Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ezRwRsCmmTc

Comment

• Don't read if you are dizzy NavyDoc. Where has ANYONE who has posted a thread here claimed to be an expert if any kind?!! This is an open forum & we are all entitled to our opinions- even you

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepGirl View Post
        Don't read if you are dizzy NavyDoc. Where has ANYONE who has posted a thread here claimed to be an expert if any kind?!! This is an open forum & we are all entitled to our opinions- even you
        By (supposedly) experts I was referring to the ones all over the media!:whome:

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepGirl View Post
          Don't read if you are dizzy NavyDoc. Where has ANYONE who has posted a thread here claimed to be an expert if any kind?!! This is an open forum & we are all entitled to our opinions- even you
          Easy there JeepGirl ;)

NavyDoc is old hand here, and you're a brand new member :)
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinja View Post
            Good point! Unless the intended target is the same. Good point still though you raise Monash.
            FleetStatus

Approximately 500 to 800k per month and major scrutiny of lessees after 9-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              Easy there JeepGirl ;)

NavyDoc is old hand here, and you're a brand new member :)
              Easy there now!
              My hand isn't any older than I am! Nor, have I got any years on you!

Also, sad to say that "hoping for the best" probably no longer includes the survival of all those souls!
              Last edited by SlaterDoc; 15 Mar 14,, 20:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                You need a working cellphone tower that accepts your call nearby.
                Citanon,

I realize that. I mean although there wouldn't be any cell tower at 35,000 feet in the skies of South China sea, but for hijacking (air piracy if you may) theory to hold any water this plane has to descend and land some where close to civilization with possible acceptability or proximity to a cell tower which could make an electronic contact possible.

I still don't believe this is a hijacking, not to be oblivious to the grieve and the pain loved ones and family members of the victims are going through at this moment I still believe the MH370 has ended up in bottom of the deep sea (Indian Ocean?) which its where about has not been discover yet. RIP. I hope for the love of god that I'm wrong and the 239 poor souls are still alive, but I doubt it.

Comment

• Cell tower near abandoned strip?
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                    I am assuming every plane made gives off an electronic signature which can be identified by sattelite, radar, etc. And this can be disabled (or as in the case of the engines - not), but not changed/modified/hacked?

Either way, in the case of leasing a plane, it would very much be present on all air traffic registries.

What about a plane which is supposed to have crashed? Eventually people are going to forget this plane. Its going to go off the media. Searches are going to be called off. Air forces are going to eventually forget about this.

This plane can be in hiding till then. Maintained. Taken care of. Not flown.

Till everything settles down. And the plane is considered dead. Forgotten.

That I feel is the big difference between leasing and faking your own death. You can come back with an identity of your choice.

The other thing is that it might be easier to lease a plane, but it would definitely be cheaper to steal one.

239 lives? When you think of what they plan to do with it afterwards, its still cheaper.
                    People, media and other ordinary folks might forget about MH370 but I have no doubt in my mind that USHLS, CIA, FBI, NSA and other US intelligence agencies will not rest and will be on their toes watching every single Boeing (specifically 777) flying any where around the world until the B-777 registration 9M-MRO with Boeing SN 28420 is found and if in midair and not following the instruction (command) then possible shot down by a USAF fighter jet, regardless of who and how many on-board.

