Palestinian ambassador injured in explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all ears:mocan:
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Explosives Found at Palestinian Embassy in Prague
      Jan. 16, 2014

Explosives were found in the Palestinian embassy in Prague Thursday during a continuing investigation at the site following a blast on New Year's Day that lead to the death of the Palestinian ambassador to the Czech Republic. Czech police spokesman Tomas Hulan, speaking on television, confirmed that investigators had found explosives, but chose not to answer questions about what type of explosive was found, its age or origin. The police have taken the explosives to forensic labs for analysis, Mr. Hulan said.

This discovery follows the death of Jamal al-Jamal, 56, earlier this month when an old office safe deposit box that had been installed in the newly-built embassy exploded while he was using it, police spokeswoman Andrea Zoulova said. Following the initial blast, Czech police also found 12 firearms in the embassy, which is illegal according to international treaties. Palestinian authorities earlier this week apologized to their Czech counterparts for hiding weapons in the embassy and breaking diplomatic protocol, the Czech Foreign Ministry said.
      Source

Additional explosives have been discovered at the embassy. Seventeen days have now passed since PA ambassador Jamal al-Jamal was killed in an explosion... and still no details from the Czechs.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
        Seventeen days have now passed since PA ambassador Jamal al-Jamal was killed in an explosion... and still no details from the Czechs.
        Just checked again. More than enough time has passed for the forensic investigation. Not a word from Prague.

I can only surmise they know what happened and are hoping this nasty little incident fades into obscurity.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
          Just checked again. More than enough time has passed for the forensic investigation. Not a word from Prague.

I can only surmise they know what happened and are hoping this nasty little incident fades into obscurity.
          Maybe there is a diplomatic reason for this lack of information.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
            Maybe there is a diplomatic reason for this lack of information.
            I believe there is. The Czechs would rather not rub additional salt in the Palestinian wound.

The problem with this rationale (from my pov) is that saying nothing does not scotch the daughter's public accusations of (Israeli) murder and complicity.
            sigpic

Comment

Nor addresses the issue of the PLA smuggling munitions across Europe. The authorities said it was illegal because it was undeclared. Are they simply turning a blind eye to possible future terrorist attacks.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                Nor addresses the issue of the PLA smuggling munitions across Europe. The authorities said it was illegal because it was undeclared. Are they simply turning a blind eye to possible future terrorist attacks.
                I'd guess they are keeping it under the radar. Would really love to be a fly on the wall in the Czech counter-intel offices ;)
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                X