Iran unveils new 'stealth drone'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Last time I checked they hadn't actually built a functioning nuke.

The issue isn't that Iran couldn't build a drone. They can probably build a basic one to perform a limited range of tasks. They lack the necessary technology to replicate all the functions of a US drone. Simply getting them in the air really isn't the tricky bit. The point is that not only are they incapable of building a high tech 'stealth drone', but this attractively coloured thing ain't it. In fact, if you've been following the outbursts of laughter here from people who know a bit about this stuff this spiffy looking puppy is a cheap mock up with pretend weapons & a shopping trolley front wheel.

All good for a chuckle really.
    The pod on the bottom looks like an off the shelf Furuno radar like you would find on any party boat or lobster boat. Even the same color.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
      The pod on the bottom looks like an off the shelf Furuno radar like you would find on any party boat or lobster boat. Even the same color.[ATTACH]32969[/ATTACH]
      Wow. Talk about OTS components.
      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

So, the Italians have been providing military equipment? Or the Iranians have been steeling these off of yachts in the Med?

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
          I'm not sure why you find that picture "jarring", Doppelganger. Is this picture any more so?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32966[/ATTACH]
          Is this a nuclear submarine inside?

I realise what all of you are saying of course. I get it too.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
            Is this a nuclear submarine inside?
            no, it's a minuteman silo control station
            Linkeden:
            http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
            http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
              So, the Italians have been providing military equipment? Or the Iranians have been steeling these off of yachts in the Med?
              If it was Italian it would look WAY cooler than that.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by gf0012-aust View Post
                no, it's a minuteman silo control station
                Someone was mentioning airmen sitting on that seat? Why airmen? These are ground based nukes right? Like in submarines they have the captain and some other guy do the tandem key thing, on land wouldn't it be someone from the army? And in bomber based nukes, just one guy presses the button, or is there a second guy on land as well linked by some method? Sorry for the lay questions.

Comment

LGM-30 Minuteman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: DG, I know it is easier to ask, but do some google and if you don't find answers, google again.

You can ask after 1 week of intensive search
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    LGM-30 Minuteman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: DG, I know it is easier to ask, but do some google and if you don't find answers, google again.

You can ask after 1 week of intensive search
                    You are sounding like my prof man. :red:

The way I figure, Google and Wiki are written by experts, and here we have the highest density of experts, so where better to learn?

I promise once I have learned, I will take the time out to type replies out to future newbies myself. Ai shapppath (mother promise). :)

P.S. Don't tell anyone, but I'm also gunning for the "senior contributor" in record time tag.
                    Last edited by doppelganger; 23 May 13,, 09:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post

One of mine...

http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads...00218YZE02.jpg

Pic of a typical military drone cockpit. The pilot is on the left and the Weapons System Officer (WSO) is in the right-hand seat.

http://ecd.elciudadano.netdna-cdn.co...o-drones31.jpg
                      How the heck do you put so much stuff and 2 men inside that cockpit? Is the drone the TARDIS?

But seriously (ha!), that iranian "drone" reminds me of the Lego builds my 8 year old cousin makes... or a warhammer 40k ork plane!

Comment

Joking aside,

Anyone thinks this thing can fire the weapons?

Also, IED v.3.0 (flying) one?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Joking aside,

Anyone thinks this thing can fire the weapons?
                          What "weapons"? You mean the artillery shells hanging from the wings? I'm sure they could be dropped... as to where they would hit...

And, tbh, the more I look, the more I think "mock for propaganda only". That massive seam along the fuselage doesn't even seem to be properly sealed, and that shopping cart front wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                            What "weapons"? You mean the artillery shells hanging from the wings? I'm sure they could be dropped... as to where they would hit...

And, tbh, the more I look, the more I think "mock for propaganda only". That massive seam along the fuselage doesn't even seem to be properly sealed, and that shopping cart front wheel...
                            it can't drop those rounds -have a look at the captive clamps. LHS face on, look at the leading clamp. its shimmed as well.
                            Linkeden:

Comment

Suicide drone then?

I am just trying to explore all the opportunities beside "it is a mock up".

Comment

Suicide drone then?

I am just trying to explore all the opportunities beside "it is a mock up".
                                I suspect that there is nothing inside that italian version of searchwater - I reckon it's got a crockpot inside of it full of falafels
                                Linkeden:

Comment

Working...
                                X