Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anil View Post
    bf,

somehow you assume that india does not understand counter-balance and you feel appropriate to respond by trolling my comments and negate it as "my" worldview.
    All I assume is that I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. I am clearly not the only one. That is not 'trolling', it is a result of your inability or unwillingness to explain your statements and your penchant for wandering off on tangents. I remain no wiser on the issue of 'checking India' or why the US wants to see it weakened. Again, I'm not alone here.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      All I assume is that I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.
      I can see that

I am clearly not the only one.
      Who? Your internet buddies?

That is not 'trolling', it is a result of your inability or unwillingness to explain your statements and your penchant for wandering off on tangents.
      Off course, off the tangent!! :)

Like the time when a USS enterprise showed up near the indian coast... for a war between india-pakistan? haha that's really off fuckin tangent go tell the yanks they were "off the tangent" lol

I remain no wiser on the issue of 'checking India' or why the US wants to see it weakened. Again, I'm not alone here.
      You should put that question to the US politicians. Her pointless obsession with russia has compelled her to divide the world into two stupid camps(with us or against us BS) that has no real purpose for humanity other than to satisfy a power hungry adolescent civilization(if it even qualifies to be called that) because of her paranoia driven primarily by the nature of her existence.
      Last edited by anil; 25 Nov 15,, 12:09.

Comment

Anil,

India is not an ally of the US. We currently don't bring anything worthwhile to the table for being that, nor does the US feels any compulsion to kick and drag India to its camp. This being said .... US India relationships are naturally going to be shaped in a manner, that military dealings will eventually become a compulsion. Russia and Indian friendship has been very good and dandy, but the relevant time has long passed by. Also the Russians and us too, don'tn have a very good people to people interaction and mutual respect for that matter.
        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

I can see that
          Yet you do nothing to explain yourself

Off course, off the tangent!! :)

Like the time when a USS enterprise showed up near the indian coast... for a war between india-pakistan? haha that's really off fuckin tangent go tell the yanks they were "off the tangent" lol
          So now you want to talk about nineteen seventy fucking one. Really? Were you even born then? The US didn't attack you and you won the war. Have a fucking whinge. if your nation is still making judgements based on that then you are more royally fucked than anything my darkest imagination can bring forth.

Vietnam is hosting US ships & pushing for closer ties after millions dead and you are bitching about a fucking carrier group 44 years ago.

You should put that question to the US politicians. Her pointless obsession with russia has compelled her to divide the world into two stupid camps(with us or against us BS) that has no real purpose for humanity other than to satisfy a power hungry adolescent civilization(if it even qualifies to be called that) because of her paranoia driven primarily by the nature of her existence.
          Looks like I judged you correctly early on. All tip, no iceberg. You really don't have a clue. I'll keep it in mind before I waste any more of my time.

Oh, and that 'adolescent civilization' has achieved basic, fundamental things for its people that your ancient one will still be waiting for when we are all dead. Civilizations exist only in the present, everything else is nice relics, impressive buildings, interesting stories & bullshit. To borrow a quote from a famous American philosopher "what have you done for me lately?".
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

The year is irrelevant. Whether the cold war has ended or not is irrelevant. The fact is the US-russian rivalry is still continuing. The other imp fact is the US still plays its counter-balance bullshit is the middle-east, south asia, SE-asia and every fucking place it thinks is important to secure its existence. So you can stop pointing me out the year and how old that is in history.

wrt counter-balance, you think we don't understand where pakistan gets its manhood from? You think we don't understand that china provokes us at the LOC because it understands that our relationship with the US is chequered?

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            if your nation is still making judgements based on that then you are more royally fucked than anything my darkest imagination can bring forth.
            take your threats and shove it

im done
            Last edited by anil; 25 Nov 15,, 15:39.

