Happy b/day Albany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2 View Post
    I'm convinced I begin dying the day I stop working.

My sensibilities have become so uber-warped. Sucked into the delusion that productivity is the ultimate measure of worth.

Totally sick and can't be shaken…but, there it is.

Take heart, Steve, and all you old guys out there. Best part of an interview with Clint Eastwood. "NEVER LET THE OLD MAN IN." http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...cott-eastwood/

ESQ: How do you stay vital? You're eighty-six but still making great work.

CE: Yeah, you're as young as you feel. As young as you want to be. There's an old saying I heard from a friend of mine. People ask him, "Why do you look so good at your age?" He'll say, "Because I never let the old man in." And there's truth to that. It's in your mind, how far you let him come in.

"I couldn't be more proud of him. I couldn't be more inspired by the films he makes."—Scott Eastwood

ESQ: Have you ever let the old man in?

CE: No.

ESQ: Never?

CE: No. He ain't out there.

ESQ: You don't even hear him in the middle of the night, knocking on the door?

CE: Once in a while, you get up and you've got a crick in your back and you go, [moans]. But you shake it away and you walk it off.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

JAD,

As with much here at WAB, I'll follow your lead. Sage and valued advice seems one of your many attributes.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Buck,

"Dude, there are some days I celebrate the fact my truck goes into gear with no problem!!!"

For you to even be trying means that you've already gotten yourself into gear. That's the important thingy. NEVER LET THE OLD MAN IN.
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
        X