No announcement yet.

Jaish terrorists attack CRPF convoy in Kashmir, 40 killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I remember he didn't even want to meet Trudeau when he arrived here. I agree its domestic compulsions but that is a weak reason.

He pointed out that he himself had given proof to the Canadian Prime Minister + during his India visit last year, of his country's soil being used to spread the separatist Khalistani ideology against a friendly country.

Trudeau had been informed of Khalistani activists being involved in financing terror activities in India from Canada, said the chief minister in a statement here Sunday.
    Singh had handed over to the Canadian Prime Minister a list of nine Canada-based operatives allegedly involved in promoting radicalism in Punjab, which has the highest number of Sikhs in India.
    I imagine after all this the Captain is mighty pissed off right now.

Comment

• ^ You can just imagine his headache. Punjab has a mighty drug problem which is nowhere near being solved, now this Khalistan issue has cropped up again. On top of that he's ex-military.

Nirmala Sitharaman: ‘Pakistan needed 40 days to take journalists (to Balakot)… they can do the necessary whitewashing, they can take as many people as they want’

Pakistan is under the military jackboot

‘Was asked to help carry out Pulwama bombing’: Jaish commander to cops
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        Search a user in twitter named 'jugnoo gernail'. He's been banned couple of times, but he comes up with a new ID. Maybe he's using 3 'o' now instead of 2 'o'. You know what I mean. CFair has Jugnoo in her list. And many others. Hilarious.
        Lawrence Sellin isn't a parody account, he's a real guy : )

Retried US army colonel

Given some of his tweets, he came across more Indian than American

Comment

• Realisation must dawn on the army that it has let down the country. Pakistan cannot survive as a coherent nation state unless the army gives up four things: driving the country’s national security and foreign policies from the backseat; seeking strategic depth in Afghanistan; attempting to destabilise India through its proxy war; and meddling in politics. The army must pull itself up by the bootstraps and substantively enhance its capacity to conduct effective counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations. In the national interest, the army must give up being a State within a State and accept civilian control, even if it does so with bad grace.
          We can help them with this by persuading them to increase their defense budget. More the army gets, less the people get. Then keep them off balance and embarass them. After a while their people will start to question.

Comment

• A flight booking call gave NIA leads to nab Lashkar-e-Taiba funding head

Pulwama spillover
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

^ You can just imagine his headache. Punjab has a mighty drug problem which is nowhere near being solved, now this Khalistan issue has cropped up again. On top of that he's ex-military.
              That last bit means he's on the same page as the govt.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
              However, barely a week after Mahmood’s statement, the proposed meeting to discuss the Kartarpur Corridor connecting Sikh shrines in both countries was rescheduled as India objected to the presence of two Khalistani separatists on the Pakistani panel. Stating that the Kartarpur facility should not be used to further anti-India propaganda, India objected to the presence of Maninder Singh Tara and Gopal Singh Chawla on the panel; the latter is said to be close to Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed.
              what ??!
              Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Apr 19,, 04:31.

Comment

• Kartarpur corridor is Pakistan's easiest way to prop up support for Khalistan in India using Khalistani terrorists. I knew it since the day that idiot Im the Dim announced it.

Has Pakistan ever done anything that has not harmed India? Has Pakistan ever done anything for its own abduls? Which is why I am certain we should pay back Pakistan with the same coin of terrorism that India has long been suffering.

Comment

Kartarpur corridor is Pakistan's easiest way to prop up support for Khalistan in India using Khalistani terrorists. I knew it since the day that idiot Im the Dim announced it.

Has Pakistan ever done anything that has not harmed India? Has Pakistan ever done anything for its own abduls? Which is why I am certain we should pay back Pakistan with the same coin of terrorism that India has long been suffering.
                  If the camps are being moved away from the border then what stops them opening up more in Afghanistan. Train there and fight in India. We will have to work with the Americans & Afghans to take them out in Afghanistan.

If we're going down the covert route then Afghanistan offers more possibilities.

Comment

• A changed approach

What does one make of this piece?

ISI challenges SC's Faizabad sit-in verdict

The whole world knows Pak lives under its Armys' jackboot. Lol.
                    Last edited by Oracle; 16 Apr 19,, 04:52.

Comment

A changed approach

What does one make of this piece?
                      India's action had many options to de-escalate. I'm unsure if that was more responsible for the N word not being used than what he says ie both sides have mature nuclear arsenals.

When you don't have over half a million troops mobilising on the border then temperatures are cooler on both sides. They were still on alert to mobilise if necessary.

He seems to think we underestimated the Pak response. I don't think so. The impression i get is the PAF would have done more had we not countered.

I do not accept the contention that it was a demonstration as AM suggested. Because this comes from the false equivalence that the IAf also did the same, missed deliberately to send a message.

No, we are not going to go to the trouble just for a demonstration. There better be deliverables at the end of it or the birds don't fly.

I read a critique from Brahma the other day.

With Balakot, India both gained & lost an opportunity to push Pakistan to act against terror | The Print | Apr 16 2019

Brahma's argument is our reaction to the PAF counter strike was too soft. Maybe leading Moeed to think we underestimated it. That it didn't deter the Paks. Not from mounting a counter strike and further terrorist actions.

