Name:	Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1477068

Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

• Donald J. Trump
      ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!
      1:35 PM - 5 Aug 2018

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that taking a donation of value from a foreign Government for election purposes was actually illegal? Son meet bus; get under it.

But this is far worse; wasn't it about "adoption" which Trumpkin Snr admits was the response he dictated - although he claims he only heard of the meeting far later? Too wrapped up in their own lies they cannot get a story straight. Totally falling apart.

Comment

• Well it seems the illicit liaisons with the adult film star and the playboy model (which is much of the same kind of Lady imv) are more or less conceded. Sure Trumpkin is so pious... and sure he never accepted the Ladies of the Night in Moscow that we know were offered to him? The man is a fraudster from start to end. He offensive to any sense of decency a person has. Lock him up!
        Still waiting on that tape you claimed was making the rounds in Poland.

Foreigner from a third world kleptocracy calling for our President to go jail.
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• God willing Mueller has the tape.

No I am not a Muscovite which is a "third world kleptocracy". My country has been at war for four years defending our sovereign land from your Muscovite pals who you seem to idolise so much as a 'useful idiot'. Unless you had not noticed you are at war with our the same enemy or perhaps the KGB should be allowed to interfere in the US democratic process?

Go to Muscovy. See what a great place it is where have opening ceremonies for street lights and 2/3rd of the male population will not live to 65 to collect a pension. Have the courage of your convictions as I did.

Comment

• God willing?

Went from imaginary polish contacts having the tape , to a God willing...

====
            The Ukraine is a more poor, more corrupt version of Russia. Those clowns managed to bet wrong on hilldog (among many other things over the last few decades).

====
            Hillary being too lazy and stupid to visit the rust belt doesn't make us at war with Russia.

Her supporters being unable to realize their message got repudiated, despite the media carrying water for them does not a war with Russia make.

Saying we don't like the Russian government isn't as dramatic as a "war.'
            ====
            Seeing WAB these days makes me want to vote for Trump again.
            Last edited by troung; 07 Aug 18,, 06:24.
            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• Do you deny, contrary to all evidence, that your election process was attacked by Muscovy? Or is that ok for you? The same Muscovite regime that killed my cousin's boyfriend the week before last?

We at least defend our land and people. But you are not willing to go to Muscovy to fight for your beliefs? No, just spout BS? Too comfy? Not willing to go to prison for a like on facebook? Stand up and have the courage of your clear convictions and fight for the Muscovite tyrant and maybe one day you will cross my path. Otherwise you are just hot air. By the way the average life expectancy of a man in Ukraine is 70, in Muscovy 67. Where is third world?

I have every right right to condemn or criticise any politician anywhere - same as you. I criticised Obama and the PiS Government in Poland that I voted for; nor am a great Poroshenko fan. But Trumpkin is a criminal of more than normal nature; he is a traitor on the scale of Yanukovych.

But perhaps you will enlighten me (us) as to why all the lies from Trumpkin? I must admit I have little hope that you will.

So no explanations and no willingness to act on your beliefs. Just graffiti and hot air. May God enlighten you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                My experience in Democratic Party politics might be helpful. We were under strict requirements that any and all contributions — of ANY kind: cash, services, venue provision — could only be directly from US citizens, and no funny business about Jose/Ivan/Ming passing something to Citizen Joe who would then contribute it to US politicians or parties as if it was from Citizen Joe himself.

The band playing at the fund-raiser had to be US citizens, so no contributions “in kind.”

If any of The Trumpet’s mouthpieces want to argue that Opposition Research has no value, I’ll be the guy rolling on the floor laughing my avatar off!
                In other words you were told to obey the The Federal Election Campaign Act. Contribution by a foreign national not a green card holder, to the campaign of an American candidate for any election, state or national, is illegal. In the 90's the Democrat had to return a couple of million as a result of the Chinagate scandal. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../liu052498.htm At the time of the scandal, in the SF bay area there was a US Postal worker who was making $10,000 donations.

Republicans Democrats are the same when it comes to money. That is why the laws are in place.

Comment

• Do you deny, contrary to all evidence, that your election process was attacked by Muscovy? Or is that ok for you?
                  A few cheesy Facebook ads, they didn't block Hillary from bothering to show up to battleground states, nor cause her message to suck. Didn't hack results, bomb polling stations or anything of real substance. This Russian hysteria, hyping up a declining regional power, is an attempt to explain away a loss from a political party and elite who lost their way, and the ability of people to get around the main stream media (which is under attack under guise of a Russian threat).

Hell Ukrainian kleptocrats tired to interfere on behalf of a candidate who lacked stamina and EU globalists opened their mouths as well.

The same Muscovite regime that killed my cousin's boyfriend the week before last?
                  I could honestly care less, whether or not you are making that up.

We at least defend our land and people. But you are not willing to go to Muscovy to fight for your beliefs? No, just spout BS? Too comfy? Not willing to go to prison for a like on facebook? Stand up and have the courage of your clear convictions and fight for the Muscovite tyrant and maybe one day you will cross my path. Otherwise you are just hot air. By the way the average life expectancy of a man in Ukraine is 70, in Muscovy 67. Where is third world?
                  A war waged solely on WAB.

The Russian Federation trembles at snappers' daily whining. The bar tenders at the TGIF at Moscow's international airport fear your reputation.

Internet larping.

