This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most needed in US NAVY

I pick Attack Subs and second I would pick BBG because we need NSFS asset for support Marine Operations.
    Iowa Class Battleships
    24.68%
    Virginia Class Nuclear Attack Submarines
    21.52%
    Amphibious Assault Ships
    10.13%
    Aerligh Burk Class Destroyers
    6.33%
    Nimitz Class Carriers
    18.99%
    Littoral Combat Ships
    18.35%

Battleships.... piss on the bubbleheads :D
    Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

I went for BB's. I'd vote CVN's if they had F-14Ds, but they won't
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

One more Nimitz to replace the Kitty Hawk, and two more carriers, more advanced than the Nimitz class, to replace the JFK and Enterprise.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I voted for the Virginia class attack sub. Not having enough forces us to risk using subs not suited for the littoral role and puts them at risk. Littoral engagements will likely predominate for the next few years. We could use the CVNs but they are in the works and we have time. We need the aircraft situation sorted out first to get full effect of the carriers. The naval JSF isn't a total solution. Many nations thinking of opposing us keep track of our carriers and choose to act when we are elswhere. The silent invisible subs add an additional uncertainty to the mix.

Comment

Iowa.

Comment

I would vote for cvn's also but the aircraft situation kinda sucks. I have to look forward to the new litoral warfare scenarios the Navy is leaning towards. Doing this I would choose the BB's. I would like to see the South Dakotas recommisioned (pipedream I know) because the Massachusetts BB-59 is in full working order as far as the steam plants are concerned. It is in great shape also. Unfortunately it has the 16" 45 calibers, MKVI guns.
              "Now we shall have ourselves a pell mell battle!" ......The Immortal Memory, Admiral Nelson

Comment

The Massachusetts 16"/45's still pack more NGFS wallop than the entire USN surface fleet combined, so while they're not the 50caliber rifles, they aint no slouches either. ;)

Comment

We only have something like 57 Submarines, it is hard to cover most of the oceans with Subs when you only got 57 of them.

Comment

Even harder with only 12 CVN's
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

You don't need to cover the planet with CVN's;)

Comment

We need the Battleships.

If i can't have those, i want the 90TACAIR carrier air wing back.

We may have 12 fleet carriers by counting hulls, but they are embarking the same total of aircraft as six 90TACAIR CV's used to.

The 90TACAIR wing is what the Nimitz was designed to employ.

Comment

15 Gun Broadside(9, 16 inch guns and 6, 5 inch guns).

Comment

Awesome.

That's about 26,000lbs of HE and steel in a single salvo.

Sweet. :)

Comment

Yup, it's every single gun that can fire in that dirrection.

Comment

Working...
                              X