Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 33 of 33

Thread: Cannabis legalized in Canada

  1. #31
    Former Staff Senior Contributor Ironduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 03
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    11,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    The problem as I see it, is our Governments have been taking a moral stand on such issues, and bans placed on those have pushed businesses underground. Crimes rise because of that, add to that black money generation. The Government can always tax these out of business, if things go south.
    In several states drug dealers are required, by law, to get a stamp from their state's Department of Revenue, and affix that stamp to the bags of drugs they're selling.

    North Carolina: Unauthorized Substances Tax

    About The Unauthorized Substances Tax
    (North Carolina General Statutes 105-113.105 Through 105-113.113)

    What is the unauthorized substances tax?

    The unauthorized substances tax is an excise tax on controlled substances (marijuana, cocaine, etc.), illicit spirituous liquor ("moonshine"), mash and illicit mixed beverages.

    Who is required to pay the tax?

    The tax is due by any individual who possesses an unauthorized substance upon which the tax has not been paid, as evidenced by a stamp.

    When is the tax due?

    The tax is payable within 48 hours after an individual acquires possession of an unauthorized substance upon which the tax has not been paid, as evidenced by a stamp.

    Do I have to identify myself when I pay the tax?

    No. Individuals who purchase stamps from the Department of Revenue are not required to give their name, address, social security number, or other identifying information.

    What should I do with the stamps that I receive after I pay the tax?

    The stamps must be permanently affixed to the unauthorized substance. Once the tax due on an unauthorized substance has been paid and the stamps affixed, no additional tax is due even though the unauthorized substance may be handled or possessed by other individuals in the future.

    Will the Department of Revenue notify law enforcement if I purchase stamps to affix to my unauthorized substances?

    No. Not withstanding any other provision of law, information obtained pursuant to the unauthorized substances tax law is confidential and may not be disclosed or, unless independently obtained, used in a criminal prosecution other than a prosecution for a violation of the unauthorized substances tax law. Revenue employees who divulge information regarding stamp purchasers to law enforcement shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

    How are unauthorized substances tax collections used?

    Seventy-five percent (75%) of the money collected is returned to the state or local law enforcement agency whose investigation led to the assessment. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of the money collected is credited to the General Fund.

    If I purchase stamps will I then be in legal possession of the drugs?

    No, purchasing stamps only fulfills your civil unauthorized substance tax obligation. You will still be in violation of the criminal statues of North Carolina for possessing the drugs.

    What number can I call to get an application for stamps or more information on the unauthorized substances tax?

    1-877-308-9103
    What I don't want to see is the Bills winning a Super Bowl. As long as I'm alive that doesn't happen.

  2. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    27 Jun 18
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3
    Oh, I think that it is great that now we can buy cannabis online https://cannasos.com/news/education/...oronto-ontario

  3. #33
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    966.3673
    Posts
    3,470
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

    Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. This is in Canada...
    By Jay in forum International Politics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26 Nov 05,, 05:57

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •