Russian Carrier Kuznetsov 2016 Deployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snapper View Post
    A good symbol for Muscovy under Putin in general; grubby, polluting, big and bellicose though lacking any great power and probably needs scrapping as it's beyond repair.
    Of all people, you should know, that Kuznetsov is being fueled by gays and opposition leaders burned alive in this hideous war machine!

Jokes aside, plumes of black smoke coming from Kuznetsov indicates Putin is yet to decide who will become next US president...
    Winter is coming.

Comment

I thought it would be bigger.
      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
      -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
        I thought it would be bigger.
        What, the Kuznetsov or the smoke plume? :-)
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by nus View Post
          of all people, you should know, that kuznetsov is being fueled by gays and opposition leaders burned alive in this hideous war machine!

Jokes aside, plumes of black smoke coming from kuznetsov indicates putin is yet to decide who will become next us president...
          roflmao

Comment

Excellent article by the USNI on the Kuznetsov's deployment:

Analysis: Russian Carrier Deployment to Syria is Propaganda, not Practical
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I was a little surprised to read the following....

'The ship has a Granit anti-ship missile system equipped with 12 surface-to-surface missile launchers. The Granit missile (Nato codename SS-N-19 Shipwreck) is reported to have a range greater than 400km and is capable of carrying either a nuclear or conventional warhead'

and...

'The Klinok air defence missile system, with 24 vertical launchers and 192 missiles, defends the ship against anti-ship missiles, aircraft and surface ships.

The system has a multichannel electronically steered phased array radar and can achieve a firing rate of one missile every three seconds. Four targets can be engaged simultaneously in a 60°×60° sector. The range of the system is 12km to 15km'

apparently its unknown if it still carries the Granites.... but 192 air defense missiles.... that's a bit more than a handful.... (firing rate and a low simultaneous multiple engagement ability seems pretty limiting and all... still, the sheer number is impressive...)

Comment

Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
                The range of the system is 12km to 15km'[/I]

apparently its unknown if it still carries the Granites.... but 192 air defense missiles.... that's a bit more than a handful.... (firing rate and a low simultaneous multiple engagement ability seems pretty limiting and all... still, the sheer number is impressive...)
                The range seems awfully short for anything besides a CIWS role aboard ship. It weighs 300lbs planting it between the RIM-116 and ESSM in size.

I guess instead of the layered defense approach, the Russians prefer to just carry a bunch of the one type of missile. In order for that to be effective, surely they would need to be capable of launching and controlling huge waves simultaneously to counter massed anti-ship missile salvoes though?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
                  The range seems awfully short for anything besides a CIWS role aboard ship. It weighs 300lbs planting it between the RIM-116 and ESSM in size.

I guess instead of the layered defense approach, the Russians prefer to just carry a bunch of the one type of missile. In order for that to be effective, surely they would need to be capable of launching and controlling huge waves simultaneously to counter massed anti-ship missile salvoes though?
                  yes, you'd think.

4 at a time seems like a big waste of that volume, as well as only being able to fire 1 every three seconds.

Comment

I just read in this morning's paper that Spain is refusing to allow the Russian ships to dock there for refueling and "minor" repairs.
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Sky News video of the ship transiting Straights of Dover
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                        I just read in this morning's paper that Spain is refusing to allow the Russian ships to dock there for refueling and "minor" repairs.
                        Yea was due to dock in the Spanish bit of N. Africa. The Maltese have also said "no thanks" I heard - they refueled in Malta in 2013.

Comment

Travel officer ....

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                          Yea was due to dock in the Spanish bit of N. Africa. The Maltese have also said "no thanks" I heard - they refueled in Malta in 2013.
                          Perhaps I'm overreaching in the thought process .... but when you travel ( i.e. take the fleet to sea...) isn't there a travel officer who arranges such things... ????
                          What a delusional event this must be for the task force commander of the Russian carrier group...

Comment

Originally posted by blidgepump View Post
                            Perhaps I'm overreaching in the thought process .... but when you travel ( i.e. take the fleet to sea...) isn't there a travel officer who arranges such things... ????
                            What a delusional event this must be for the task force commander of the Russian carrier group...
                            I think at this level, you're talking about the Russian Foreign Ministry. That's some serious diplomatic s--t right there, a CVBG* refueling and resupplying on the way to a warzone.

*Or, Environmental Disaster Waiting To Happen, take your pick

Comment

"Oddball and those negative vibes...."

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              I think at this level, you're talking about the Russian Foreign Ministry. That's some serious diplomatic s--t right there, a CVBG* refueling and resupplying on the way to a warzone.

*Or, Environmental Disaster Waiting To Happen, take your pick
                              I'm sensing negative vibes..... very negative !!!!

Comment

On Twitter I saw a photo similar to this and saying it was heading out for refueling the Kuznetsov...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coal-barge-colombia.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1469619

Tee Hee
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X