Comment

• With information coming out in dribs and drabs by the Malaysian authorities I am going to have to talk with my docent pilots again. Only in the last few days is the thinking moving away from a cataclysmic mechanical failure leading to a crash in the South China Sea. This flight left Kuala Lumpur at midnight on a Saturday (-15 SFO), and was reported missing early Sunday morning their time. Then how did those pilots formulate the idea between Sunday and Tuesday that it was either a hijacking by one of the pilots or by someone who had experience. They would have had only 48 hours to come to that conclusion and that was way before the media. I know from them, that the autopilot is not easily programmed by a novice with only a few hours in a 777. Now the plane still could have ended up in the ocean but it would seem to be leaning towards an intentional human act.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        Cell tower near abandoned strip?
                        A 2 miles long abandoned air strip suitable for landing a jumbo without shredding its tires in pieces which Western intelligence assets don't know about or couldn't snap a Sat. shot within past 8 days. Where would that be? Don't forget availability of Jet-A (30,000 Gal of it} for possible consequent flight and possible infield mechanical repair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                          Not so fast, this could have happened to any airline. It happened to 3 planes in one day in another country, no one is advocating their boycott, is there?
                          Yes, but when the incident you referred to occurred aviation authorities new something had occurred almost immediately, were tracking the planes in real time and issued the appropriate alerts. If the intention of those concerned had been to fly those planes to a foreign destination they would have been tracked every klick of the way and been intercepted. And I was not proposing an organized boycott of MA just suggesting people take their performance to date on notice when deciding to book a flight. The rest is up to everyone's personal judgement, but I don't think I am being too harsh if I state that MA's performance to date has been less than inspiring.
                          Last edited by Monash; 16 Mar 14,, 12:19.
                          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                            I've flown Malaysian. Its one of the better airlines in the region. And the airhostesses have really nice personality.
                            What a comforting thought during a mid air emergency. Well both starboard engines are on fire but what the hell I'm sure the aircrew's nice personalities will save the day!
                            Last edited by Monash; 16 Mar 14,, 01:53.
                            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
                              A 2 miles long abandoned air strip suitable for landing a jumbo without shredding its tires in pieces which Western intelligence assets don't know about or couldn't snap a Sat. shot within past 8 days. Where would that be? Don't forget availability of Jet-A (30,000 Gal of it} for possible consequent flight and possible infield mechanical repair.
                              Aryajet,

plenty such places without cell phone antennas but none that can hide from satellite, which is probably why they are looking in the Indian Ocean and not sending in Seal Team Six.

I do believe it was a hijacking. If the pilot just wanted to kill himself, why go through such trouble? This thing almost certainly took a lot of planning, which speaks to a larger plot, and the most valuable and useful thing involved is the plane itself. That said, maybe it crashed enroute to its intended destination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
                                Citanon,

I realize that. I mean although there wouldn't be any cell tower at 35,000 feet in the skies of South China sea, but for hijacking (air piracy if you may) theory to hold any water this plane has to descend and land some where close to civilization with possible acceptability or proximity to a cell tower which could make an electronic contact possible.

I still don't believe this is a hijacking, not to be oblivious to the grieve and the pain loved ones and family members of the victims are going through at this moment I still believe the MH370 has ended up in bottom of the deep sea (Indian Ocean?) which its where about has not been discover yet. RIP. I hope for the love of god that I'm wrong and the 239 poor souls are still alive, but I doubt it.
                                Hard to say why no calls, but isn't it possible hijackers might have taken all the cell phones? Maybe told passengers that the use of a cell phone might set a bomb off? There are also cell phone blockers available commercially and plans on making them. So much so that the FCC had to step in- FCC Cracks Down on Cell Phone 'Jammers' - US News.
                                Also the lack of service might be another reason.
                                I asked earlier about the existence of old WW2 abandoned fields in the vicinity- a quick Google search turned up a couple of abandoned fields in West Bengal, not sure of runway conditions, although a site I found showing some abandoned WW2 fields on remote Pacific islands still had pavement in good enough condition for multi engine turboprops to land, so maybe they're usable. If an aircraft the size of a B777 approached the coast of India, is it possible it could escape detection? Seems like a really unlikely scenario to hijack it and re-purpose it later, but with no claim of responsibility, no demands and authorities now saying they think it a highjacking I guess you have to wonder.
                                Unless it's a pilot suicide, but if it's that, why turn off the transponder and change course and fly out of your course. Why not just nose dive it?
                                Definitely going to need a lot of thorough police work and a bit of luck to solve this. And it might never be solved- it's a big ocean.

Comment

Working...
                                X