X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia antes up, again.

From PowerLine:

If It Weren't For the Honor...

...a terrorist might prefer not to be al Qaeda's leader in Saudi Arabia. We noted just six weeks ago that the leader of al Qaeda's Saudi branch had been killed in a shootout with police. That individual, a Moroccan named Younis Mohammed Ibrahim al-Hayari, "had headed al Qaeda's Saudi branch for only a short time, following the death of his predecessor."

Today the Saudis reported that al-Hayari's successor, Saleh Mohammed al-Aoofi, who had been "in office" for less than two months, was one of six terrorists killed in a series of police raids in Medina and Riyadh. One wonders who is left to pick up the mantle. Of the 26 al Qaeda terrorists on the Saudis' most wanted list as of December 2003, 25 have now been captured or killed. I suppose that last guy must be next in line.

Things are not going well for al Qaeda these days.
    Okay, there's still a lot of problems being made for us in the Kingdom, but it just ain't a percentage move to be an aQ guy there, either.

They can do more, but they could do it on EITHER SIDE. So, all you strategic thinkers that want us to turn on the Saudis because they're not perfect would do well to remember: 25 out of 26 of their top Bad Guys are now dead or captured, and if we had that batting average, bin Laden would be in the big mayonnaise jar by now.

But if we force 'em to play for the other team, all that oil money ($66+/bbl, remember?) goes to fighting us, not helping us. Think it through.

They must have good human intel inside their country. Most dictatorship do. At least they're getting the job done inside the Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
      From PowerLine:

Okay, there's still a lot of problems being made for us in the Kingdom, but it just ain't a percentage move to be an aQ guy there, either.

They can do more, but they could do it on EITHER SIDE. So, all you strategic thinkers that want us to turn on the Saudis because they're not perfect would do well to remember: 25 out of 26 of their top Bad Guys are now dead or captured, and if we had that batting average, bin Laden would be in the big mayonnaise jar by now.

But if we force 'em to play for the other team, all that oil money ($66+/bbl, remember?) goes to fighting us, not helping us. Think it through.

The number of the Top Bad Guys are as per the estimates of the Saudis and it need not be perfect. How many are still in the woodwork is anyone's guess.

The fact that the Saudi kings support the Islamofascist front organisations is no secret. Therefore, there is a collusion.

The US has tolerated the Saudis and have turned a blind eye to all their faults. Has it stopped the oil prices from skyrocketting? If the US squeezes them with the Treasury notes and the bonds, Saudis will jump!

This is one country which if attacked, none will shed a tear!

They are just blackmailing the world.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Finally people are seeing logic.

Comment

Bluesman,
          The Saudi govt will not tolerate the AQ because it is against th royalty, but they have no quams in funding such groups worldwide.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Oh. I'm aware of all of that. Basically, the Saudis have exported their civil war.

BUT - and this is all I'm saying - I'd rather have 'em doing what little they're doing FOR us than have them doing all they're capable of AGAINST us.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
              Bluesman,
              The Saudi govt will not tolerate the AQ because it is against th royalty, but they have no quams in funding such groups worldwide.
              Ditto. These elements were a threat to THEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                And what is next? If the oil price goes upto $100 /bbl, should all of us be converting to Islam?

Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have been the fountainhead of jihad and international terrorism, having them as allies in War On Terror is like f.ucking for virginity.
                Last edited by konkerer; 19 Aug 05,, 18:12.

Comment

Some people have all the ability to drag Pakistan into anything :D

Comment

Surrogate.

Though I am very keen to know of the madrassas and their work towards jihad in other Moslem countries save Pakistan and to what extent they are contributing to the Holy Jehad.

Why isn't there anything available on them except some dated stuff and instead the limelight with the starkly lighting effect of Adobe Photoshop on Pakistan alone!

I am sure they are also contributing to the kitty.
                    Last edited by Ray; 19 Aug 05,, 18:31.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                    X