Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling Soldier!!

NEED SOME TRUTH? CHECK OUT TRAVELING SOLDIER

Telling the truth - about the occupation or the criminals running the government in Washington - is the first reason for Traveling Soldier. But we want to do more than tell the truth; we want to report on the resistance - whether it's in the streets of Baghdad, New York, or inside the armed forces. Our goal is for Traveling Soldier to become the thread that ties working-class people inside the armed services together. We want this newsletter to be a weapon to help you organize resistance within the armed forces. If you like what you've read, we hope that you'll join with us in building a network of active duty organizers.

http://www.traveling-soldier.org/ And join with Iraq War vets in the call to end the occupation and bring our troops home now ALIVE! (www.ivaw.net)

Originally posted by L.O.V.E.
    NEED SOME TRUTH? CHECK OUT TRAVELING SOLDIER

Telling the truth - about the occupation or the criminals running the government in Washington - is the first reason for Traveling Soldier. But we want to do more than tell the truth; we want to report on the resistance - whether it's in the streets of Baghdad, New York, or inside the armed forces. Our goal is for Traveling Soldier to become the thread that ties working-class people inside the armed services together. We want this newsletter to be a weapon to help you organize resistance within the armed forces. If you like what you've read, we hope that you'll join with us in building a network of active duty organizers.

http://www.traveling-soldier.org/ And join with Iraq War vets in the call to end the occupation and bring our troops home now ALIVE! (www.ivaw.net)

Isn't there a limit on how many ridiculous, absurd posts someone can make in such a short amount of time? This lunatic is on his third one in under 20 minutes and this last one sounds an awful lot like a commercial to me. If I close my eyes, I can actually hear Sally Struthers reading the script, nearly in tears.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Can one of the Mod's please have a word with this fine gentleman?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Sorry LOVE, it's not an occupation. We're in Iraq fighting right wing paramilitary death squads at the behest of the legitimately elected Iraqi government, not the mention the UN mandate to boot.

http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Art...e.asp?ID=16214

Words matter. Words convey moral clarity. Without moral clarity, we will not succeed in Iraq. That is why the terms the press uses to cover this conflict are so vital. For example, take the word "“guerillas."” As you noted, mainstream media sources like the New York Times often use the terms "insurgents" or "“guerillas"” to describe the Sunni Triangle gunmen, as if these murderous thugs represented a traditional national liberation movement. But when the Times reports on similar groups of masked reactionary killers operating in Latin American countries, they utilize the phrase "paramilitary death squads."” Same murderers, different designations. Yet of the two, "insurgents" —and especially "“guerillas" —has a claim on our sympathies that "paramilitaries?” lacks. This is not semantics: imagine if the media routinely called the Sunni Triangle gunmen "right wing paramilitary death squads." Not only would the description be more accurate, but it would offer the American public a clear idea of the enemy in Iraq. And that, in turn, would bolster public attitudes toward the war.

Supporters of the conflict in Iraq bear much blame for allowing the terminology - and, by extension, the narrative - —of events to slip from our grasp and into the hands of the anti-war camp. Words and ideas matter. Instead of saying that the Coalition "“invaded" Iraq and "“occupies"” it today, we could more precisely claim that the allies liberated the country and are currently reconstructing it. More than cosmetic changes, these definitions reflect the nobility of our effort in Iraq, and steal rhetorical ammunition from the left.

The most despicable misuse of terminology, however, occurs when Leftists call the Saddamites and foreign jihadists "“the resistance."” What an example of moral inversion! For the fact is, paramilitary death squads are attacking the Iraqi people. And those who oppose the killers--the Iraqi police and National Guardsmen, members of the Allawi government, people like Nour - they are the "“resistance."” They are preventing Islamofascists from seizing Iraq, they are resisting evil men from turning the entire nation into a mass slaughterhouse like we saw in re-liberated Falluja. Anyone who cares about success in our struggle against Islamofascism - —or upholds principles of moral clarity and lucid thought - —should combat such Orwellian distortions of our language.
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
          Can one of the Mod's please have a word with this fine gentleman?
          I got a word: B-a-n-n-e-d!

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks L.OV.E. is really LUND/lulldapull trolling here AGAIN?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601
              Am I the only one who thinks L.OV.E. is really LUND/lulldapull trolling here AGAIN?
              Didn't think about it...just took the shot when the varmit poked it's head out. ;)

Comment

Darn varmints!
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

LOL, you're a mod after my own heart Luna.

Someone needed to step up and clean this joint out, and you've done so nicely.

Kudos. :)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                    ...Kudos. :)
                    I second that. Luna as done a good job of taking out the trash this last couple weeks.
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Lemme guess, Snipe is just being his usual lazy self and lets others pick up the slack... ;) :)

Yeah, I'm getting banned next...

Comment

I'm not a mod here anymore.

I resigned the position about 18months ago.

Comment

No, you're just working behind the scenes, where you like it. I know you...

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                            No, you're just working behind the scenes, where you like it. I know you...
                            Snipe folded, VVV's been pre-occupied with cleaning up the trash outside of cyberspace...and Horrido's praying mantis herd probably turned on him and picked his bones completely clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
                              Horrido's praying mantis herd probably turned on him and picked his bones completely clean.
                              Is that what happened? I haven't even seen him on AIM lately. :(
                              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                              X