian T-90S is the same as the Russian T-90, but has nothing in common with the Japanese Type-90. Also there is absolutely NO information specific enough to start making comparisons available in regards to the T-95. Your list was pulled out of your ass.
                              Last edited by Feanor; 15 Nov 07,, 10:21.

Comment

With the firepower of modern aircraft/helicopters being in a Tank is not the ideal place to be in combat. Given the choice I still prefer the Centurion over the Chieftain or the Challenger. I liked the simplicity of the Cent it was fairly reliable and the Gunnery system was excellent. I thought the Chieftain and the Challenger, with all the electrics incorporated into the Turret, started to make things more difficult for the crew, and that was in "peace-time". Reliability on the latter two have a lot to be desired!! Let's hope for the modern tankie they have sorted the problems out...but I won't hold my breath:)

Comment

Working...
                                X