War in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War in Europe?

What a crazy world. Russia looks like it wants to flex its muscles after failures to win its last major confrontation and deliver real political and economic reform. Her autocratic ruler looks increaingly out of touch with reality. Austria has delivered an ultimatum to the Serbian Ambassador. Serbia is expected to make an appeal for Russian support. Which given the Russian autocats nature could provoke other countries. What will France, Germany, Italy, the UK and the other Western powers do? Rumors say there are a lot of military officers scurrying to and fro in Brussels Belgium. Will Istanbul sit it out, or jump in and on whose side? Pressing questions that history will spin on.

Will the US see the importance of Europe or stay focused on the Mexican border and the troubles there? In Asia, China and Japan look ready to come to blows again. In the middle East it seems like the Arabs are ready for a mass uprising....

It could be a global war within days!
    Last edited by zraver; 23 Jul 14,, 23:43.

If that were the case the MoD would not be dragging it's feet with my army reserve application.

Comment

Well, Austria sure as hell ain't getting a blank check this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
        What a crazy world. Russia looks like it wants to flex its muscles after failures to win its last major confrontation and deliver real political and economic reform. Her autocratic ruler looks increaingly out of touch with reality. Austria has delivered an ultimatum to the Serbian Ambassador. Serbia is expected to make an appeal for Russian support. Which given the Russian autocats nature could provoke other countries. What will France, Germany, Italy, the UK and the other Western powers do? Rumors say there are a lot of military officers scurrying to and fro in Brussels Belgium. Will Istanbul sit it out, or jump in and on whose side? Pressing questions that history will spin on.

Will the US see the importance of Europe or stay focused on the Mexican border and the troubles there? In Asia, China and Japan look ready to come to blows again. In the middle East it seems like the Arabs are ready for a mass uprising....

It could be a global war within days!
        I haven't heard of any ultimatum here, however there was one yesterday, demanding from us to impose sanctions to Russia till September. Considering that our coal reserves are under water from cyclone, imposing sanctions to Russia when they are the only supplier of energy, gas and bunker oil, would be suicide. This whole ordeal is getting seriously insane by my opinion.

Comment

History doesn't repeat yet it rhymes
          (literary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEUZ4rFiac

Comment

Since the security for the energy corridor must be established, the way how this will play out goes something like this.
            First the Great Albania will be formed, recent rioting in Macedonia and the messages that were sent form those events, indicate that the unification of the Albanians will start next year. How it will be done is the big question. If it goes "peacefully" it would mean that the Macedonia will be federalized and than the Albanian part of it will vote for unification with other parts (namely Kosovo). However, since their vision goes beyond that, as it incorporates parts of Serbia,Montenegro and Greece that might cause a problem. Lately it is noticed that the Albanian allegiance has been shifting from Germany, UK and US towards radical Islam and the Caliphate that is forming in the Middle East, so since both energy alternatives are coming from that region, they all pass trough Turkey, it is safe to assume that the Turkey will come back again to the Balkans but this time under the cloak of insurance factor that will guarantee the creation of Great Albania and its joining with Bosnia, trough Sanjak region,which will create a route for the pipeline. There has been an significant pressure form the West, from Germany and US on us to change our constitution that will allow further dismemberment of territory, as it vows for increased autonomy for Vojvodina province and erasing the preamble that states that Kosovo is still a part of Serbia. Once that is done and our constitution is changed, Vojvodina and Sanjak will use that right to break off from Serbia. This will that set in motion the Bulgarian aspiration towards creation of Great Bulgaria, and they will demand parts of our territory as well. When this is completed, the Great Bulgaria and Great Albania will meet, allowing the corridor to be formed as the both Bulgaria and Albania are terminals for the gas pipeline. Vojvodina will be split between Croatia and Hungary but in essence it will be under German dominion. I don' know what Romanian aspirations are, as they are the only country whit whom we had a history of good relations and we never went in war with.
            So basically we are looking at the return of Ottoman Empire where everything west from the river Drina and Danube will belong to the Western hemisphere and everything to the east will belong to Caliphate. Arabs are buying our land already, Albanians too under the cloak of free market and investment fables, wrapped in the positivist progressiveness that exist only in the statistical wonder land.

So there will be no war, but Serbia will cease to exist and Russia will not help.

Comment

July 25, it appears that yes, the Serbs appealed to Russia whose autocrat ruler told Austria to back off.

Comment

Pfff.... you think Europe has troubles, why over here I can't even find a decent tradesmen to install my new in ground hot tub! The stress is unbelievable.
                If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

I think most of us would now consider the 'Balkans settlement' as it currently stands a mistake. I for one have no hesitation in stating my view. A 'Greater Albania' and re-Islamifaction of the Balkans must not be permitted.

Comment

Greater Bulgaria missed its chance.

Comment

Ah, what goes around comes around,Kato, they will get a new very soon. Rubicon has been crossed, so I bid you farewell,WAB. It has been a pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W7QishLaWo

Comment

a sad day for the WAB community.

Comment

No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

July 25, Austria has severed relations with Serbia. The UK Prime Minister is trying to organize an international conference to try and settle things down, but is dismayed at the tone and nature of Austria's Ultimatum. Reporting for The Daily Telegraph in Veinna, Dr E. J. Dillon on page 11 writes that “my personal belief is that war will be avoided”, but all the evidence he has from the country points to the opposite conclusion. For the first time... you get a real sense that Europe could well be plunged into war as a consequence.

Comment

Most of the major players have agreed to attend the conference being organized by the British Prime Minister, but not Germany. If Germany as the traditional leader of Central Europe doesn't attend, then the whole summit is pointless.

Comment

Working...
                              X