Israel launches massive search for three youths feared kidnapped in West Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Once again, there is so much wrong with what you're saying that I don't even know where to begin, but I'll try:

1) Your use of "just days before" is duplicitous. It did not happen just days before, it happened nearly 2 months ago. When you say it happened "just days before", you are trying, falsely, to equate and somehow connect that even with the murder of the three Israeli teens. At best you are being a useful idiot, at worst you are willfully lying and confusing matters.
    Palestinians were killed May 15, teens were murdered June 12. Thats a 26 day spread, both occurred late spring- your reaching.

2) The two Palestinian teens were not killed by the IDF. IDF forces in the area did not shoot live ammunition that day, and footage of IDF forces on CNN (not fans of Israel) clearly show that they were firing rubber bullets.
    I didn't say IDF, I said Israel

Moreover, viewing the footage of the teens falling after being "shot" shows that they put out their hands to block their fall, as if the fall was planned.
    really? I suggest you go look again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way those kids hit the ground after torso shots.

The fact that the teens are evacuated within seconds is also telling, as is the fact that there is very little blood, if at all, which is not what usually happens when one gets gut shot with a 5.56mm M-16 round. Finally, the bullet which supposedly killed the first boy looks like it was pulled directly from the casing and presented as evidence. There is no distortion of the bullet, no signs of firing, no signs that it passed through someone's body and then was finally stopped in some books in the boy's knapsack.
    First, what does speed of evacuation have to do with anything? Or are you now claiming the Maiden sniper victims were fakers.... ya sucks for you were have such a recent comparison to stack your claims against including putting hands out to break falls.

2nd, FMJ's don't always distort, specially if it was provided from US stocks designed to defeat body armor

3rd CCTV may not show the blood

The case is very similar to the case of Muhammad Al-Dura, who was killed by Palestinian gunfire, but is still remembered, even today, as an IDF casualty, even though from every single examination of the events, there was physically no way in the world IDF bullets could have hit the boy. But for an Israel hater such as yourself, facts are free but comment is sacred. If you're going to argue, argue the facts, not the rhetoric.
    blame the victims and resort to the borderline antisemitism rant again... Wanting Israel to get out of the territories and for them to stop oppressing the Palestinians does not equal hating Israel

3) Yet another difference between the two cases is that in the first case, the two teens were actively engaged in rioting against IDF soldiers,
    Both were unarmed and not engaed in aggressive behavior when killed. One was shot in the back while walking away.

while in this heinous murder, the boy was walking on the streets of Jerusalem and was kidnapped and brutally murdered by Israeli citizens. There is a world of difference between the two cases.
    As far as I can tell, going back at least a decade no Israeli has been convicted and imprisoned for the murder of a Palestinian.

When you add in the public outcry from both sides of the political spectrum over Abu Khdeir's murder, plus the fact that of the six arrested for the murder, at least three have already admitted and replicated the murder for the police, your assertion that they won't be prosecuted or will see jail time is either utter stupidity, or you believe that Israel is one of the most corrupt states there is, regardless of the fact that Israel has tried a former President and a former Prime Minister, proving that no matter how high your rank, station or position was, no one is above the law.
    Given past history the correct assumption is that no Israeli citizen will be imprisoned for violence against Palestinians.

Now, would you like to get on to debating the facts, such as the fact that in the past 24 somewhere in the vicinity of 150 rockets were launched at Israel?
    Sure, I've been debating facts. You know like the fact that the 3 teens were kidnapped in murdered in the West Bank and Israel launched attacked in Gaza.

Such as the fact that children the age of your son have had their summer camps cancelled because of the rocket attack?
    What about the kids the age of Alex dodging bombs in Gaza?

That children the age of your son aren't even allowed to go to the playground, because they have exactly 15 seconds to get to safety? How about the fact that my wife and I have less than 60 seconds to find shelter if a missile gets lobbed in our direction?
    How much warning is the IDF giving the residents of Gaza that live around the target of the moment for an F-16's 500lb bomb?

Would you like to argue those facts, or would you like to continue talking about unrelated things, as if they actually make a difference or somehow excuse Hamas' actions?
    HAMAS has denied responsibility, certainly no one in Gaza where most of the revenge deaths by the IDF have occurred did it.

Hey Zraver, lemme ask you a question: Would you let Alex grow up in a situation like this?
    Oh great, another dick measuring contest....

