No announcement yet.

Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure we first asked them nicely not to gather like that. Belgaum is in the north of Karnataka.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1243161110468890624

Any other time that video would be used by the other side for anti-India propaganda.

https://twitter.com/alok_pandey/stat...33660693917701

UP Cops vs the God woman aka "Maa Adi Shakti" : )

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    States were unable, or simply didn't think it's that big an issue to track. That is my guess.
    We have their details, the state authorities concerned better git finding them then
    Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Mar 20,, 01:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Pretty sure we first asked them nicely not to gather like that. Belgaum is in the north of Karnataka.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1243161110468890624

Any other time that video would be used by the other side for anti-India propaganda.
      Got that video and another one through whatsapp. You sure Pakistan won't be using this video in future? Those are terrorist rascals we're talking about.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      https://twitter.com/alok_pandey/stat...33660693917701

UP Cops vs the God woman aka "Maa Adi Shakti" : )
      The MILF is hot. Look at the way she's waving her hand and then the sword. I need someone like her. :D

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      We have their details, the state authorities concerned better git finding them then
      Coronavirus: 15 lakh who flew back to India between Jan 18-Mar 23 under lens
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Local city council has ideas : )

BBMP shifts markets to large playgrounds to practise social distancing | DH | Mar 27 2020

In an effort to stop people from crowding in supermarkets, the BBMP will turn all playgrounds into markets to conveniently practice social distancing rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Got that video and another one through whatsapp. You sure Pakistan won't be using this video in future? Those are terrorist rascals we're talking about.
          Well in several years from now maybe. In the short term it is worthless, that vid has spread far and wide in the Indian community not to mention even on TV.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          The MILF is hot. Look at the way she's waving her hand and then the sword. I need someone like her. :D
          Pretty sure that's what Imran thought too before he ended up with that wife of his and now he's looking after the djinns she keeps: P

Was more impressed by a city cop who sang to people here. Here she is.

Proper Bangalore girl : )

Earlier saw these cops in Mallorca who sang to the locals they were watching over and i was quite touched and wondered could this ever happen here.

Yeah, sure, it could, and did.

Kerala IAS officer suspended for violating quarantine after his trip abroad: CM | Livemint | Mar 27 2020

According to local reports, the officer justified his action to the superiors, stating that he thought home quarantine was a directive to go home to be with his relatives in his native state. He also complained of non-availability of food and other resources at his collectorate guest house, local reports said.

His superior officer and Kollam Collector B Abdul Nasser on Friday refuted the officer's claims and called for his suspension in a report submitted before the boss of state bureaucrats, Kerala's chief secretary Tom Jose. Nasser said the sub-collector's action was a serious breach of service rule.

"He was on leave after his marriage and took permission to travel to Malaysia and Singapore. On his return I advised him to remain under home quarantine. Seems like he left to be with his family at Bengaluru," Nasser told PTI.
          Home means Kollam. Not Bangalore with the rest of the family : O
          Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Mar 20,, 04:52.

Comment

Well in several years from now maybe. In the short term it is worthless, that vid has spread far and wide in the Indian community not to mention even on TV.
            The Paks would try all the same, not several years from now. Just wait for it. There is a saying, everytime the Pakistanis get beaten up, they come again immediately to catch us off guard.

Pretty sure that's what Imran thought too before he ended up with that wife of his and now he's looking after the djinns she keeps: P

Was more impressed by a city cop who sang to people here. Here she is.

Proper Bangalore girl : )

Earlier saw these cops in Mallorca who sang to the locals they were watching over and i was quite touched and wondered could this ever happen here.

Yeah, sure, it could, and did.
            Imran is a Djinn himself. He can't control his wives, his country or the terrorist Pakistani Army.

Seen those videos before. The lady cop is, what should I say, damn fine officer.

