No announcement yet.

USS John S McCain Collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TopHatter: Thank you for the assist with the link on my post. It's much appreciated. (I need all the help I can get...)

Comment

One wonders: 4 colisions in 2 years... how many near misses went unreported?...

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
        ... hold on... you just get a computer simulation showing how/where to repair?! /shock
        No...a simulator in a garage. Not the same.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cruiser View Post
          TopHatter: Thank you for the assist with the link on my post. It's much appreciated. (I need all the help I can get...)
          No worries, happy to help
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Called it right...

Originally posted by JCT View Post
            Actually, the third collision this year. In May the LAKE CHAMPLAIN hit a South Korean fishing vessel. Once is happenstance. Twice is a coincidence. Three times? Good chance someone above the level of the various ship's COs will get fired.

I hope that the missing Sailors are recovered alive, but after this much elapsed time it will soon become a recovery effort versus a search.
            The Navy cited a loss of confidence in Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin’s ability to command, the Associated Press reported.
            Attached Files

Comment

All have been accounted for...
              http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=102156

Comment

Charles Nathan Findley, 31, from Amazonia, Missouri ....

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                This is very close to home... what a terrible loss.
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting summary by USS Cole commander....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRR43XgUeG0

Comment

Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                    The comments on the video are just precious...

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                      The comments on the video are just precious...
                      Jesus...

From the comments section:

"The next point to consider is the fact that all these cargo / merchant ships involved in these incidents are Chinese or Asian owned and manned vessels so there is obviously some thing going on that is covert and deliberate about the collisions."
                      I didn't know YouTube commenters could use such impressive deductive reasoning! Ships involved in collisions off the coast of Asia are owned and operated by people from the same continent! Somebody better notify the US Navy Brass!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
                        Jesus...

I didn't know YouTube commenters could use such impressive deductive reasoning! Ships involved in collisions off the coast of Asia are owned and operated by people from the same continent! Somebody better notify the US Navy Brass!
                        I know, right?

There is no short supply of keyboard warriors, or sailors.

Comment

Comments on non- or lightly moderated boards/forums tend to be a) highly partisan and b) factually worthless. One reason I like WAB is that most idiots are run off fairly quickly.

In years past the Navy has fired an awful lot of Commanding Officers, upwards of 30+ a year. I have no idea if that trend continues, but what sort of mentality does it create in the 'survivors'? How does it affect their interaction with their crew?

Comment

US Navy ships in deadly collisions had dismal training records

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/11/politi...red/index.html

Comment

Certificates expired ....

Yikes, ships and crew deployed without certificates.
                              A little confusion on my part, if only 10 were reported upon and there are 28 some total certificates are the 10 the most critical?

Comment

Not meaning to minimize the importance of training, but this hardly explains how these collisions occurred.

Comment

Working...
                                X