X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo Ferrari View Post
    Of course No.

You just cannot compare Hilter and Mao(and his defacto successor due to they are still raising Mao's portrait at Tiananmen Square today).

Top Ten Most Evil Dictators of All Time (in order of kill count) : PopTen
    So the CCP is worse than the Nazi Party?

Comment

I love pure statistics, they are excelent, specially without any context. Do you know who was the greates mass murderer in history? Cain.

At the time, there were 4 people alive: Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel. Cain killed Abel, which means he killed 1/4th of the world population!

Statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Let me get this straight. You actually think you had a choice to return to China or not?
        Let me get this straight, may I quoted a phrase which fully express my idea.

"Many Chinese people are quite pissed off, when they realize that we Hong Kongers are not particularly ashamed of our British colonial history.

Well, why should we be ashamed? We did nothing wrong. No one could choose where he/she was born. It just so happened that we were born in a British colony. There is nothing sinful about being a Hong Konger(under British Colonial ruled).

Hong Kong became a British colony, simply because the Manchurian Empire lost a war to Britain and failed to keep her sovereignty over Hong Kong. The Manchurian Empire was the real loser. It is the Manchurian Empire that should feel ashamed.

Now the Manchurian Empire doesn't exist any more, but the PRC had claimed to be its successor. So, perhaps it is the PRC that should be feeling ashamed.

The Chinese might be calling us the 'second-class citizens' of Britain. But ironically, these 'second-class citizens' of Britain still enjoy much more civil rights than those so-called 'first-class citizens' of China. Therefore I never feel ashamed when I compare myself to a Chinese."
        Last edited by Enzo Ferrari; 15 Mar 13,, 03:54.

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
          I love pure statistics, they are excelent, specially without any context. Do you know who was the greates mass murderer in history? Cain.

At the time, there were 4 people alive: Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel. Cain killed Abel, which means he killed 1/4th of the world population!

Statistics.
          Therefore, Mr. Mao was more humane than Cain.

Statistics.

Comment

Let me get this straight, may I quoted a phrase which fully express my idea.
            I'm telling you to wake up and smell the coffee. Hong Kong belongs to China whether the Hong Kong Yen likes it or not and frankly nobody else cares, not even White Hall.

Hong Kong belongs to China. Live with it. Everybody else have.
            Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 15 Mar 13,, 04:15.

Comment

I'm telling you to wake up and smell the coffee. Hong Kong belongs to China whether the Hong Kong Yen likes it or not and frankly nobody else cares, not even White Hall.

Hong Kong belongs to China. Live with it. Everybody else have.
              Sir

I would like to reports that the leaders of CCP also needs wake up and smell the coffee.

It is ironic China take over the physical territory of Hong Kong, the vast foreign reserve of Hong Kong, but they don't trust her people, always conceive Hong Konger's "mind" NOT returned to their motherland.
              Last edited by Enzo Ferrari; 15 Mar 13,, 04:34.

Comment

It is ironic China take over the physical territory of Hong Kong, the vast foreign reserve of Hong Kong, but they don't trust her people, always conceive Hong Konger's "mind" NOT returned to their motherland.
                So what?

Your food depends on China. Your water depends on China. They have you by the balls and they know it. You should too.

Comment

Sir.

I would like to report that Hong Kong also as only international finanical centre in Asia. Also, the only realistic door to export their(The CCP Officers') capitals, investment, money laundering(Oh! I had enclose Chinese national secret),..... etc.

I will never ever feel ashamed of the colonial history of Hong Kong. Losing Hong Kong was bad to China hundred years ago. However, during the colonial period, we had set up a fair legal system, competitive business environment and great management skills which benefited China a lot when it adopted the open policy back in the late 70's or early 80's. Why the hell should we feel ashamed? These factors are so vital to China when it first sees the world again after many years of Cultural Revolution.

We simply make peace with our past. We have got the valour to face our past, but the (okay some)Chinese haven't got the courage to face theirs.
                  Last edited by Enzo Ferrari; 15 Mar 13,, 04:49.

Comment

I would like to report that Hong Kong also as only international finanical centre in Asia. Also, the only realistic door to export their(The CCP Officers') capitals, investment, money laundering(Oh! I had enclose Chinese national secret),..... etc.
                    Have news for you. They found the Camen Islands.

I will never ever feel ashamed of the colonial history of Hong Kong. Losing Hong Kong was bad to China hundred years ago. However, during the colonial period, we had set up a fair legal system, competitive business environment and great management skills which benefited China a lot when it adopted the open policy back in the late 70's or early 80's. Why the hell should we feel ashamed? These factors are so vital to China when it first sees the world again after many years of Cultural Revolution.
                    Nobody is asking you to be ashamed of anything or to ignore your past but that is NOT going to make your life any easier. You want to have a better legal system? Study CHINESE law. Not British.

Comment

We Hong Kongers, When did you become a representative for all Hong Kongers? For all the talk about democratic in HK, one thing I find so strange is that some people just never respect the fact that there are many different opinions within HK.
                      Last edited by kyli; 15 Mar 13,, 04:51.

Comment

No, the view is that there is no way in hell could you stop the Chinese from taking HK.
                        Sir, I understand that which is why I said that the Chinese Government would have to willingly accept Hong Kong's 'right' to self determination. Clearly this most unlikely.

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                        so what would be the view of a non 'idiot' & what would they be able to do about it?
                        I disagree with the so called 'mandarins' at the FCO about many things, mostly down to their EU infatuation and their disregard of the 'Commonwealth Office' part of their title.

Comment

Hi, this is my first post in this forum, in any forum attually, so I hope I don't make a fool of myshelf.

Anyway, after 1997, I think talking about HK returning british rule is of no use now, that will only enhance the distrust of the chinese goverment, if the people of HK wants to ensure future developement and prosperity, the whole of China must develope with it, that inculdes freedom, rights etc.If China is not free yet, HK will not be totally free too.

That is not to say people in HK should start promoting democracy in mainland now, that will only make things worst, but I just want to say democractic development in HK will have to take in account the democractic development in mainland too.After all HK is China now

Hope I make sense

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            I disagree with the so called 'mandarins' at the FCO about many things, mostly down to their EU infatuation and their disregard of the 'Commonwealth Office' part of their title.
                            That isn't even sort of an answer Snapper. Your low opinion of Whitehall was obvious, quite how that connected to the handover of Hong Kong is not. Having floated the fankly fanciful idea of a referendum that might somehow return Hong Kong to Britain you then said:

We had a lease... the leasehold ran out peacefully. Britain has no legal claim anymore - 'not my problem'. That I assure you will be the view of the idiots in Whitehall.
                            I want to know what the view of a 'non-idiot' would be (I'm presuming you put yourself in that category) and what practical difference this view would make to the way Whitehall implements policy on Hong Kong. Calling people 'idiots' is just about the easiest thing in the world to do. Positing a credible alternative policy that might actually be carried out in the real world is a lot harder. You took the cheap shot. Do you have anything else to offer?
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                              Calling people 'idiots' is just about the easiest thing in the world to do.
                              It really is, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                                It really is, is it not?
                                You are baiting here. My unsolicited advice... return to the appropriate thread and - if possible - defend your viewpoint with indisputable facts.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X