• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chakos View Post
    Tophatter,

Why pay up? My prediction was accurate.
    Spoilsport
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      Baby Whale Loving attitude....
      I was with you until this point. You do know it's a full time job cleaning the shit from a baby whale.
      Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        I was with you until this point. You do know it's a full time job cleaning the shit from a baby whale.
        Well sir, its a tough job but someone's got to do it.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
          I am always amazed at the number of people who are so adamantly opposed to anyone who isn't a member of their pet ideology. There are plenty of people even here on the WAB who I disagree with, sometimes even vehemently. Yet that doesn't make them bad people who want an abusive state to destroy the country.

I might think the person I disagree with is missing the point, misguided, or just an idiot. But on more than one occasion I have had my views challenged in such a way as to force me to reconsider them and ultimately change my thinking.

One of the things I like most about the WAB is the diversity of viewpoints and the number of people willing to back up their views with rational explanations and debate.

Yet once you have to resort to ultimatums and attacks against the other party, that is usually a pretty good indication that your ideas and reasoning can't stand on their own merits. Opening with these tactics is a pretty sure sign that you don't intend to offer anything meaningful to the discussion.

/end rant
          Not applicable to this board or you, but talk is pretty cheap. I've heard stuff like this for going on 20 years now, and usually that's coming from a so-called "moderate" who really toes a party line on virtually every issue.

I prefer the honest ideologues, who don't even pretend to listen to my opinions. Also party-affiliated ideologues tend to have at least superficial knowledge of current issues. "independent" ideloegous are just sarcastic cynics that make Holden Caulfield seem bubbly.
          "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Working...
          X