Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    I'm saying you should have 3 scars rather than 2 if you had BCG.
    I have 2, so no BCG vaccination. :(

Are they still allowing Friday prayers ?
    Yes, they were supposed to lessen the number of people who can pray together in mosques, but I don't think that has happened. They banned it completely in Sindh till 5th April, but we can imagine the power those shit mullahs have over their population.

Prayers banned at mosques in Pakistan province

Coronavirus and Islam: Pakistani clerics refuse to shut down mosques

^ And then we have 'In the Dim' as puppet PM. The above sources aresuspect, but I read the same in Dawn. So, no reasons to doubt the content for now.

Is the religious establishment too big a fight to handle ?
    It's not a difficult guess. Their politicians and the notorious army gave powers to those religious hardliners, then cultivated them into islamic extremists. What can the civilized world expect from a terrorist state.

Can't think of any reason why their numbers are going up otherwise. Its not like they are testing more or faster than we are.
    I'd be surprised, if they're testing even a fraction of us. It's a bankrupt state. Whatever recoveries they have had, I think those are young people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 06.41.43.png
Views:	2
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	1478741
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 06.44.25.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1478742

Just started. Everyone infected has been traced back to the islamic meet in Nizamuddin Delhi.

Yesterday morning, I went out to get a haircut/shave and buy fish. I met the barber, he opened the shutters of his barbershop, we went inside, shutters down. After some time, we heard some commotion. We're pretty sure police were caning people outside, and this is like 8:30 AM. Anyway, the commotion died down, my haircut/shave done, we came outside to see the guy selling fish being beaten by CRPF, they also broke the taillights of a motorbike parked nearby. People ran in any direction they could.

I thanked my lucky stars and came home. Now, it's 06:50 AM. I maintain social distancing, and wear a mask, and will go out looking for fish. Can't eat veg.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Somebody else said the same thing to me as well today. They feel the thing will burn itself out ie peak.

We don't have the data to support such a statement so why are you two thinking this.

It might be political. To continue the lock down for longer entails costs. Political as well as economic.

Bottom line being will the lock down save more lives to justify the economic costs of extending this lock down.
        Because of asymptomatic patients and local transmissions. 1-3 weeks are needed in some cases for the virus to make a person seriously ill for him to take medical help, and in this timeframe they would have infected their family members, who'd in turn infect others. Also infected people travelling in trains/buses/flights and infecting others, without knowing they're themselves infected.

April 7th will be the end of 2nd week, and we already have started getting many new cases from the Islamic meet in Nizamuddin. Those people would have infected many more, so lockdown till 14th won't make any sense. I guess in the 3rd week of this lockdown, the government would have traced all, and contacted many who've been in touch or travelled with those infected. As I said before, it's just a hunch.

Oh!, got some fish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200402_072412.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	1478743

Tablighi Jamaat is a Talibani crime, not negligence: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi

Drinkers and smokers to pay more for their habit
        Last edited by Oracle; 02 Apr 20,, 03:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          I met the barber, he opened the shutters of his barbershop, we went inside, shutters down.
          We supposedly have barbers who (illegally) make home visits now. Fines up to 25000 Euro if caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
            We supposedly have barbers who (illegally) make home visits now. Fines up to 25000 Euro if caught.
            And if they can't pay 25K Euros fine, then?

Btw, what is the price for a haircut, in normal shops (run by immigrants), upmarket shops and now for home visits.

Let me guess, normal shops = 5 Euros, upmarket shops = 10 Euros? Home visits = 50 Euros?

Comment

Yes, they were supposed to lessen the number of people who can pray together in mosques, but I don't think that has happened. They banned it completely in Sindh till 5th April, but we can imagine the power those shit mullahs have over their population.

Prayers banned at mosques in Pakistan province

Coronavirus and Islam: Pakistani clerics refuse to shut down mosques

^ And then we have 'In the Dim' as puppet PM. The above sources aresuspect, but I read the same in Dawn. So, no reasons to doubt the content for now.
              This got me thinking how the Gulf was dealing with it and they've told people to pray at home, half a month back.

Coronavirus in Gulf states: No warm greetings, no mosque prayers | Al Jazeera | Mar 15 2020

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
              It's not a difficult guess. Their politicians and the notorious army gave powers to those religious hardliners, then cultivated them into islamic extremists. What can the civilized world expect from a terrorist state.
              It's clear the PA does not care about its people, the Pak govt is too weak but don't the clerics have a responsibility towards the well being of their followers ?

"We can in no way close mosques ... It is not possible in any circumstances in an Islamic country," said Muneeb-bur-Rehman, a cleric who attended the meeting.
              How then does Kuwait justify it by telling people in the call to pray at home because this was done in Mohamed's time when the weather was bad. It seems the clerics in Pakistan are as corrupt as the mullahs in Iran.

In KSA the majority of cases are in the Shia areas. Qatif has been cordoned off. Saudis shut down Mecca, they've postponed Hajj.

Also, the government allowed thousands of Sunni worshippers to go ahead with the "Tablighi Jamaat" congregation in Pubjab province. Many of the new COVID-19 cases have emerged from that mass gathering.
              The govt here also was caught unawares with these TJ guys. 800 of them from Indonesia have been blacklisted since.

I'd be surprised, if they're testing even a fraction of us. It's a bankrupt state. Whatever recoveries they have had, I think those are young people.
              It means people are showing up sick with symptoms. I think we can trust these figures coming out of Pakistan.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Apr 20,, 13:43.

Comment

It's clear the PA does not care about its people, the Pak govt is too weak but don't the clerics have a responsibility towards the well being of their followers ?
                And loosen their grip on the cattle class? Invoking the name of 'Allah' makes them supreme, second only to Allah, and they'd give it away, why? What responsibility? These clerics teach them jihad and hate filled sermons and tell them to go to Kashmir and liberate it from the infidel Hindus.

