X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Shooter At Fort Hood

Source: Active shooter at Fort Hood - CNN.com

Dear God I hope they get this guy soon.

EDIT: According to the live stream posted by Native: 2 active shooters, 8 injured, and 1 dead as of 6:50pm EST.

EDIT 2: One Fort Hood Suspect has been killed, situation still active as of 8:02pm EST.

EDIT 3: Confirmed 4 dead, including shooter. http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/shooti...ry?id=23166944
    Last edited by Red Team; 03 Apr 14,, 01:31.
    "Draft beer, not people."

ANOTHER one?!?!?!?!?!?!
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Local news channel, streaming.
      Reports of a Shooting on Fort Hood - kcentv.com - KCEN HD - Waco, Temple, and Killeen

Comment

Condolences to the victims.

Comment

Confirmed 4 dead, Shooter: Ivan Lopez

Comment

Prayers and thoughts for the families and survivors- those injured for a quick recovery.

Comment

I wonder the motivation.

RIP.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Horrific and heart-breaking news. A very young co-worker will be taking his rifle platoon overseas to Afghanistan from Ft. Hood this August. In addition to everything else, it appears Hood has become a major staging area for units deploying into combat. Probably for many of those returning too. That's a lot of angst bottled up in one already very scarred community.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                  I wonder the motivation.

RIP.
                  They are claiming soldier on soldier what ever that means- you assume that it means it was a personal dispute between parties that knew each other, but Maj Nidal Hasan was a soldier so you could've said the same about that- and I believe they tried to call that "workplace violence" as well. Only time will tell, but it seems awfully coincidental coming right after the report of John Thomas Booker aka Muhammad Abdullah Hassan supposedly planning a "Ft Hood type massacre". That report supposedly made it seem like there were others involved. I'm still wondering what the motive was for MA2 Mark Mayo's shooting in Norfolk last week. He had a violent history, but was it someone he was looking for, or did he just go nuts like the Navsea shooter?

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                    Horrific and heart-breaking news. A very young co-worker will be taking his rifle platoon overseas to Afghanistan from Ft. Hood this August. In addition to everything else, it appears Hood has become a major staging area for units deploying into combat. Probably for many of those returning too. That's a lot of angst bottled up in one already very scarred community.
                    That's a fact people don't always consider. Do you think it would help if they shifted the staging to more bases so that it wasn't all concentrated in one location? Ivan Lopez had reported as being involved in helping returning soldiers and wounded warriors. That could've weighed on him. I just can't fathom the amount of random violence going on now at military facilities.

(update: they are now reporting that the shooter did have mental and behavioral issues that he was being treated for- even more of a tragedy)
                    Last edited by DonBelt; 03 Apr 14,, 04:46. Reason: new news

Comment

RIP. My condolences to the families of those killed.
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Most armies with extended tenures in combat areas, have some amount of fragging cases.
                        These are tragic and avoidable incidents, and it all come down to the OC of the unit.
                        Lives lost will never return and families will be scared for life. RIP

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

bloody awful. RIP the victims.
                          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                            ........ I just can't fathom the amount of random violence going on now at military facilities......
                            Now?

In about the 18 months I was running Naval Police as a station during the late Cold War, I had a Marine steal a pistol out of the ready locker (he eventually used it on only himself), one Marine knife another over a marriage issue, and a visiting sailor rape a prostitute. And that's just on a quick looking back; I could probably come up with more if I think about it.

When I heard about this today, I was thinking that we all know about it because of the network of the news and what the news will focus on, but if it happened in the 80's, how many would know outside of the service? How many civilians back in the late 80's knew of Petty Officer Ruben Colon killing the ship's disbursing officer and making off with the payroll?

That said......

A tragedy and my condolences.

Comment

Rip
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                              X