This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
    Supplies are there for max 10-14 days. Its day 11 today.
    *Opens a pack of biscuits and waits* Will be interesting if India blocks resupply efforts. Even more interesting if China withdraws.

Now where is Ray? I would love to hear his thoughts. He seems to have MIA-ed for a long time.
    Last edited by chanjyj; 26 Apr 13,, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
      *Opens a pack of biscuits and waits* Will be interesting if India blocks resupply efforts. Even more interesting if China withdraws.
      How can we block? It means we have to go past them.

Sorry, civvy question.

Comment

Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
        Now where is Ray? I would love to hear his thoughts. He seems to have MIA-ed for a long time.
        He got banned few months ago. Not sure if the ban is still in force. Or how the Brig feels about it.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

They cannot dig in, the moment they do that, it means a prepared defence location in a disputed area, and we would do another Somdorung Chu.

Both India and China dont want a fight, but there is no arm twisting gonna happen.
          I know, Captain. I just feel sorry about the guys freezing up there. Tents and heaters can only do so much.

Sir, as I said, they seem rattled by the India patrolling, and want us to sign a defensive pact, where we should share our border patrol sequence with them, and other such issues. We told them to take a hike.
          As I understand this, the exchange of patrol schedule is an informal arrangement between the two militaries to avoid confrontations. They move some rocks. You move them back. But nobody get into fist fights about moving rocks.

The Chinese want to make a political point and may be using this to test our resolve.
          There is that but I would be surprise to see the Chinese expected you to back down.

But because what I have pointed out above, we cannot agree to Chinese terms., and we are more than willing to fight for it.
          I'm thinking it's case of domestic consumption. That the Chinese can goto Dehli and resolve the situation by a simple visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            As I understand this, the exchange of patrol schedule is an informal arrangement between the two militaries to avoid confrontations. They move some rocks. You move them back. But nobody get into fist fights about moving rocks.
            Sir, the solution is thrashing out the border, and dumping the British era maps.

I'm thinking it's case of domestic consumption. That the Chinese can goto Dehli and resolve the situation by a simple visit.
            This will end by the bureaucrats and diplomats thrashing it out, since there is no PLA build up in the rear areas.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              He got banned few months ago. Not sure if the ban is still in force. Or how the Brig feels about it.
              Shame to hear. I've been out of WAB too long I think.

Comment

This will end by the bureaucrats and diplomats thrashing it out, since there is no PLA build up in the rear areas.
                CPT, I have a feeling their food will run out first.

Comment

Will attempts at re-stocking them from the Chinese side ratchet up the Indian response LT sir? Because that is equivalent to "digging in" or maybe a step less because it could be argued that they are merely extending their "temporary" stay/standoff?

Ditto for attempts to replace personnel with new guys as a sort of rotation?

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                    Will attempts at re-stocking them from the Chinese side ratchet up the Indian response LT sir? Because that is equivalent to "digging in" or maybe a step less because it could be argued that they are merely extending their "temporary" stay/standoff?

Ditto for attempts to replace personnel with new guys as a sort of rotation?
                    I cannot answer that question, and it all depends on the instructions recieved from MoD.
                    I am sure that question has already been asked, only time will tell us on how we react to a resupply sortie by the PLA choppers.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
                      China’s third confrontation with India’s border build-up

This is a good article that summarizes past incursions and the cause of the current incursion

Col Ajai sukla is correct when he says that the chinese have focused on india mainly because india has ignored tibet. The working solution now should be to revise(and refocus) indian policy on tibet. This specifically means undoing vajpayees 2003 policy on tibet.
                      I suspect that Vajpayee was forced to give this concession away for free especially after Operation Pakaram and a delayed cost of declaring China as the enemy after the nuclear tests and using China as the prime mover behind the nuclear tests (which assessment I agree with). I did not agree with Vajpayee's giving away of Tibet without some concessions in return such as ending the material aid and support to Maoists and naxalites and the Maoists in Nepal. By giving up Tibet, India effectively gave away Nepal and now look at Nepal, becoming another client state of China.

Comment

Supplies are there for max 10-14 days. Its day 11 today.
                        Ok then the key thing to watch out is the resupply move by PLA. If food runs out and they pack up and go home, then I would let it slide after we raid a post and pee on something as a message and then return back to normal. If PLA attempts to resupply, then it is time to start staking out posts on the Chinese side and match move for move, and in some cases, overmatch a couple moves by PLA to show we mean business.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                          Ok then the key thing to watch out is the resupply move by PLA. If food runs out and they pack up and go home, then I would let it slide after we raid a post and pee on something as a message and then return back to normal. If PLA attempts to resupply, then it is time to start staking out posts on the Chinese side and match move for move, and in some cases, overmatch a couple moves by PLA to show we mean business.
                          So brave, so tough.

Pee on something as a message? Do people in India demarcate property lines by peeing? How does that work? So you know how your and your neighbors' urine smell like and respect the smell?

We need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                            So brave, so tough.

Pee on something as a message? Do people in India demarcate property lines by peeing? How does that work? So you know how your and your neighbors' urine smell like and respect the smell?

We need to know.

PLA has started this what we call , " Pissing contest" . So it requires response , what BM is saying.
                            Last edited by IND76; 26 Apr 13,, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                              So brave, so tough.

We need to know.
                              Yeah yeah keep talking dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                                Yeah yeah keep talking dumbass.
                                That's an amazing comeback. I aint even mad.

Comment

Working...
                                X