Did you forget that Alex and I just had to ride out an EF-4 tornado that passed within a 1.5 miles of my apartment? It was on the ground for 44 miles and was 3/4 mile wide Killed 16 people, injured 150 and destroyed 800 structures. I spent 20 hours doing rescue work. In fact since 2001 when the rocket attacks began, more Arkansans which roughly the same size in population as Israel have died from tornadoes than Israelis killed by rockets. Nationwide, I've responded to tornadoes since 2011 that have killed more than 3x as many people as the rocket attacks and destroyed 100x more structures. Arkansas is also known as the land of nocturnal naders because of the way the weather systems move, so we usually don't even get a chance for a visual, plus almost all of ours are HP tornadoes totally masked by rain. This isn't the first time you've mistakenly thought you are the only one who has to live with death from above. Arkansas isn't even the worst place for it (we tie for 3rd). Rural states means little chance of an effective siren system and if you don't have a radio or TV on (ie sleeping) you wake up dead.

Seriously dude I'm the wrong person to try that line with. Not only am I familiar with the lump in the throat when the phone starts beeping and the sirens sound but when it sounds for me it means its not generalized but that I am inside the warning polygon of just a couple miles.

This is in Sderot, not in any of the "settlements" or "conquered" or "occupied" territories. Would you still have a problem every time the IDF attacked into Gaza to protect your child? Would you still pragmatically sit there in front of your computer going on and on about how horrible Israel is?

There are approximately 1 million people in Israel under missile threat from Gaza at any given time, myself included. How would you feel living your life in Faulkner County if folks in Little Rock decided that they wanted you dead and would stop at nothing until that succeeded?
    Since the murder of the 3 teens who attacked first? I do believe it was IDF war planes and the rockets are a response. So whose living under threat?

Comment

Originally posted by Amled View Post
      Why not give the authorities the benefit of a doubt?
      Within a few days of the crime, they not only have identified the group responsible, but made three arrests and one has confessed and named names, and they are currently looking for 3 more.
      So cut them some slack would you!
      Past history is why. They've arrested before, they've charged and even convicted before, but not prison.

Comment

BR,

However, I find it amazing that the US State Department forcefully condemned the death of the boy, which Israel also condemned, but was nearly silent when it was discovered that the three Israeli teens were brutally murdered.
        Deaths of Naftali Fraenkel, Gilad Shaar, and Eyal Yifrach

as for the rest, it reminds me of this little passage from a great movie, the Battle of Algiers.

Journalist: M. Ben M'Hidi, don't you think it's a bit cowardly to use women's baskets and handbags to carry explosive devices that kill so many innocent people?

Ben M'Hidi: And doesn't it seem to you even more cowardly to drop napalm bombs on defenseless villages, so that there are a thousand times more innocent victims? Of course, if we had your airplanes it would be a lot easier for us. Give us your bombers, and you can have our baskets.
        remember the two sides are not equal in power. it's very true that the israelis are not as bad as the palestinians, because they have the luxury of maintaining morals given the huge discrepancy in technology and strength. that's not to EXCUSE the palestinians (primarily because they would have gone so much further with a MLK rather than an arafat as a "founding father"), but it goes much to -explain- their actions, rather than to call them inhuman.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

finally, from admin standpoint: NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS.

i know this hits close to home for some people...aka BR...but keep it professional. i'm already regretting opening this thing up.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
            ... i'm already regretting opening this thing up.
            Don’t be!
            I already had new thread ready to post, when I saw the subject had already been broached in this existing one.

…and Good Luck refereeing any debate on this subject!:bang:
            When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

I'm not going to be too available for the near future, I've had to run to the shelters four times already. I will get back to everyone when I have time, but I'm quite busy with work at the moment, as well as keeping safe and looking out for my wife. In the meantime, here are several articles worth perusing:

Where is the outrage over the bombardment of civilians in Israel? - Telegraph

Speak now, or forever hold your peace | Eylon Aslan-Levy | Ops & Blogs | The Times of Israel

Israel Under Fire: Operation Protective Edge - A Primer | HonestReporting

BBC News - #BBCtrending: Are #GazaUnderAttack images accurate?
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                I'm not going to be too available for the near future, I've had to run to the shelters four times already. I will get back to everyone when I have time, but I'm quite busy with work at the moment, as well as keeping safe and looking out for my wife. In the meantime, here are several articles worth perusing:
                Stay safe, we might not get along but I am a person in the US who understands sheltering. I am going to try and answer your articles honestly

Standing in line behind the outrage over the collective punishment of civilians by Israel. Its damn hard for a lot of the world to feel much sympathy for a nation whose leader took immediate advantage of a tragedy (the kidnapping murder of 3 teens) to start pushing a war in order to strengthen his ruling coalition and demanding that Abbas break the unity government. There is no doubt Hamas will kidnap, and will kill. But kidnapping and then killing is not only not like Hamas, it runs counter to their very modus operandi in kidnapping because of the political value of hostages. Second the recorded call might be an Arabic accent, but the spoken language is Hebrew. Like I said in the beginning I want the real culprits arrested and prosecuted. But the Israeli government seems to be thin on investigation and thick on collective punishment. Like I said before, look for who benefits from breaking the unity government and sparking a new round of violence. its not Hamas... Hamas needs the unity government more than Abbas needs Hamas.

