Pants, $5000 and a phone...GONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pants, $5000 and a phone...GONE

First, it WAS very chilly here in Chicago last night, so maybe the guy just felt he needed an extra pair of pants.

Second...Don't go to Six Corners after dark to buy anything from Craigslist. Okay during the day (if you are out of other options) but night? Really?

Would-be car buyer loses $5K, phone and his pants - chicagotribune.com

A Northwest Side man was robbed of $5,000, his cell phone, and his pants when he was trying to buy a car through craigslist last night.

The 22-year-old man said he and his girlfriend were not injured but said the ordeal was frightening. "They took a lot of things," he said.

The man was trying to buy an Infiniti he'd seen advertised on craigslist and was told to meet the seller last night at a home in the 4300 block of North Laramie Avenue in the Portage Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side, according to the man and police.

The home's door was open, so he went inside where he began talking to two men while his 20-year-old girlfriend waited inside a 2004 Nissan in the alley, according to police.

But things turned ugly when one of the duo pulled a silver handgun and hit the victim on the back of the head with it. The other man drew a black gun and demanded he take off his pants and shoes, according to police.

When the man brandishing the black gun began to yell: "Where's the money?" a third assailant came out of a small kitchen closet and the victim was tied up with a cable and string and left on the kitchen floor, police said.

The man with the black gun then ran out to the girlfriend and opened the Nissan's door, screaming at her: "Where's the money, b----?"

He ordered her out of the car and began to pat her down, finding $5,000 in her pants, police said. He fled south through the alley while the other two left through the front door, police said.

The man and his girlfriend called police from her cell phone and officers went to help them at Belle Plaine and Milwaukee avenues about 9:20 p.m., police said.

A complete description of the thieves was not available.

No arrests have been made.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

People are interesting.

They will brag how they lost 5k, shoes and pants, but forget that remained with their lives
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

this is like 1000th time i hear sh..t like this and craigslist in the same sentence.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Craigslist is about as sketchy as it gets, but there are some awesome trolls on Craigslist....

Attached Files
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

And here's one of the most awesome Craigslist trolls I've ever seen, but there's some very foul language going on, so it's behind the spoiler:

Spoiler!
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I love Craigslist. The party of people there is amazing. lol
            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
            X