The intruding Pakistani warplanes brazenly tried to bomb Indian military sites. Although “no significant” damage was caused, according to the Indian military, Pakistan’s transborder targeting of army formations opened a long-sought opportunity for the Indian armed forces to wreak massive punishment. Underscoring this opportunity is the fact that a near-bankrupt Pakistan cannot afford a military conflict. Indeed, such is Pakistan’s vulnerability to a punitive attack that, as this newspaper reported, only one Pakistani submarine currently is operational — that too partially.

Yet, India’s political leadership held back the armed forces from retaliating. New Delhi chose to defer to Washington’s assurances on Pakistan. Consequently, it was US President Donald Trump who signalled de-escalation, saying the tensions were “going to be coming to an end”. Hours after Trump’s announcement, an overcautious India finally allowed its armed forces to brief the media. But by then, parts of Pakistani propaganda had already taken hold internationally.
                      I don't think we wanted to go further. The idea was non-military and that objective was met.

There is a feeling that the Paks were ahead in the perception game here. They would be, they need it more than us to control their people. To make the Indian strike appear less than it was and their reactin more than it was.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 16 Apr 19,, 16:53.

Comment

• Top commanders killed in Valley, Jaish activates new launch pads across LoC: Officials

Comment

• ^
                          After the Indian air strike at Jaish’s biggest terror training camp at Balakot, the globally proscribed group has threatened to get even by targeting innocents in hinterland India or security forces in the Valley. Communication intercepts indicate that Jaish will ratchet up violence in the Valley in the coming months, the counter-terror officials said.
                          We will see how they do it

Comment

• ‘Masood Azhar issue being resolved’: China tells US to hold new resolution | HT | Apr 17 2019

Ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              If the camps are being moved away from the border then what stops them opening up more in Afghanistan. Train there and fight in India. We will have to work with the Americans & Afghans to take them out in Afghanistan.

If we're going down the covert route then Afghanistan offers more possibilities.
                              If I was the Indian NSA, I'd talk covert action with former KHAD operatives. Pour in 100s of millions of dollars, and get Pak into the sinkhole.
                              Last edited by Oracle; 17 Apr 19,, 17:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                India's action had many options to de-escalate. I'm unsure if that was more responsible for the N word not being used than what he says ie both sides have mature nuclear arsenals.
                                Moeed is an ISI hack. What does he mean by mature arsenals? 5kn tactical nukes are mature arsenals?

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                When you don't have over half a million troops mobilising on the border then temperatures are cooler on both sides. They were still on alert to mobilise if necessary.

He seems to think we underestimated the Pak response. I don't think so. The impression i get is the PAF would have done more had we not countered.
                                After an aerial strike, one doesn't sleep peacefully. One becomes more alert. And yes, your impression is correct, but PAF doing more? LMAO!

I do not accept the contention that it was a demonstration as AM suggested. Because this comes from the false equivalence that the IAf also did the same, missed deliberately to send a message.

No, we are not going to go to the trouble just for a demonstration. There better be deliverables at the end of it or the birds don't fly.
                                Did Agnostic Muslim accept that the Pulwama attack was conducted by the JeM? Did he apologize? He is a terror apologist. He did the same after the 2008 Mumbai attacks. He lives on a pattern. Comes here to deny, and propagate the terrorist narrative of the Pak Military. He lives in denial, much same as the Pak Military and their civilian abduls.

IAF hit the terrorist camp at Balakote. If IAF was unsuccessful, why did they try to attack Army installations the next day? What IAF did was rape the Pakistani air-space overtly, dropped payloads, killed 300 or so illiterate jihadi abduls of Pakistan, and came back unscathed. This was no demonstration. What the PAF wanted to do the next day, was to destroy a couple of targets inside India. They could not. The border areas with Pakistan was on full alert. We lost a Mig-21B. And we shot down a PAF F-16.

I read a critique from Brahma the other day.

With Balakot, India both gained & lost an opportunity to push Pakistan to act against terror | The Print | Apr 16 2019

Brahma's argument is our reaction to the PAF counter strike was too soft. Maybe leading Moeed to think we underestimated it. That it didn't deter the Paks. Not from mounting a counter strike and further terrorist actions.

I don't think we wanted to go further. The idea was non-military and that objective was met.

There is a feeling that the Paks were ahead in the perception game here. They would be, they need it more than us to control their people. To make the Indian strike appear less than it was and their reactin more than it was.
                                Paks are ahead in the terrorist propaganda perception game. Nothing else. Nobody, other than terrorists and their sympathisers believe what comes out from Pakistan. I agree with Brahma. We should have send strikes packages inside Pak and destroyed some of their army installations, as well as send a message that the IAF pilot in custody needs to be returned ASAP. Any mischief from the Pak side again, we should have used our Navy to lighten up Karachi (Navy was already deployed). India should stop dealing Pakistani terrorism with kid gloves.
                                Last edited by Oracle; 17 Apr 19,, 18:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X