Read about that too. His ass should be in jail.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• How rumours about lockdown led to chaos at Anand Vihar bus stand

How not to manufacture a crisis. The central government should have thought about it earlier. Sh!t just hit the fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                Hehehehehehe, I have 34 packs of smokes in stock, excluding today's usage. Booze will last only today.
                Well the home delivery ciggy service was unsuccessful at getting a permit as govt did not think they qualified as "essential service"

So i went out and looked around.

Found a provision store with a tobacco license that sold them and now i have more than you : P

After paying a 20% markup : |

Better than previous one i got at least these ones are less than a month old and have the new price on them.

I have no idea where you will get booze but i'm sure the black market will sort it out.

I see about 5% people on the streets, there are cops about but they aren't questioning people or beating them as you see in videos. Over 95% of the people i see moving around are wearing masks. So that is awareness as well as compliance.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Mar 20,, 16:51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Dawn.png
Views:	2
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1478727

Comment

• Rationale for quarantine of infected in terms of math

If an infected person is allowed to move around they infect 2 people who go on to infect 2 more and by the end of the month close to 300 people are infected

Infected doubles each week so by the end of the month after four weeks we have

22 x 4 is 256+ infected

If we limit interaction of the infected by 50% at the end of the month we have

24 is 16 infected instead of nearly 300 by months end

If we limit interaction of the infected by 75% at the end of the month we have

22 is now 4

Clearly quarantine brings down the number of affected and slows the velocity of the spread.

Notice i said quarantine of the infected.

What is the deal with social distancing ? this is controversial.

We don't have good data to support it (according to this paper from 2011) but the rationale is we don't know where the infected are and to prevent them infecting others we lock down every one.

That's it in a nutshell.

Small wonder western govts were dragging their feet on it and only succumbed after political pressure built up.

Do something and anything is better than doing nothing. Look busy.

The question that needs to be asked ? See the number of cases for Germany & US

Click image for larger version

Name:	cses GER US.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1478728

SO WHAT ?

How bad is it, why is it bad.

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                    If you are expecting zero casualties, then this is the wrong thread. The casualties are extremely regrettable but acceptable. This is neither the Black Death nor the Zombie Outbreak. We have no cure for COVID-19. People are going to die.
                    That is what it comes down to. Extremely regrettable but acceptable.

I feel this is the correct answer but since its not a good answer people will say it is unacceptable. But increasingly it looks like the default policy.

Which is let the virus run its course now.

No political leader dare admit to this. But Boris did say we will lose some people before their time.

Well, we can't have zero casualties. How many is acceptable.

How many is bad. How bad is bad.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Mar 20,, 22:20.

Comment

How bad is bad.
                      Ebola in the Congo. 2 ebola camps were burned down with 4 ebola victims missing. People culling the herd.
                      Chimo

Comment

• Coronavirus: How Dubai, Saudi returnees slipped under radar, leading to spike in cases

Might want to read this.

Comment

• Already did, we didn't shut off the Gulf like we did with other countries. Same thing applies. We know who came when. Go check them.

Why Covid-19 testing has been slow to take off | TOI | Mar 30 2020

In India, the government approval process has been a major limiting factor.

Initially, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) had said only testing kits with US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or European CE certifications would be permitted. This effectively cut out almost all Indian manufacturers while possibly favouring foreign-based producers.

As a result, though India-based Trivitron had sold 5 lakh tests to China earlier, it is yet to receive approval from Indian authorities.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Mar 20,, 04:06.

Comment

• Lessons from Italy’s Response to Coronavirus | HBR | Mar 27 2020

The difference between Lombardi & Veneto is striking

Comment

• Why is Germany's fatality rate so low ?

One reason i heard is they protected their elderly early and well. So the mean age of fatalities in Germany is 46. In Italy is 63.

Another i heard is in Germany they don’t count a patient as dying from coronavirus if he had an underlying disease one of the big reasons their mortality rate is low.

So if this is true then there is no standardised way in which countries report their stats.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 09.30.51.png
Views:	2
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1478730

Comment

Working...
                                X