Comment

Where does Russia come into this thread? Does nobody wants to learn or move on? Nobody ever thinks of indulging Sir OOE and learn from his experiences? What a waste.
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

The year is irrelevant. Whether the cold war has ended or not is irrelevant. The fact is the US-russian rivalry is still continuing. The other imp fact is the US still plays its counter-balance bullshit is the middle-east, south asia, SE-asia and every fucking place it thinks is important to secure its existence. So you can stop pointing me out the year and how old that is in history.

wrt counter-balance, you think we don't understand where pakistan gets its manhood from? You think we don't understand that china provokes us at the LOC because it understands that our relationship with the US is chequered?

im done
                Why do you do this in every thread? Every thread you jump into gets hijacked.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                  Anil,

India is not an ally of the US. We currently don't bring anything worthwhile to the table for being that, nor does the US feels any compulsion to kick and drag India to its camp. This being said .... US India relationships are naturally going to be shaped in a manner, that military dealings will eventually become a compulsion. Russia and Indian friendship has been very good and dandy, but the relevant time has long passed by. Also the Russians and us too, don'tn have a very good people to people interaction and mutual respect for that matter.
                  Like Colonel.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                    Anil,

Col DCL,

I would like to add a point to this:

US and India may not be technically allies, but there is a huger amount of people to people and B2B contact as well as sharing of cultural content. In the long term that is a stronger alliance than a government to government treaty. India and Russia does not have that people to people contact, its more of a transactional relationship now (even counting the occasional pats-in-the-back at the UNSC)
                    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

im done
                      Where was the threat in that statement?
                      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                        Col DCL,

I would like to add a point to this:

US and India may not be technically allies, but there is a huger amount of people to people and B2B contact as well as sharing of cultural content. In the long term that is a stronger alliance than a government to government treaty. India and Russia does not have that people to people contact, its more of a transactional relationship now (even counting the occasional pats-in-the-back at the UNSC)
                        England and Ireland.
                        Chimo

Comment

Side-note:
                          The substantial business contact with India does not seem to engender positive feelings. Speaking as an accountant, who deals with India rather extensively (daily/hourly).

However, that's partly on the US side, because the US business culture is obnoxiously terrible in a lot of respects that we do not normally recognize. Unfortunately a lot of Americans do not have enough introspection to say "what are we doing wrong?"

On-topic:
                          Geopolitics are rarely straight-forward. The US has aligned interests with nations on some issues, and divergent interests on other issues. If your concern is that we arm Pakistan, that's fair, but keep in mind that the US also arms Egypt, a frenemy of Israel, and provided AWACS to Saudi Arabia above Israeli objections.

Expecting total alignment means disappointment. Unfortunately, because of the way geopolitics works out, more to your detriment than America's.
                          "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            Doesn't help when they don't have the instructors who knows how to fight a 6 month submarine campaign and their subs spend more time in dock than they do out at sea.
                            They're expanding their submarine force. I assume they'll be doing whatever they can to remedy the crew inadequacies you speak of too. Otherwise it makes no sense to invest so much in their submarines, especially if they eventually want to go toe-to-toe with the USN if need be.

They have the capability. Only question is if it can actually work. The Indian navy is critically short of submarines. But it does have decent ASW assets which can make life difficult for the Chinese.

Captain Lemontree, you are right that the naval engagement would be a sideshow to the battle in the Himalayas, but if they can actually blockade all our ports successfully and we start running low on supplies, that sideshow will become much more of a problem for us than fighting on the land border.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                              They're expanding their submarine force. I assume they'll be doing whatever they can to remedy the crew inadequacies you speak of too. Otherwise it makes no sense to invest so much in their submarines, especially if they eventually want to go toe-to-toe with the USN if need be.
                              You're missing the main point of Chinese military doctrine and that is to deter. Deterrence, not warfighting, is their main goal.

They DO NOT want to go toe-to-toe with the USN. They just want to deter the USN from being determined to do so.
                              Chimo

Comment

How do you judge the overall state and direction of Chinese-Indian relations? The Think Tank seems to be stretching hard to suggest a chance of actual conflict, and the most they suggest is "well, if multiple things all go wrong at once, yeah, they might start shooting each other."

I cannot imagine either infringing on the waters of the other and I cannot imagine any naval dispute between the two will not have the US as the big dog anyways.

Apparently both sides are scaling up their Himalayan operations, but I still cannot imagine that becoming a major issue.

If I were China, my major concern would be Indian WMDs, particularly the nuclear and missile programs, and that would be a long-term concern and much less pressing than anything in the South China Sea.

How far off am I?
                                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Working...
                                X