X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ times 2

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
      How is attacking Article 370 a "communal shenanigan"? The words "communal" and "secular" are thrown about way too much in India these days. Whenever one wants to discredit an argument, just call it "communal" regardless of whether the word applies or not. Conversely, claiming you are "secular" can be used as a defense against pretty much anything. A high profile journalist accused of rape recently tried to defend himself in the press by claiming that he was "secular".
      I am actually in favour of repealing 370, as I see no reason to give some states extra rights. However, are you telling me that BJP does not delve in communal shenanigans?
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
        I am not against a BJP-Modi administration; with the expectation that a coaliation govt. will keep any communal shenanigans in check. Already I see a softened tone on many things, including article 370
        Reason i asked was i recall you saying back in 2009, that UPA2 had a better team. At the time this was a reasonable assumption.

My question is do you think the BJP has the better team this time ?

Comment

Personally not convinced, that AAP debut signifies a major shift. They came second in the smallest state out of four state that went to elections!
          Also notice the margin of win was very small for AAP.

Based on the votes BJP and AAP got in this assembly elections, if this was converted into LS votes, BJP is wining 6 out of the 7 seats! It makes it even worse for AAP when roughly 3/4 want of it's core voters want to vote for BJP in LS elections!

Also have to disagree there is no Modi pull. Definitely there is a anti-Congress wave, however the wave is present because people are seeing a strong alternative in Modi ( not BJP pls note. BJP is a idiots party), specially in the North.

You need to see the results of Rajasthan and CG how Modi is changing the equation. Rajasthan 80% of the seats to BJP! These results are important, not Delhi's.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
            Reason i asked was i recall you saying back in 2009, that UPA2 had a better team. At the time this was a reasonable assumption.

My question is do you think the BJP has the better team this time ?
            Think in 2009 people preferred MMS over Advani. MMS with a PM track record over Advani... who had nothing to show. One reason Congress got good urban votes.

Now Modi with admin track record versus Rahul.. with nothing to show.

Comment

In Delhi - neother BJP pr AAP is staking claim to form the government. Who forms the govt will have to fulfull their promises and will fall flat on their faces. No one wants to take a chance to rule. So they will waste public money once more for a re-election.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by n21 View Post
                Also have to disagree there is no Modi pull. Definitely there is a anti-Congress wave, however the wave is present because people are seeing a strong alternative in Modi ( not BJP pls note. BJP is a idiots party), specially in the North.
                This is concerning to the RSS. How will they control Modi and manage the factions.

How will a board of directors model handle the personality cult developing around Modi.

Without that cult, Modi would not be the same. With Modi, the BJP will not be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  This is concerning to the RSS. How will they control Modi and manage the factions.

How will a board of directors model handle the personality cult developing around Modi.

Without that cult, Modi would not be the same. With Modi, the BJP will not be the same.
                  I think this is where we under-estimate Modi. VHP and RSS thought they would rule Gujarat after 2002. They now know who is the boss.

Have you noticed how the VHP chief never gives any speech in Gujrat. RSS and VHP in Gujarat are very anti-Modi. They tried their best to bring down Modi in 2012. Could not.

The same will happen if Modi comes to power in Delhi. He will have a iron grip over BJP and any funny characters who want to spoil the party. He knows how to use the cult.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                    In Delhi - neother BJP pr AAP is staking claim to form the government. Who forms the govt will have to fulfull their promises and will fall flat on their faces. No one wants to take a chance to rule. So they will waste public money once more for a re-election.
                    BJP doesn't have the majority and BJP has checked out the politico manifesto of AAP and it is not compatible with BJP's manifesto. Other parties have refused to align with BJP so BJP knows that it is a waste of time to get a majority.

Comment

I think this is where we under-estimate Modi. VHP and RSS thought they would rule Gujarat after 2002. They now know who is the boss.

Have you noticed how the VHP chief never gives any speech in Gujrat. RSS and VHP in Gujarat are very anti-Modi. They tried their best to bring down Modi in 2012. Could not.

The same will happen if Modi comes to power in Delhi. He will have a iron grip over BJP and any funny characters who want to spoil the party. He knows how to use the cult.

This goes to what I have been saying. Modi is a strong leader and can impose the will on unruly factions, unlike we have seen in MMS. Sonia Gandhi was no leader. She just wanted to enjoy power and the perks of it and was willing to whatever necessary to enjoy the fruits.

Comment

You lost me here. I thought that Modi was the RSS poster boy. The pushed out Advani and made Modi the PM candidate. If the wanted to bring him down then why he be made the poster boy?

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

For the international members, 2014 elections in India is going to be a path breaking occasion in the sub-continent. If Modi comes to power, you will have a Right wing Capitalist Prime Minister. He would have become a absolute cult figure in the country.

1. There is will massive investment in India specially around infrastructure. Big contracts in the pipeline.
                          2. India will be very pro-active in Afghanistan post 2014 with him around.

By the way.... Modi is on US visa restriction list and he is not allowed to travel to US!

Comment

You lost me here. I thought that Modi was the RSS poster boy. The pushed out Advani and made Modi the PM candidate. If the wanted to bring him down then why he be made the poster boy?
                            He was post 2002. However Modi is a politician. a shrewd one. He will not allow any one to control him. A question of power. If you google around Togadia's views on Modi,you will be surprised. There is a reason there were no riots post 2002 in Gujarat. RSS, VHP running amock in Gujarat is a challenge to his power.

Why Advani was thrown out? It is simple. RSS knew it's cadre will not work for Advani as he has nothing to offer. Modi has a cult following among RSS cadre. BJP and RSS leaders knew they would be lynched by their cadre if Modi was not declared PM candidate. Fundamentally Modi bulldozed BJP and RSS.

As I said Modi will use his cult status very smartly.

By the way you would be surprised to know, one of the leaders who openly let RSS grow was Dijvijay singh in Madhya pradesh!

Comment

He was post 2002. However Modi is a politician. a shrewd one. He will not allow any one to control him. A question of power. If you google around Togadia's views on Modi,you will be surprised. There is a reason there were no riots post 2002 in Gujarat. RSS, VHP running amock in Gujarat is a challenge to his power.
                              Ok that makes sense.
                              Why Advani was thrown out? It is simple. RSS knew it's cadre will not work for Advani as he has nothing to offer. Modi has a cult following among RSS cadre. BJP and RSS leaders knew they would be lynched by their cadre if Modi was not declared PM candidate. Fundamentally Modi bulldozed BJP and RSS.

As I said Modi will use his cult status very smartly.
                              Yes I have seem how well he is managing his public image, through a media house.

By the way you would be surprised to know, one of the leaders who openly let RSS grow was Dijvijay singh in Madhya pradesh!
                              Possible.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

That is because you fell for the Congress and its cronies propaganda machine that Modi = RSS. He is not RSS. He is his own man. Sure he is a member of the RSS but RSS don't own him and neither Modi owns RSS. If you were to become PM of India, it doesn't mean you will blindly follow the Pope or whatever he says. That is what the English speaking media has to learn about card carrying RSS members or people who are sympathetic to RSS. The RSS members are not automatons blindly following the RSS ideology. If they were, they would never be elected in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X