Gravity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity

Gravity is a 2013 IMAX 3D space drama film directed by Alfonso Cuarón. Released in the US on 4 October.

Alfonso Cuarón opens the film with a nearly 20-minute single shot as astronauts Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) and Matt Kowalski (George Clooney) float in and out of frame doing maintenance work on a broken satellite. The affable banter between Clooney and Bullock quickly comes to a halt when debris from an exploded Russian satellite crashes into their shuttle, blasting them into space. With oxygen rapidly depleting and time running out, Ryan and Kowalski must use a combination of flight training, physics and luck to get them back to safety. But in orbit, as the saying goes, what comes around goes around: The two drifting astronauts have 90 minutes before they are bombarded again by the same debris.

Although there are a few flaws in the physics, this is easily the best space movie I have ever seen. Mesmerizing, awe-inspiring, and simply stunning. Bullock is sensational. This film was four and a half years in the making and it delivers on all levels. Don't skimp here. Shell out the extra coin and view it on an IMAX screen. Magnificent!
    sigpic

Spectacular!!!!

Saw 2D....wife can't handle 3D.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Bullock' s best performance.

it is a great great movie.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Hmm...

So, you guys say it's worth the buck?

I was skeptical.

Take your word on it, if not, oh well, tickets here are cheap.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

It is a good movie but not scientifically accurate.
          Spoiler!

Still, it is an entertaining flick as long as you remember hollywood laws of physics are still in play here.
          Last edited by Blademaster; 30 Oct 13,, 23:25.

Comment

Dude, there's a spoiler tag, use it! I started reading and had to stop.....
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Sorry my bad. I didn't think I revealed too much.

Comment

Nah, it's ok, but in the future, just so you know
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Saw it a couple of weeks ago; yes, it does bend some physical laws (Clooney still being "pulled" on his tether, even though his momentum had already been stopped, etc.), but it says something when you watch a 1-1/2 hour movie and it only seems like 45 minutes.
                  "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Chris Hadfield ejected from movie theatre for loudly heckling Gravity - The Beaverton - North America's Trusted Source of News

Comment

From above:

During one crucial and deathly silent scene involving Sandra Bullock’s character’s desperate attempt to reach her vessel and avoid dying in the void of space, the man who brought honour and fun to Canadian space exploration let out a long, piercing, and altogether perfect fart.
                      Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaheeheeheeheeheeheehaha hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X