Favorite movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty

For flying movies....how could you forget 12 O'Clock High!?

If only to see the scene when the chaplain, surgeon and adjutant all get busted for flying unauthorized missions as gunners!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by firestar View Post
      My favs will be a big list so heres a partial one...and there are some very nice titles in the above list... Enjoy!
      So lets say you where stranded on a desert island with a solar powered tv/dvd combo. What one movie would you most like to have?

Comment

My favs will be a big list so heres a partial one...and there are some very nice titles in the above list... Enjoy!
        Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
        So lets say you where stranded on a desert island with a solar powered tv/dvd combo. What one movie would you most like to have?
        Ohhhhh....that is so cruel! His list is so long it will take him quite a while to pick one out!
        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
          Ohhhhh....that is so cruel! His list is so long it will take him quite a while to pick one out!
          I know Couldn't help myself

Comment

Do not really have a favorite movie but my favorite video is a pop video,
            Gwen Stefani in her cheer leader outfit,grrrrr,i think the song is called holar back girl or something to that effect.

Spank me silly and call me Suzie ,mm mm mmm that woman is gorgeous,gotta go and have a cold shower now

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
              For flying movies....how could you forget 12 O'Clock High!?

If only to see the scene when the chaplain, surgeon and adjutant all get busted for flying unauthorized missions as gunners!
              I don't know why I forgot it. I loved it. But it's been a long time since I last saw it and feeling the pain of Gregory Peck as he tries to lift himself up into the plane but fatigue gets the best of him. The TV series was good, but the movie was the best.

Memphis Bell was a VISUALLY good movie but just totally inaccurate of what her last mission really was. What a shame. If they had edited it as some of the problems they had in her first 24 missions, or those of planes in their group (such as the hand cranking of the landing gear), it would have been okay. But I skipped it on my list because of inaccuracy, not for visual entertainment.

Because of B-17 movies crowding my memory I forgot Winged Victory with Lee J. Cobb, Red Buttons, George Reeves and many others. It used B-24 Liberators (the kind Jimmy Stewart and once Presidential candidate George McGovern actually flew in WW II) that really outnumbered B-17's in production numbers and missions.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

To Southie:
                I joined Net-flix sometime during 2001 I think and I launched "Operation 5 star". LOL. I mean to watch most of the critically acclaimed ones and I must admit I have managed cover most of them in Portuguese, Italian, English, mexican and a few Japanese titles (Is J_A_P an offensive term wab doesnt seem to like it).

To Sniper:
                One movie for deserted Island then I will pick the one and only 13th warrior by John McTiernan. I love that movie! If that isnt available then any one of John wayne's movies like Hondo, Red river or something along those lines..
                Oh not cruel at all, One movie is way kind than no movie

To Tankie:
                I have never bought a TV or own one, Tankie. I used watch TV a lot in the 90s. But I enrolled in netflix just to have control of what I watch when I watch and such....I have (or rather had till 2006) a Home projector for 5 years so all these netflix rare movies were great. AArrghhh I miss my projector.

Rusty:
                I just noticed they made a new F of phoenix movie in 2004. I saw the old one while I was watching Ernest Borgnine performances like Marty,Bad Day at Black Rock...
                Last edited by firestar; 06 Jan 09,, 04:55.

Comment

To Sniper:
                  One movie for deserted Island then I will pick the one and only 13th warrior by John McTiernan. I love that movie!
                  Then thats the one I will watch:)

Comment

Just saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It could be one of the best movies I have ever seen... And possibly worth the $13 ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahnleh View Post
                      Just saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It could be one of the best movies I have ever seen... And possibly worth the $13 ticket.
                      That was a very good movie indeed,

I would have to say Snatch. "One Punch" Mickey O'Neil is one of the best fictional characters this side of George Costanza.
                      "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Just scoped the thread. Cant believe it, The Shawshank Redemption only got mentioned twice :hmmm:. I would find it difficult to pick a favourite, but when I think of great movies, this is alwalys one that comes to mind. Just wanted to give it more coverage , and if anyone hasnt seen it, you should check it out

Comment

Fav. American Movie: Groundhog day.
                          Have watched it 4 times, every time on TV and the same TV set, during a winter weekend, and while nursing a hangover due to the same booze, with the same friends, in the same bed

Fav Hindi movie: Jane bhi do yarro

Fav. English Movie: Bedazzled 1967

Fav Other Languages movie: The Closet, and recently Tulpan and 'no one knows about persian cats'.
                          Last edited by kuku; 25 Oct 10,, 17:44.

Comment

must have got repetitive after the 4th time......

Comment

Just the four times will see if that happens again this winter, never was a plan to watch it, however there is something about that movie, once we start watching its so easy to watch the whole thing, you know sometimes you have a hangover, or you are just bored and watching something like that feels better than changing the channels, which is what i think watching TV has become more about.

Although since last year many things have changed with age (dont drink our winters away anymore) , and i dont think the same effect of observing everything that was the same can be achieved.
                              Last edited by kuku; 25 Oct 10,, 17:51.

Comment

To Southie:
                                ITo Sniper:
                                One movie for deserted Island then I will pick the one and only 13th warrior by John McTiernan. I love that movie!
                                Alright! Somebody besides me and my son who loves that movie! However, for me, it would be a very close second; number one is DEFINITELY Kingdom Of Heaven.
                                "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                                X