Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The daily hate: Corbyn, trump and the new politics of spite by maajid nawaz

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...in-common.html

Peddling hate makes for popular politicians and being angry is the new “being cool.” Across the Western Hemisphere a new type of leader is emerging whose rise to power has been as unpredictable as it has been swift. And the one thing these new leaders and their supporters have in common is not their politics, but their utter disdain for their political opponents and the entire “establishment.” And yes, I could be talking about Donald Trump in America, or the far-left rise of Jeremy Corbyn in the U.K. But I could just as easily be referring to the longer-term rise of Western Islamism, or far-right anti-Muslim street movements such as Germany’s Pegida and others across Europe. And whether we consider expanding campus coalitions to Boycott, Divest and Sanction (BDS) Israel, or the intransigence of extremist Israeli settlers, what many of these movements’ followers share is the desire not just to disagree with their opponents, but to delegitimize, dehumanize, and ostracize those with whom they disagree.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Very well said.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Oh, one of those who refers to anything anyone else has to say which is valid in opposition is a hater.

very weak and a red flag that a moderator posts it. Lets see if you cetegorize me as a hater

Thanks to a majority of bias within these two parties, I myself have been banned off of every Canadian website in Canada.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Logical_743613_5615316.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1467599
      Last edited by TopHatter; 14 Sep 15,, 20:40. Reason: Edited for Lunacy

Comment

Originally posted by David Jeffrey S View Post
        Oh, one of those who refers to anything anyone else has to say which is valid in opposition is a hater.

very weak and a red flag that a moderator posts it. Lets see if you cetegorize me as a hater

Thanks to a majority of bias within these two parties, I myself have been banned off of every Canadian website in Canada.
        And for a good reason....
        Last edited by TopHatter; 14 Sep 15,, 20:34.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Well let's see......

Originally posted by David Jeffrey S View Post

Well let's see. Having read your five posts (four really because two of them are cut and pastes across two threads) I glean you hate Jews, Muslims, Arabs, gays, generic religious types but especially gays after apparently after having sex with someone you didn't know was a transvestite. Plus of course you're Canadian. So I guess, your wish is my command.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I missed it again, eh?

My whole life is in a wrong time-zone.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              I missed it again, eh?

My whole life is in a wrong time-zone.
              You didn't miss a whole lot.

Actually you did. The guy was a loon. He blamed jews, muslims, Christians, foreigners, all other religions, and everyone who didn't agree with him for all the problems in the world. And ended each post with a message of peace and love.

He was a sight to behold.

I rather enjoyed reading his rants. Made me feel....normal, by comparison.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

This thread fits him perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X