No announcement yet.

For Pakistan, terrorism is a state-sponsored business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing is mentioned, not the name of the editor, general manager or journalist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Pakistan slaps terror financing cases against Hafiz Saeed, front entities

We have seen this script play out before many times.
      “Hence, they committed multiple offences of terrorism financing and money laundering under the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997. They will be prosecuted in anti-terrorism courts for the commission of these offences. These assets/NPOs have already been taken over by the government in compliance with the UN’s sanctions,” the CTD spokesperson said.

The JuD and LeT leaders who have been booked, include Hafiz Saeed, Abdul Rehman Makki, Malik Zafar Iqbal, Ameer Hamza, Muhammad Yahya Aziz, Muhammad Naeem, Mohsin Bilal, Abdul Raqeeb, Dr Ahmad Daud, Dr Muhammad Ayub, Abdullah Ubaid, Muhammad Ali, Abdul Ghaffar and others.
      Not seen them charged under the AT act before in Pakistan. Saeed used to get hauled in under the MPO ( Maintenance of public order act) and then subsequently released as the state could not hold him past two months i think.

The global body asked Pakistan to implement all 27 points of its action plan by October, failing which it would take further action, even blacklisting Pakistan.
      All ? they were only compliant with five last plenary meeting

Comment

• ^ People are talking now that everything Pak does is cosmetic, and the added pressure of FATF, so they invoked AT law. Even then, those murderous islamic pigs will be treated 5 star like. Did you watch Doval's video I posted? He mentions Bajwa saying India is their arch enemy, this february. If you have read Directorate S, you know Kayani said that they have to get Kashmir no matter what.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Kartarpur talks, Pakistani propaganda aside, 5 PA soldiers were definitely killed, maybe more as the PA hides casualty figures. We'll get to know the details in some days.

Zardari’s interview pulled from air: anchor

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	2
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1478203

Name:	2.png
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1478204
          Last edited by Oracle; 04 Jul 19,, 10:47.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Vigilant R&AW Cripples China-Pakistan Nexus in Arabian Sea

The title is incorrect. Maldives is not in the Arabian Sea, it's in the IOR.
            Sources said once Solih took over the reins in Male, ISI’s growing influence in the Maldives was gradually neutralised.
            I wonder what they mean by neutralised here. And how does Solih coming to power achieve this.

During Yameen’s tenure, Pakistan Embassy at Lily Magu area in Male had become an overseas hub of ISI, engaged in hatching conspiracies against India. In fact, Pakistan’s Ambassador played a key role in bringing Beijing closer to Yameen.
            So now no more or largely reduced hatching of conspiracies by ISI in the Maldives ?

Comment

^ People are talking now that everything Pak does is cosmetic, and the added pressure of FATF, so they invoked AT law. Even then, those murderous islamic pigs will be treated 5 star like.
              If you want to be cynical, the case drags on for years. Witnesses start disappearing, prosecutors get murdered and maybe even the judge.

But those charged won't get out in two months like previously.

Charging him is only the beginning, its a good start. But the deliverable is a conviction, this is an open question. When we see convictions the picture changes.

Did you watch Doval's video I posted? He mentions Bajwa saying India is their arch enemy, this february. If you have read Directorate S, you know Kayani said that they have to get Kashmir no matter what.
              We did bomb them : D

If they say they have to get it then our job is to persuade them otherwise. If their operatives get taken out, if the overground workers are impeded if the people lose interest in this "cause". Then tell me what can Bajwa or his replacements do ?

Face it, the only reason this has gone on this long is due to mismanagement at many levels, legal, political, financial etc. n the Indian side. We've scored plenty of own goals here.

Compare with the rest of the country and people today wonder why this problem still exists.

This terrorism problem stops when the people of Pakistan say it stops.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Jul 19,, 12:21.

