Join the Mile High Club for $34,000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the Mile High Club for $34,000?

I'm not a member - airplane lavatories just don't quite have the ambience . . . However, I don't know if you can get dumber than the couple in this story.

http://rofasix.blogspot.com/2005/12/...for-34000.html

13 December 2005
    Join the Mile High Club for $34,000?

Every aviator and crewmember knows about the “Mile High Club.” How do you join? Simple - have sex at 5,280 feet above ground level (AGL). The AGL requirement prevents folks taxiing around Denver International from obtaining membership. Some people decide to commemorate the event by buying lapel pins or mile high stickers. But is worth $34,000 dollars?

That is what a couple is going to have to ask themselves after getting caught flagrante delicto on a British airliner making the 10 hour trek from Gatwick, UK to Jamaica. The couple had a “better idea” for in-flight entertainment and decided to join the mile high club in the lavatory. Their first mistake was pretty obvious. After all, had they tried to join the mile high club in silence then there would have been no story here.

But even the sounds of the 777 engines could not drown out the noises coming from the lavatory. A flight attendant, investigating the persistent sounds coming from the aircraft lavatory, was concerned. Where the sounds of crying and moaning the result of a heart attack or a person in need of medical assistance?

It didn’t take but a moment for the attendant to realize that it was not a medical emergency. The attendant knocked on the door and ordered the two out. After no response, the attendant opened the door from the outside. Ooops! The two evidently were not yet completely bona fide members of the mile high club. And, they were not a bit happy with the interruption. It seems the couple wanted a few minutes more time enroute before they reached “their” destination.

Next came their second mistake. Instead of responding like most folks caught with their pants around their ankles, these too were royally pissed off for being interrupted. I expect it went like this:

“The bloody sign says ‘No Smoking’, Damn it!”
    “It doesn’t say anything about ‘No Sex!’”
    “How dare you interrupt us?”

When a flight attendant ordered them to return to their seats, the couple went berserk. Or, since they were British, I suppose I should say, “crackers.”

Their second mistake grew into their third. You would think that after being restrained in plastic cuffs, that rational people would have noticed that bluster was not intimidating anyone. But this guy and gal were not the brightest blokes in the sky over the Caribbean this day and they assaulted the crew and refused the airline captain’s orders to cooperate. Finally the captain faced a choice, divert or commit to the remainder of the flight with his two irrational people in business class. He elected to divert to Bermuda and drop off the pair. The cost for the unscheduled stop? British Airlines says it’s $34,000 and expects the copulating couple to pay the bill, when they get out of jail over the other charges.

The Bermuda newspaper, The Daily Gazette called this a “Sex Rage.” The law is going to call it “air rage,” interfering with a flight crew, assault and battery and a whole bunch of other non-trivial stuff. It all drives the question, was this all worth it for a lousy mile high club sticker?

For those who just have to be in this club there is an easier way. “Mile High Atlanta” offers their Cherokee 6 aircraft for $300 for couples that feel the need. They even let you keep the sheets from the back of the aircraft. I wouldn’t be surprised if this service was also available from other entrepreneurs with aircraft elsewhere in the US. They probably give you the sticker too! The price sure beats the one the British couple will pay.

Hat tip - Castle Argghhh!

posted by NOTR - 12/13/2005-[Permalink]
    Last edited by Shek; 12 Dec 06,, 06:23.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Originally posted by shek
    I'm not a member - airplane lavatories just don't quite have the ambience .
    Come on sir, be adventurous.
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

But this guy and gal were not the brightest blokes in the sky over the Caribbean this day and they assaulted the crew and refused the airline captain’s orders to cooperate.
      This is usually a very big mistake. Not cooperating with the captain, hmmmmmm.... thats going to buy you a lot of grief.
      "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X