Israel is the one pushing this war for its own political ends. Bibi wants to break the unity government and started going after Hamas to the apparent exclusion of all others almost from day one, even after Hamas denied involvement. Where was Mr. Levy when the IDF began mass evidence-less arrests and property destruction including a dairy? Where has he been when the death county on the Palestinian side climbed to obscene levels. Where was he for the mass economic deprivation enforced by Israel... of as the IDF stood aside and allowed price tag attacks? As to retaliate for something that happened in the West Bank, Israel attacked Gaza... To those of us who want both peoples to leave each other alone and live in peace- his demands that I and other condemn what is functionally the same as what he wont condemn rings hollow.

And Ben, this is where I think you also fail. I don't hate Israel and I don't support Hamas. I want Israel and Palestine to live in peace. I see the settlements and the attached issues as the real obstacle to peace. You see the WB as future Israel or maybe historic Israel and you rather indirectly called for the expulsion of the Palestinians to Jordan or at least somewhere other than future Israel. This has created an impasse.

Stock photos often get recycled by lazy journalists or when up date images are hard to get. Happens during storms, rallies, documentaries and disasters too. I wouldn't read to much into it unless there is a specific claim attached to the image.
                Last edited by zraver; 08 Jul 14,, 23:12.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                  Stock photos often get recycled by lazy journalists or when up date images are hard to get. Happens during storms, rallies, documentaries and disasters too. I wouldn't read to much into it unless there is a specific claim attached to the image.
                  Lazy or incompetent journalists are certainly possible, but deliberately manipulated photography is something worth looking into very very closely, considering past history
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    Lazy or incompetent journalists are certainly possible, but deliberately manipulated photography is something worth looking into very very closely, considering past history
                    That is why I said unless there was a specific claim attached to the image. ie is the image being posted by a news org talking about events, or offered up by one side or another as proof of a recent event.

Comment

Stay safe, Ben.
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

So Israel is peace loving and the Palestinians are warmongers.... The Israelis are beign terrified and forced to live like moles from all the Hamas rockets, especially in places like Sderot. That is the narrative we get fed in the West. Well the Sderot Cinema certainly challenges those assumptions.

https://twitter.com/allansorensen72/...639170/photo/1

Comment

Peace loving Pals regularly deliver aerial gifts to the citizens of Sderot and I guess these people are just happy and anxious to see the favour returned :Dancing-Banana:
                          Israel's front line town of Sderot battered by missiles - Telegraph
                          Israel's front line town of Sderot battered by missiles
                          Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Peace loving Pals condemned killing of the Israeli teens and reacted in anguish at their death. Eve in the past, Jew killers who are released by the Israelis during prisoner exchange, are lynched and condemned by the peaceful and honourable Pals....
                            The True Difference Between Israelis and Palestinians | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
                            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

"...Well the Sderot Cinema certainly challenges those assumptions."

Funny shit, that. Why am I unsurprised you'd toss some blanket strawman like "west" narrative and then provide a twitter moment as compelling evidence to the contrary? Would that be the same "west", btw, generating the narrative so derided by Russia?

Which narrative would you prefer-the plucky, brave kibbutzniks out enjoying the evening fire-works or images of old women and babies huddled in some shelter wide-eyed in stark terror?

Anyway, just the sign of the times. I'm sure much the same is being played out in Gaza.
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                                "...Well the Sderot Cinema certainly challenges those assumptions."

Funny shit, that. Why am I unsurprised you'd toss some blanket strawman like "west" narrative and then provide a twitter moment as compelling evidence to the contrary? Would that be the same "west", btw, generating the narrative so derided by Russia?

Which narrative would you prefer-the plucky, brave kibbutzniks out enjoying the evening fire-works or images of old women and babies huddled in some shelter wide-eyed in stark terror?

Anyway, just the sign of the times. I'm sure much the same is being played out in Gaza.
                                Not a blanket strawman, the media coverage has been very sympathetic to the Israeli side of the argument. Since this began, Israel is dropping about 5x the number of bombs that Hamas is firing rockets. This morning the death count was 80-0. An Israeli lawmaker is openly calling for genocide-to kill pregnant mothers. BR has been on here lamenting how people in Sderot where he lives have to live like moles with only seconds of warning... The war was started because Bibi needed to shore up his coalition. Never mind that the abduction and murder did not happen in Gaza, or that the people Bibi is blaming said they were not the perpetrators. A credible denial given how they like to have hostages not corpses in order to increase their bargaining power.

Whats unsurprising is that you continue to see Israel through rose colored glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                X