Comment

• It's through

IMF okays $6bn package to ‘foster strong growth’ | Dawn | Jul 04 2019

The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Wednesday approved a $6 billion bailout package for Pakistan and immediately released $1bn to ease a sustained pressure on the country’s foreign exchange reserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  I wonder what they mean by neutralised here. And how does Solih coming to power achieve this.
                  So now no more or largely reduced hatching of conspiracies by ISI in the Maldives ?
                  It means effectively handling ISI handlers and extremists in Maldives. Minimizing chances of the Pak Embassy recruiting more Maldivian jihadis. And keeping a tab on those already in Pakistan.

Pakistan is doing the same thing in Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc. Ka-boom in an Indian city, and the Paks will say, look these are Maldivian nationals, Pak is not involved. These jihadi rascals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    If you want to be cynical, the case drags on for years. Witnesses start disappearing, prosecutors get murdered and maybe even the judge.

But those charged won't get out in two months like previously.

Charging him is only the beginning, its a good start. But the deliverable is a conviction, this is an open question. When we see convictions the picture changes.
                    Did the Jihadi establishment charge Saeed for 26/11 attacks?

We did bomb them : D

If they say they have to get it then our job is to persuade them otherwise. If their operatives get taken out, if the overground workers are impeded if the people lose interest in this "cause". Then tell me what can Bajwa or his replacements do ?

Face it, the only reason this has gone on this long is due to mismanagement at many levels, legal, political, financial etc. n the Indian side. We've scored plenty of own goals here.

Compare with the rest of the country and people today wonder why this problem still exists.

This terrorism problem stops when the people of Pakistan say it stops.
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you. Had a good laugh in sometime.

This is from the MEA spokesperson - 'Cosmetic steps': India dismisses Pakistan's action against Hafiz Saeed

Comment

• FAKE ALERT: No, UNESCO has not declared Islam as the world’s most peaceful religion

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	1478205

Name:	2.png
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	1478206

Name:	3.png
Size:	622.4 KB
ID:	1478207

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1478208

Name:	5.png
Size:	376.1 KB
ID:	1478209

Name:	6.png
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1478210

Why do they do these things? Let the whole world laugh at them? Mindblowing how incorrigible some of these people are.

Comment

Did the Jihadi establishment charge Saeed for 26/11 attacks?
                          Will have to see what the charges are ? your article does not mention that just that this time he was taken in under the AT act.

I've pointed out the difference between being charged this time under the AT act as opposed to previously under the MPO act which your TOI article did not highlight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you. Had a good laugh in sometime.
                          As opposed to this ?

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          The only compellence policy for changing Pakistan's terrorism as a FP is an all out war. Now, tell me, which country wants it?
                          An all out war vs people in Pakistan demanding better conditions than exists presently due to the policy pursued. This depends on them taking charge of their country. It's not the case now, you mean to tell me it will never be the case ? that's not clear to me. Until such time nothing changes.

I've mentioned what Sood & Katju have said and explained in another thread why it was not feasible. Nobody wants tension.

Pakistan's sincerity to take action against terrorists and terror groups will be judged on the basis of their ability to demonstrate verifiable, credible and irreversible action against terror groups operating from their soil and not on the basis of half-hearted measures which they undertake sometimes to hoodwink the international community.
                          That's what the Paks have to demonstrate. Are these actions irreversible, that has not been shown yet.

Partha said that Masood Azhar should be tried by a military tribunal for two failed attempts against Musharaf. Otherwise the implication is attacks on top military leaders will be condoned. They may have caught the perps responsible but there was no public trial to this effect.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Jul 19,, 07:35.

Comment

Kashmir is not Xinjiang. Pakistan doesn't have a FP doctrine that calls for sending in terrorists inside China to bleed the Chinese with a 1000 cuts. Apples and oranges, yeah.
                            The question is very simple. Can Pakistan stop its terrorism policy against India if it wants to ?

You know the history between these countries. You know the official stance of the Pakistan Army. Yet, you bring about a different territory, a different country, Pakistan's godfather in here, read some opinions and argue without proving your point. This is how arguments go cyclic. Sorry, but I'll excuse myself.
                            Leave this aside for the moment. Forget FP & ideology.

