10 life lessons from Adm. McRaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by citanon View Post
    Said Doktor, who was glad he was not on anyone's obstacle course.
    fixed.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      What did I learn on the Obstacle Course long ago?

That there are a lot of slack jaw wantabees.

They love to go home and show off their jarhead uniform but don't have the strength or mental toughness to do the things that cause them discomfort.
      There is nothing more fun then, after completing the course, running back to where the panzys are half assing my obstacles because they think I might have a moment of weakness and tell them to "Just go around", I can yell and scream at them.

Blowing cigarette smoke in their face as the gasp for breath. Telling them to 'Just go ahead and friggin die so I don't have to carry your sorry ass loser body in combat when you quit"

Ah yes the good old days.
      Reminds me of the time I was the PFT coordinator for a ship (a "disadvantage" of being an athlete and an extra officer).

After I finished the distance, I would go back and run along side those sailors who were still back there.

When I ran, I wasn't so much a talker as a paced breather. Coordinated, in sequence with the limbs, sounded like a horse.

Often, since I had already moved faster than they were, my breathing was up to that speed, and now I was down at their pace, I feel into a positive feedback loop where I was fast trotting in place next to them while moving forward at their speed.

I'd like to think that my paced breathing, because it was very loud and noticeable, was teaching them, overriding their methods of breathing so they could speed up.............................

..................................but I think their acceleration was due to a need to get away from me.
      Last edited by Tamara; 02 Jun 14,, 06:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        What did I learn on the Obstacle Course long ago?

That there are a lot of slack jaw wantabees.

They love to go home and show off their jarhead uniform but don't have the strength or mental toughness to do the things that cause them discomfort.
        There is nothing more fun then, after completing the course, running back to where the panzys are half assing my obstacles because they think I might have a moment of weakness and tell them to "Just go around", I can yell and scream at them.

Blowing cigarette smoke in their face as the gasp for breath. Telling them to 'Just go ahead and friggin die so I don't have to carry your sorry ass loser body in combat when you quit"

Ah yes the good old days.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37038[/ATTACH]
        Gunny, fixed it for ya!
        Attached Files
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
        X