Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Entire Nagaland declared 'disturbed' for six more months under AFSPA

Very good. Talked with a guy some days back, who runs a small business in Dimapur. He said goonda tax is still applicable. Goonda tax in Nagaland = terrorists collecting tax + local youths/groups collecting safety money. A-holes.
    The decision to continue the declaration of Nagaland as "disturbed area" has been taken as killings, loot and extortion have been going on in various parts of the state which necessitated the action for the convenience of the security forces operating there, an MHA official said.
    What about the main Naga cause ? seems like it has been forgotten. Now its just gangs.

Nagaland organisations concerned over PIL on inner line permit

Some of these people are so communal. When in Delhi and other cities, they complain that people pass comments at them and what not. In their state, they don't even let other Indians buy land, or visit without an inner line permit. I don't know, why are we seriously continuing with this shitty colonial rule. It benefits no one. This should be scrapped in all NE states. No one should feel entitled to own a state.
    See, this would be my view and i have expressed it you a while back but since you are from the region i figured you might think differently. What next ? get rid of 371

Tripura is about 20% Bengali, mostly business & trading classes. There is no trouble in that state. The places where they want it to be exclusive end up with little development. Extortion, drugs & protection rackets.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Jul 19,, 11:58.

Comment

Women are bringing solar energy to thousands of Indian villages

This is the real story about electricity in India. Some months back I went to a village, about 40 Kms away. The road is in a very pathetic shape. It took 3 hours of back breaking ride to reach that village. 3 hours for a 40 Km ride. It has no electricity, I saw poles being erected. Locals told me, the electricity guys told them, when they get electricity it would be only for 6 hours a day. Such is the state of affairs.
      the government considers a village electrified if just 10% of its houses are on the grid, meaning over 200 million people still don't have access to electricity.
      So now every village has a power line coming in. But there isn't power in that line for a good part of the day.

Solar is fine if you don't use batteries, the lead acid type. So at night you need these emergency lamps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        What about the main Naga cause ? seems like it has been forgotten. Now its just gangs.
        You are interpreting it incorrectly. Naga cause was dictated from Beijing. Chinese intelligence at most are supporting these terrorist groups with arms and money now. Nothing more. We all have fled persecution from rival tribes, from Hills in the Myanmar-China belt, and settled in Hills of NE India. It was always someone else's (China) objective to keep the pot boiling with locals.

See, this would be my view and i have expressed it you a while back but since you are from the region i figured you might think differently. What next ? get rid of 371
        I own property in Bangalore, so why can't you or anyone else buy a flat or land in Assam or other NE states? Isn't this discrimination?

I have not read any of your views that says otherwise, when/where did you post? Doesn't matter where I am from. If you believe in a cause, you should put your opinions on the table, and never step back from a good debate. My views might be different, but it in no way is bigger than the sovereignty of the Nation state. Most of what I say and believe comes from years of reading and local experience of the NE, it makes me look like pro-war and an extremist, I know that, but I am not. Have you ever seen me giving a fcuk? I call out all regional chauvinists.

Yes, abolish 371. I have said it numerous times on this board. These articles in our constitution breeds corruption, incompetence and divisiveness. Even after 70+ years, if these states are backward, they have only their local leaders to blame. What, at max would happen? Rioting? Put 100 companies of the CRPF and 50 companies of the Assam Rifles there, and see how those same people piss their pants.

Tripura is about 20% Bengali, mostly business & trading classes. There is no trouble in that state.
        There was earlier.

The places where they want it to be exclusive end up with little development. Extortion, drugs & protection rackets.
        You're getting the vibes now.
        Last edited by Oracle; 04 Jul 19,, 10:20.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

So now every village has a power line coming in. But there isn't power in that line for a good part of the day.

Solar is fine if you don't use batteries, the lead acid type. So at night you need these emergency lamps.
          If we have to use solar, which is a good option considering the amount of sunlight we receive, why build those electricity lines then? The government can transfer cash directly into our accounts. I think, and to an extent I believe, all infrastructure activities should be under the central government. This way, we can have a unified electricity distribution across all Indian states, uniform road infrastructure etc. State to state activity is just corruption.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Mission 2024? RSS Muslim wing opens units across Telangana

I thought MRM was dead. Good to know the BJP government wants to increase muslim participation. I remember what Ramachandra Guha said in 2014 after BJP was elected with a thumping majority - 'next 20 years, BJP will rule', not as in word to word, but as in meaning. Should take all along.

The spectacular fall of India's 'dosa king'

I used to order food from Saravana Bhavan, paya and rumali roti is awesome. What's interesting is this guy had so much money, he could have screwed any model, yet. Reminds me of the case of Shiney Ahuja, he's very good looking, but he had to rape his maid. Though, incase of Ahuja, I think he screwed his maid with consent, but was falsely accused of rape. Maid must have been hot. This is how poor women get rich, screwing rich people. Remember Dominique Strauss-Kahn who was in contention to become the IMF chief, and then he was arrested for raping hotel maid Nafissatou Diallo in a Sofitel hotel in NY. The maid got rich, and Christine got the position of IMF chief.