I have every right right to condemn or criticise any politician anywhere - same as you. I criticised Obama and the PiS Government in Poland that I voted for; nor am a great Poroshenko fan. But Trumpkin is a criminal of more than normal nature; he is a traitor on the scale of Yanukovych.
                  Whined about Obama because he, like the vast majority of Americans, wasn't going to back the Ukraine to the hilt.

In the end its whining from a voter on behalf a nation which doesn't matter. Keep whining, Trump will keep MAGAing it up.

==========
                  Checking through WAB reassures me that 2016 was the best result for America.
                  Last edited by troung; 08 Aug 18,, 07:56.

Comment

• Donald Trump Jr.’s Potential Legal Troubles, Explained

By Charile Savage, The New York Times August 6, 2018

“A provision of the Federal Election Campaign Act, Section 30121 of Title 52, broadly outlaws donations or other contributions of a “thing of value” by any foreigner in connection with an American election — or even an express or implied promise to take such action, directly or indirectly.

Depending on how a grand jury interprets the facts the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has gathered about the two Trump Tower meetings, it could find that the foreigners violated that law — and that Donald Trump Jr. conspired in that offense.

Another provision of the same statute makes it illegal for an American to solicit a foreigner for such illicit campaign help — again, even indirectly. If a grand jury were to interpret the evidence about Donald Trump Jr.’s words and actions as a solicitation, he could also be vulnerable to direct charges under that law, experts said.

Notably, the statute can be violated even if the promised or requested help is never provided.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/06/u...stigation.html

52 U.S. Code § 30121 - Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition It shall be unlawful for—
                    (1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
                    (A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
                    (B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
                    (C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
                    (2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

• You can tell that Trump is getting really frightened when he starts pulling out that "Even IF!" line of bullshit.

"I didn't collude and even IF I did, collusion isn't a crime! Besides, it was my son there, not me"

Classic criminal behavior.

What truly amuses me is that the naysayers apparently want a video of Trump personally handing Putin a suitcase full of cash in exchange for <fill in the blank>

Anything less is perfectly reasonable and fine to them.
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                        You can tell that Trump is getting really frightened when he starts pulling out that "Even IF!" line of bullshit.

"I didn't collude and even IF I did, collusion isn't a crime! Besides, it was my son there, not me"

Classic criminal behavior.

What truly amuses me is that the naysayers apparently want a video of Trump personally handing Putin a suitcase full of cash in exchange for <fill in the blank>

Anything less is perfectly reasonable and fine to them.
                        Just one correction TH, if there was footage of Trump handing Putin a suitcase of money they would be fine with that too. Between the ones who can excuse anything Trump does, the ones who actually like/admire Putin & the ones who hate the Dems more than any external threat, his popularity would maybe drop 5 points.

You are so far through the looking glass here that there isn't a single standard that still applies. Short of murdering a child at a White House press conference Trump has a near immovable bloc of support. The only question is whether or not he can pull enough people from outside the fanatics to get re-elected.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                          You are so far through the looking glass here that there isn't a single standard that still applies. Short of murdering a child at a White House press conference Trump has a near immovable bloc of support. The only question is whether or not he can pull enough people from outside the fanatics to get re-elected.
                          The question is, how far down this particular rabbit hole is the formerly honorable GOP willing to go?
                          So far, the answer is "a hell of a long ways," but every so often some of the few remaining adults make noises that might be interpreted as reasonably sane.
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                            The question is, how far down this particular rabbit hole is the formerly honorable GOP willing to go?
                            So far, the answer is "a hell of a long ways," but every so often some of the few remaining adults make noises that might be interpreted as reasonably sane.
                            How 'formerly' are you talking DOR? Pre-Obama I assume. The 'honour' was decreasingly evident during his Presidency. A segment of the GOP was a fair way down the hole when Trump arrived. Its near total spinelessness in the face of a phenomenon it has been stoking for years has been less surprising than I expected.

They will do nothing as long as it looks like their base supports Trump. Maybe if they get crushed in the mid-terms....but even then.....
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• They will do nothing as long as it looks like their base supports Trump. Maybe if they get crushed in the mid-terms....but even then.....
                              nope, midterms won't do it. Obama was crushed in the midterms but came back strong for the Presidential elections, and the GOP is more partisan than the Dems to begin with.

the midterms will essentially snipe off the representatives who are in purple and even mildly-red districts, leaving the True Believers still in Congress.

Trump is pretty much the most popular person in the GOP since, oh, the Reagan era. it will take a Depression-level event to shake that. the funny thing is that i recall some years ago JAD and I were talking about the pendulum of political ideology. he thought that we were on the pendulum towards conservatism. turns out even the -Republicans- aren't on that pendulum, lol.
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                                the funny thing is that i recall some years ago JAD and I were talking about the pendulum of political ideology. he thought that we were on the pendulum towards conservatism. turns out even the -Republicans- aren't on that pendulum, lol.
                                My earlier thoughts:
                                Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                                Politics and elections are just a pendulum to me anyways, and while right now that pendulum is swinging to and fro on every axis like a tire swing in a playground, it'll go back to being a pendulum again.
                                I could be entirely wrong that political shifts will return to a pendulum-like nature, and it may be that the pendulum no longer exists and will remain a playground tire swing for the foreseeable future.

Other pendulums around the world are getting replaced with tire swings this last year. Italy comes prominently to mind.
                                Last edited by Ironduke; 09 Aug 18,, 19:10.
                                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                                X