Pakistan has got a tap of churning out malnourished babies in the millions, majority of whom remain uneducated. The religious clerics pick them up, and you know the rest. Pak will never be short of jihadis, unless we do something.

How then does Kuwait justify it by telling people in the call to pray at home because this was done in Mohamed's time when the weather was bad. It seems the clerics in Pakistan are as corrupt as the mullahs in Iran.
                Sounds about right. Not just corrupt. They are religious zealots too. Everything they do, is in the name of Islam and Allah. Potent mix there.

It means people are showing up sick with symptoms. I think we can trust these figures coming out of Pakistan.
                Aliens will show up one day with laser guns asking us to remain in our homes to be safe, while they keep butchering people, one house at a time, and you'll believe them too.

NOBODY trusts PAKISTAN, for ANYTHING. OMG!

Comment

Aliens will show up one day with laser guns asking us to remain in our homes to be safe, while they keep butchering people, one house at a time, and you'll believe them too.

NOBODY trusts PAKISTAN, for ANYTHING. OMG!
                  It helps Imran beg for supplies ; )

Comment

It helps Imran beg for supplies ; )
                    Don't we all know the why/what/when/where of Pakistan by now. Let them live in their self inflicted misery. I don't care about Pakistan.

Comment

• Union minister for animal husbandry, dairy and fisheries, Giriraj Singh along with ministers of state, Sanjeev Balyan and Pratap Sarangi, have been taking stock of the situation on a regular basis. Ever since the lockdown, both the items have witnessed a decline in consumption largely due to supply and demand issues.

I appreciate this. In a country of 1.3 billion, how do the authorities manage the population? People throng vegetable market like flies, not maintaining even basic social distance. There are people who'd just get out to see what people are selling. Then there's Whatsapp and FB, where among numerous fake messages, there is one that says, praying to the sun with folded hands gives people immunity against Covid-19.

People like me suffer when meat shops are closed. No use of money at hand. I hope people learn from this crisis, and new start-ups/entrepreneurs take everything online, including meat/booze. 1 click order, and have it delivered to your home.

^ That is a good idea actually.

Comment

Let me guess, normal shops = 5 Euros, upmarket shops = 10 Euros? Home visits = 50 Euros?
                        About three times that, on all three (15/30/probably about 150).

As for being unable to pay - court-ordered fines in Germany are meted out in "daily wages". There haven't been particularly many sentences for illegally operating a business under current conditions yet, but the few that have been passed are around 90 "daily wages". Depending on your income those 90 "daily wages" can be anywhere between 360 Euro (for someone unemployed) to around 5000 Euro (regular working person) to up to 450,000 Euro maximum (for some millionaire). If the person can't pay the fine they instead go to prison for those 90 days - regardless of their income.

About 50% of all people who go to prison in Germany (but only 10% of the prison population) do so as a replacement for not paying fines.
                        Last edited by kato; 02 Apr 20,, 15:29.

Comment

• ^ 15 Euros just to cut ones' hair is a lot, even by EU standards, but I guess that is the fair price to pay living in a developed country.

I paid original rate for haircut/shaving (INR 50/30) in this lockdown, about Euro 0.60/0.36, less than 1 Euro in total.

DE, I got another 6 pack of smokes early today morning. Paid 20% more on MRP. Fair, I guess. The thing is, if you want fish or other things, get up early and go out. CRPF and police don't come early morning.

Comment

Don't we all know the why/what/when/where of Pakistan by now. Let them live in their self inflicted misery. I don't care about Pakistan.
                            Ergo Pak stats for C19 are plausible. Keep posting them : )

Paks are doing what the Chinese did at Wuhan at the start of the outbreak. Remember, OOE said Chinese had no test kits at the beginning of the outbreak so they went through patient records and people with symptoms were added. Whatever test kits Paks have might still be first gen Chinese ones that aren't reliable SO the examining doctors prognosis will be used. Else they get false negatives and risk releasing infected back into circulation.

We've waiting on an order for a million test kits we placed with Germany. My understanding is these are anti-body test kits. So gen 2 as opposed to the gen 1 serological ones being used currently. Gen 2 are better at detecting exposure and will catch people with low viral loads which gen 1 cannot do.

That is why GSVChamp mentioned one of his colleagues was told to come after a few days when presumably he would be more sick and have enough of a viral load to be detected by the gen 1 kits in use at the testing centre in Chicago.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Apr 20,, 16:06.

Comment

• ^ China locked down entire Wuhan, Pakistan has not.

Comment

Then there's Whatsapp and FB, where among numerous fake messages, there is one that says, praying to the sun with folded hands gives people immunity against Covid-19.
                                Don't know about praying to the sun but the corona namaste is a safer form of greeting than bumping elbows that might have been sneezed into : D

People like me suffer when meat shops are closed. No use of money at hand. I hope people learn from this crisis, and new start-ups/entrepreneurs take everything online, including meat/booze. 1 click order, and have it delivered to your home.

^ That is a good idea actually.
                                JD which is China's amazon started as a result of the lock downs brought on by SARS in 2003.

Well, there are numerous online selling portals in Bangalore but they are not functional. My bigbasket (for groceries) orders have not been fulfilled since the lockdown began on Mar 23. They have an issue with manpower so still no delivery slots available over a week and a half later. Twice i placed an order, twice they cancelled on me. Same happened to my Amazon orders that were due last week.

Going to the store, if the store has stock is the only option.

I stocked up on meds in Feb already.

^ China locked down entire Wuhan, Pakistan has not.
                                It might come. Numerous gulf countries have also locked down.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Apr 20,, 16:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X