In Okinawa, Talk of Break From Japan Turns Serious - NYT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Ok, then tell me this. How much gets into the Chinese Press that is just the idea of their editorial staff vs. how much gets in which is floating an idea off the record? Politics being universal I think all pol's use the press to float ideas off the record to see the reaction. Just sometimes the idea takes on a momentum of it's own, within or outside said country, which could lead to all kinds of confusion, unintended consequences, reactions, and on and on...

Sorry for that last part as my son got to the computer while I had to step away.

What I meant to say concerning the Daily Mail making a comment of support, contrary to government stance, is that those things tend to take on a life of their own. The old adage about loose lips sink ships still applies today regarding ships and other forms of communication.
    Well, given how large most organizations are nowadays, there will be someone from say, a government, floating some whack job idea at some time or another, unless you're living in a completely regimented society, a la DPRK. It's just part of the background noise.

Comment

Working...
    X