• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    This is the part i'm not sure about.

How does a challenge to the legitimacy of the PA over Kashmir equate to an unraveling of their control inside Pakistan ? If the PA's hold was this fragile we could have toppled them ages ago. It isn't fragile its quite resilient given the come back after '71. Therefore to term this as existential is an exaggeration. Let's not get too drawn into Pak domestic politics here.

What's causing heat is the price of bread. In India if onion prices go too high govts fall. In the middle east its the price of bread. Rising bread prices gets people out on the streets on whatever pretext.

If they are having cabinet meeings to fix the price of chappatis then those are the immediate concerns of the moment.

Imran took over a nearly bankrupt economy, similar to what Obama had inherited.
    Why does the PA control the media of Pak like a hawk? Nothing can be printed in Pak without the PA's stooges the ISI seeing the draft version first. Why does the PA kill journalists, or anyone who question the PA? Why is the PA killing the peaceful PTM protestors? You need to get involved in domestic politics of Pakistan to understand this.

There are many Pakistanis who have started questioning the rationale for the PA to nurture jihadis and sending them across the border to India, Afghanistan. Inside Pakistan, outside Pakistan. Many question their motivation for the failed 1965 war. 1971, and PA's genocidal killing of 3 million Bangladeshis and yes, losing the war again. Foolish Kargil intrusion and not even having the decency to take their own soldiers' dead bodies. Many also talk about human rights violations in PoK, GB. So you see some of the Paks have started talking. This will continue.

Now, if PA starts a conventional war, or uses terrorists to attack India and the casualties are significant. Modi isn't going to hold back the armed forces. If and when this happens, the IA will march into Pak. P5 will scream and shout, and the war will be over. But the IA or this government will not give back the land in PoK/GB captured, back to Pakistan. The bargain will be Lahore for whatever land we capture in PoK/GB. The PA loses face and reputation. What will the opposition in Pak do then? Mind you the feudal lords, such as Sharifs and Bhuttos have a big following there. They will use this chance to get back at the PA. PA will try to engineer their way through, but it won't be easy. Getting the drift. PA's entire survival is based on hatred for a Hindu India, and now, after India abrogated Article 370, 35A, Kashmir has become Pakistan Army's jugular vein. PA is shit scared that India might attack Pak anytime to get back PoK/GB, so they are moving artillery and SSG near the LoC. 6 battalions at every LoC area, is what I heard.

After 1971, PA understood very well they will never be able to win a war against India, which is why they started using proxies.

IK has inherited a bankrupt Pakistan because the PA bankrupted Pakistan. Economy was never the main goal for the PA. Whatever Karachi generate inside Pak is the PA's booty. To remain in power, they need support of the illiterate and poor abduls, who are educated in jihadi madrassas. This support will wane if PA loses POK/GB. And IK was selected, he doesn't get to say anything. He parrots his masters voice through tweets.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Missed this gem by Lord Nazir Ahmed. Lord Ahmed thought this is current news when he tweeted it a week back but it happened nine years back. Maybe he did know but the joke is on him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	canada visa.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1478391

Canada was under the impression our IB was a terrorist org (!)

Modi could not get a visa either. The world said we should show restraint

Oh how times have changed since and now we have Justin : D
    Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Aug 19,, 04:26.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Go get your better. Don't be a Pakistani and expect free booze. :D :D :D
    What is the next best thing to reading what Zameer Akram writes ? listening to him : D : D

He says Pakistan pulling out of the Simla agreement would be irresponsible

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Recent videos:

Last edited by Oracle; 28 Aug 19,, 02:31.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Was in a discussion with some one and he said the following..

India has a unique position in the global power structure. We are the only major outpost of the Western Democratic Order' in Asia

Interesting combination of terms there.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    So VICE got something from India

No official present or past. We get some nutty college prof and Ajay Sahni who says this is part of the Hindu consolidation project. Yeahh!!!

Why can't he call it consolidation of the India project ?

And why is BJP referred to as the Hindu Nationalist party, BJP literally translates into Indian People's Party. Sounds like some lefty outfit, lol

There is no Hindu in BJP. The 'B' stands for India.

That is the VHP, they don't run for office, they are into Hindu affairs.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Aug 19,, 00:15.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Not a big fan of these american cable news networks as they cannot do a decent job of their own president. But they did interview Tilak Devasher so you get a pass, NBC.

The focus is primarily on the lock down. This will go away with time when conditions are right.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    India and Pakistan have been "on the verge of war" for the last seventy years, VICE and why are you not interviewing anybody from the Indian side.