Lesson: If you're doing well in your life, control your desires. Else get married.

PM Narendra Modi’s rebuke stuns MP BJP unit into silence, netas expect action

This is the entitlement I talk about all the time. This A-hole should have been in jail by now.

View: Modi-Trump meet at Osaka G20 provides a road map to moving Indo-US relations forward: David Sloan
            Last edited by Oracle; 03 Jul 19,, 14:19.

Comment

PM Narendra Modi’s rebuke stuns MP BJP unit into silence, netas expect action

This is the entitlement I talk about all the time. This A-hole should have been in jail by now.
              It's good Modi has spoken up about it but is anything going to happen ? this is the question

Kids of pols act like dons. I remember an incident some years back where this guy and his friends just trashed a restaurant because they were refused service for showing up late. The father said boys will be boys and nothing more happened. I suppose some compensation must have been given behind the scenes, its not like these people cannot afford it.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Jul 19,, 16:19.

Comment

• There seems to be a positive buzz around Pompeo's visit & Trump's G20 meeting. I don't know why as zero announcements on sticking points has been made but there is one thing i'm sure of

India’s biggest challenge will be actually closing a deal. New Delhi’s negotiators are famously tough but also famously inflexible. Their incentive to reach compromises should be boosted by Modi’s strong personal commitment to deeper and wider ties with Washington.

The understanding in New Delhi is that the Prime Minister’s new team has both the responsibility and authority to break from India’s traditional go-slow negotiating mould and ink a deal. This places a considerable burden on India’s point negotiator, newly-installed external affairs minister S Jaishankar, a former Indian ambassador to the United States who has unique insights and a wide network of contacts about and in Washington.
                Whatever deal materialises is going to get slammed by the opposition

Comment

It's good Modi has spoken up about it but is anything going to happen ? this is the question

Kids of pols act like dons. I remember an incident some years back where this guy and his friends just trashed a restaurant because they were refused service for showing up late. The father said boys will be boys and nothing more happened. I suppose some compensation must have been given behind the scenes, its not like these people cannot afford it.
                  Happened in Bangalore right? See, unless Police has autonomy, India's policing won't improve. Every moron who thinks they are entitled should be jailed for a minimum of 10 years.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 04 Jul 19,, 10:21.

Comment

There seems to be a positive buzz around Pompeo's visit & Trump's G20 meeting. I don't know why as zero announcements on sticking points has been made but there is one thing i'm sure of

Whatever deal materialises is going to get slammed by the opposition
                    In DE's words, India is given an S-400 exemption, India buys American jets and cuts off crude trade from Iran? Am I reading your mind correctly?

Comment

• Two girls exchange garlands, apply vermilion at Varanasi temple

Congratulations. India is changing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.54.09.png
Views:	1
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	1478198

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.54.25.png
Views:	1
Size:	873.0 KB
ID:	1478199

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.54.34.png
Views:	2
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	1478200

Comment

• 'Few have the courage that you do': Priyanka Gandhi on Rahul's resignation

Yeah, lol. Entire Gandhi family should take sanyas.

Comment

In DE's words, India is given an S-400 exemption, India buys American jets and cuts off crude trade from Iran? Am I reading your mind correctly?
                          Media's speculation. We need to see what happens.

Nothing has, as of yet, just smiles and polite chats.

Why is Ivanka calling us a "critical ally" ? and this is in addition to "critical trading partner" & "critical security partner".

Lots of critical in there. Wooooo...Productive meeting she beams.

Is this an upgrade from Vajpayee's "natural ally" of twenty years back

Is it in anticipation of something we have to do or have agreed to do already.

Many questions, very few answers for now.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Jul 19,, 14:00.

Comment

• ^ F-21s.

Comment

'Few have the courage that you do': Priyanka Gandhi on Rahul's resignation

Yeah, lol. Entire Gandhi family should take sanyas.
                              When will Priyanka step in. This place works on brands. Gandhis are one, Modi is another. Take them away and the party starts flailing.

Comment

^ F-21s.
                                This is what Bharat said earlier.

In his latest he says this...

in the wake of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s visit, foreign minister Jaishankar made public the fact that he stood his ground on the purchase of the Russian S-400 Air Defence system on the basis of “national interest”.

This last came as great relief considering every right thinking person in Delhi is on tenterhooks every time he sits down to negotiate anything with the Americans — his tell-tale record of giveaways to Washington being too obvious to ignore.

But then one recalls the Modi government’s announcement a fortnight before Pompeo’s trip of a buy of 10 additional P-8I armed maritime reconnaissance aircraft worth $3 billion to augment an existing fleet of 12 such aircraft already in Indian Navy service, and the unavoidable conclusion is that this purchase was a pre-concession made to the US to prevent Pompeo raising a stink over the S-400 and Iran.

So, how is the national interest served when the Modi-Jaishankar duo merely bought peace in the short term and forked out $3 billion for the privilege?
                                P-8I's are good to have. Japan has ninety of them. We have just 22.

Question is whether the Americans will ask for more before we get S-400 : )
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Jul 19,, 17:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X