Las Vegas Oct 2017 mass shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
    That is not the recommendaton of Republican Legislators who are also recommending guns in the hands of teachers. Even Citanon, on this board, thinks that armed teachers should be armed with long guns. Incidentally, how would you feel going up with a pistol against an active shooter armed with an AR-15 or an AK?
    You asked me for what I was advocating for, not what some nebulous "they" were advocating for.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
      Abortion = kids murder is your opinion. No more, no less. Many don't believe it and the laws certainly do not support it.
      Science says that is exactly what it is. Law says it is legal becuase the unborn do not enjoy personhood which is a legal fiction

However, if indeed abortion is so painful to you guys then it points to the depravity of Republicans/ conservatives that they try to push women down the path of abortions by rejecing education and contraception.
      Was teen pregnancy higher or lower before the sexual revolution and abortion on demand? That being said, I certainly don't advocate for reduced education and loss of access to contraception for students. I do think adults should buy their own as part of you know adulthood.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        God I knew they were a problem but damned! They have no fear of humans? They get that close into a fenced in yard? That would be an acre of crops gone.

Your pig?

I don't think my dogs could have taken that.
        Not without armor, unless you wanted them to die. Bully breeds like pitbulls are working dogs in the South. A pair of trained pitbulls can take down and pin boar hog. Warning video may be disturbing to some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfvuXdegmRg
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
          Was teen pregnancy higher or lower before the sexual revolution and abortion on demand?
          Higher. Markedly so. The rate rose from about 90 per 100,000 to a bit over 110 between 1970 & 1990. Since then it has dropped precipitously and is now close to 50 per 100,000 - a record low. Guess the last few generations are just more intelligent, responsible and moral than my parents and grandparents generations.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

You asked me for what I was advocating for, not what some nebulous "they" were advocating for.
            Z,
            How would you develop a policy recommendation if everyone who wants "armed teacher" has a different version of what "armed" means?
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Not without armor, unless you wanted them to die. Bully breeds like pitbulls are working dogs in the South. A pair of trained pitbulls can take down and pin boar hog. Warning video may be disturbing to some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfvuXdegmRg
              Good meat. Damned pest. A foreign spieces. I'm amazed that they're not only not hunted to extinction but they're managing to thrive.
              Chimo

Comment

You remember Civil Rights in the 60s? What helped move it forward along with Dr. King? College students going south taking up the cause. College students who happen to be idealistic and passionate. Those resistant to change vilified them.

Remember Vietnam? What changed it's course in this country? College students once again. Those resistant to the obvious vilified them.

Now we have remember Parkland. I can feel it and this one won't go away. What is going to change it? High school students moving on into college students. High school students are even more passionate. Unlike years past this new generation is very adept on social media which I didn't have in 1968. My gut feeling is that a swelling wave is coming this time. It may take 5 years, it may take 10 years as these students take what they saw into their 20s and 30s. They are already being vilified but I think the NRA is going to run into something more formidable then they have in the past. The opposing side has passion equal to theirs if not more. So watch out Wayne some of those students are quite good at speaking. Denigrate them all you want but you won't fool them this time as a possible Maverick rushes towards you.

I do believe that you will be marginalized one day. Red sky at night sailor's delight, red sky at morning sailor take warning. It is now morning.

Comment

• Comment

Good meat. Damned pest. A foreign spieces. I'm amazed that they're not only not hunted to extinction but they're managing to thrive.
                    That they've managed to thrive is no surprise, they are omnivorous generalists after all, and pigs are a relatively intelligent species.

What I find most surprising is that a domesticated species, the common pig, was able to revert 10,000 or 12,000 years back to its original ancestral form.
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                      What I find most surprising is that a domesticated species, the common pig, was able to revert 10,000 or 12,000 years back to its original ancestral form.
                      Domestic animals can change remarkably quickly when they go feral. We have large feral cats in Australia that are descended from standard domestic breeds. They are 2-3 times the size of domestic cats, with some measuring up to 1.5 meters. They are so large they have been mistaken for proper 'big cats'. Like feral pigs, of which we have a large amount (and us without millions of semi-automatic weapons!), these changes have taken place in two centuries or less. Often much less.
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• ah, here comes the copycats...

Unstable Man Plots to Bring Guns to Schools
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by InfiniteDreams View Post
                          We know the last school shooter chose the school with a armed staff on duty.

Can anyone think of a school shooter that didn't target the school they went to?

The idea that student with a grudge is going down the road just because his school has armed staff doesn't pass the smell test

Comment

God I knew they were a problem but damned! They have no fear of humans? They get that close into a fenced in yard? That would be an acre of crops gone.

Your pig?

I don't think my dogs could have taken that.

If a human comes out of the house and yells, they will run off. But be back when they think the threat is gone.

Human scent doesn't deter them. They will break down your fence. They will come in your yard. I got up one morning to go to work and one was on the porch rooting up some onions the wife had on the porch that she was going to transplant to her garden.

It acted like a dog. didn't run, didn't attack. Walked away when I yelled at it. Didn't start running till I stamped my foot and the noise scared it.

No, I didn't kill the pig in the photo

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                              We know the last school shooter chose the school with a armed staff on duty.

Can anyone think of a school shooter that didn't target the school they went to?

The idea that student with a grudge is going down the road just because his school has armed staff doesn't pass the smell test
                              ummm... Sandy Hook, Santa Monica College, Stockton schoolyard, Cokeville Elementary...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                                ummm... Sandy Hook, Santa Monica College, Stockton schoolyard, Cokeville Elementary...
                                Sandy Hook- Mother worked there. Shooter was a former student
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_...chool_shooting

Education
                                Lanza attended Sandy Hook Elementary School for four and a half years.
                                Santa Monica College-John Zawahri was a former student
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_S...onica_shooting

Zawahri was a student of Santa Monica High School before enrolling in Santa Monica College in the winter of 2009
                                Stockton Schoolyard
                                https://www.officer.com/tactical/art...lyard-shooting
                                Purdy attended Cleveland Elementary School from kindergarten to the second grade.
                                Cokeville, Your right. Not a student Just the former Town Marshal on a revenge kick
                                Last edited by Gun Grape; 23 Feb 18,, 05:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X