This is an Indian internal matter btw. What the Paks think is irrelevant !!

The lady's argument that Kashmir is an international issue is that it was recently discussed at the UNSC

If she is Imran's special assistant then he's in big trouble. Where the heck did he find her...

Check the hilarious comments for this video : D

So an anti-secular country is worried about secularism in another country

Pakistan is a peaceful country, Even Bin laden lived their Peacefully...........

Country which doesn't have even 2% of minorities is talking about 20% minorities in India which is growing

Q: What did Osama Bin Laden learn from his death?
    A: Never trust a pakistani.

Cabinet ministers of a country with long record of military coups talking about Constitution? I must be day dreaming

Best oxymoron of 21st century :
    Peaceful Pakistan
    P.S: Pakistani people need to search meaning of oxymoron first and then comment

in case of Pakistan, Kashmir is like alcohol to a broke alcoholic.

PAKISTAN talking about "Peace, Secularism and Human Rights". What a time to be alive. LOL

And one very committed Indian
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Double Edge; 27 Aug 19,, 23:35.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    After seeing her on PBS, was interested to check out Sourabhi's work. She's good : )

The trouble with the lock down is the innocent bear the brunt. To disrupt the separatists everybody has to suffer.

I'm not surprised if there is great fear and that is the intent in a way. Fear of what is coming next will be palpable.

Regrettable but there was no other way i suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    He's really pounding him : )

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    hah, see the photo framed up on the wall.
    Go get your better. Don't be a Pakistani and expect free booze. :D :D :D

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 21.30.33.png
Views:	2
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1478390

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Wish we had reporters on the ground reporting the truth

This is the point, where are they ?

Because unless your agenda is known before hand you will either be helped and used as a pawn or refused access and or be killed.

If you pander then you will be called courageous and honest otherwise biased

Name:	kash 2.JPG
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1478388

Name:	kash 1.JPG
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1478389
    Last edited by Double Edge; 27 Aug 19,, 16:49.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    [ATTACH]48002[/ATTACH]

If you can find out what I'm trying to show in this pic, then you're worthy of running to your nearest pub and having a chilled beer, with your own money. :D
    hah, see the photo framed up on the wall.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    It's an existential issue for the Pakistan Army, not Al-Bakistan. Other than that, you and me understand each other very well.
    This is the part i'm not sure about.

How does a challenge to the legitimacy of the PA over Kashmir equate to an unraveling of their control inside Pakistan ? If the PA's hold was this fragile we could have toppled them ages ago. It isn't fragile its quite resilient given the come back after '71. Therefore to term this as existential is an exaggeration. Let's not get too drawn into Pak domestic politics here.

What's causing heat is the price of bread. In India if onion prices go too high govts fall. In the middle east its the price of bread. Rising bread prices gets people out on the streets on whatever pretext.

If they are having cabinet meeings to fix the price of chappatis then those are the immediate concerns of the moment.

Imran took over a nearly bankrupt economy, similar to what Obama had inherited.

Btw, you said earlier in this thread, I am kinda a little too right-wing or something like that, but less than some doppleganger. What was going through your head?
    No, you're not too right-wing and pretty far from doppelganger

I've said it many times, and cleared the air, that I'm centre-right. Equality for all, malice for none. I support LGBQT rights. I support Indian Muslims right to eat beef. I eat beef. No appeasement. No extra perks for minorities. No privileges. No entitlements. Does that make me far right? All I'm asking for is equality before the eyes of the law, and the Indian Constitution. To stand up for the country, against Pakistani terrorism that has killed 1000s of Indians for over 3 decades and wounded 1000s. The wars imposed upon us by the Al-Bakistan Army. So, where am I wrong?
    That is pretty much how i see you. As Minhaz Merchant explains (nice find btw) people cannot be pigeon holed so easily into these categories. He was referring to people calling Modi right wing leader despite having policies that do not qualify at all. Five years later one has yet to determine what their ideas on the economy are. Congress was more clear in this regard which is ironic given the sky high expectations people have of this govt in terms of economy. I notice nobody ask AIM his views on BJP and economy as he'd likely go off on some half hour rant : D

Views on LGBT or freedom of expression are left and you will often find right supporting them too. On economy a right wing view is normal only because we've been through so many decades of failed left wing views on economy.

Minhaz was making the important point of looking at the issues first rather than looking for guidance from ideology which is the right way to do it.

Can't remember who it was who said it but when asked if left or right wing the reply was preferred to fly with both wings : D
    Last edited by Double Edge; 27 Aug 19,, 16:33.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X