Comment

It means effectively handling ISI handlers and extremists in Maldives. Minimizing chances of the Pak Embassy recruiting more Maldivian jihadis. And keeping a tab on those already in Pakistan.
                              These are objectives. What I was asking was how do you "effectively handle ISI handlers" or minimize recruitment. It also seems a bit premature to state all of this now. Maybe after a few more years we can see the effects. I've not followed the Maldivian press have there been any arrests or similar of such characters on suspicion of the above.

Pakistan is doing the same thing in Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc. Ka-boom in an Indian city, and the Paks will say, look these are Maldivian nationals, Pak is not involved. These jihadi rascals.
                              Bangladesh seems to be under control. They have acted against our inputs. So i suppose the same will apply for the Maldives. Similar model.

Sri Lanka i'm still waiting to see some links or trail leading to the Paks after the church bombings. Nothing has shown up yet. There is a history of cooperation which means they get a free run in the country.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Jul 19,, 15:50.

Comment

• Why PM Modi’s victory made Gilgit-Baltistan happy | TSG | Jun 29 2019

BJP prescribes to the view that Pakistan’s motivation as well as successes in executing terror activities in the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir hinge on control over POK.

Further, Pakistan’s presence in POK also enables China to commit a long term military footprint in the Persian Gulf and the Indian Ocean Region, which is coming at India’s cost. The newly appointed Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh, by making his maiden official visit to Siachen glacier, confirms the adherence to this conviction.

One will hardly hear the people of Gilgit-Baltistan say it aloud, however, BJP’s successes against Pakistan-sponsored terrorists are a source of relief for them too, since these terrorists are not just against India, but they also target and kill the Shias, Sufis and Ismailis of Gilgit-Baltistan.

They damage the social fabric by violating cultural and religious practices and institutions. The people of Gilgit-Baltistan are unhappy that the Pakistani military encourages these terrorists to interfere in local political affairs and enables them to exploit resources to sustain such activities. Religious polarisation between Shias and Sunnis has made Gilgit-Baltistan a hub for terrorist recruitment and training, and locals detest their land being used against Ladakh or Kashmir.

The locals remind Pakistani rulers that the people living on both sides of Line of Control share the same ethnic and religious makeup and they do not approve of violence as a means to solve the Kashmir issue.

Those who witnessed the Kargil War still narrate how Pakistani incursions damaged the economic wellbeing of the region and how the destruction to mosques, khanqahs and imambargahs in Ladakh caused emotional pain to the region’s Balti community.

BJP advocates the reunion of Gilgit-Baltistan with India, which will help the natives enjoy citizenship rights in a Constitutional set-up like their kin in Ladakh. This view was well received by the Ladakhi Muslims and helped BJP expand its vote bank.

According to Zulikha Bano, a Balti activist from the Nubra valley in Leh district, more than 40% of Muslim voters in Nubra supported BJP’s Jamyang T. Namgyal—which is the highest Muslim vote share for any BJP candidate.

Zulikha claims that villages such as Chulungkha, Tyakshi and Turtuk, with a Balti population, voted for the BJP since the latter backs opening the Nubra-Chorbat (Chorbat valley is in Gilgit-Baltistan) road to revive commerce across the Line of Control and ease communication between members of the divided families.

Zulikha states that the local Baltis also praise BJP for declaring their villages “tourist-accessible”, which has enhanced local business and livelihood prospects.

The Kargil based Mohammad Hassan Pasha, who is the vice president of Jammu & Kashmir BJP Yuva Morcha (Youth Front), feels that the prejudice against BJP is giving way to rational thinking, and support for Prime Minister Narendra Modi is growing among the youth of Kargil. He said that the Baltis appreciate BJP’s decision to establish the university and a separate administrative division for Ladakh. According to Pasha, more than one-quarter of Ladakhi Muslims supported BJP during the current elections, which was a significant change.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Jul 19,, 08:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X