China Militancy and Nationalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
    I'm from MH, the free-est, richest state in India. I still think we're way overpopulated. An India with 500-600 million people would have been much more prosperous, if only the other 600 million would go poof. Sadly, we aren't Mao that we can kill a few ten millions without blinking an eye.
    That's typical.

"Well, son, you see our situation is pretty shitty. But at least we never had Mao as our leader"

"But dad, why do the villagers living in the next town call themselves Maoists?"

"Someone is gonna get hurt real bad !!!"

Comment

I'm from MH, the free-est, richest state in India. I still think we're way overpopulated. An India with 500-600 million people would have been much more prosperous, if only the other 600 million would go poof. Sadly, we aren't Mao that we can kill a few ten millions without blinking an eye.
      Bit surprised you see your countrymen and women as a weight down to your country's 'prosperity', yet coming from the richest and free-est state in India, that is second most populous one.

600 mil going poof? that's every 2nd Indian gone. So if you have only a brother or a sister, that means you stay he/she gone.
      Since you think it's for the best, whom would you choose to stay, your mother or your father?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
        You are being hilarious. You think China needs anyone living in the farm to cheer her up?

Have you checked the scoreboard in the past 10 years?
        Right, I forgot that economic growth is a football game with scoreboards . Alright, let's go with that simplistic notion so you can follow. If your "score" is a 10-0 against whoever, why are you still being a cheerleader? You shouldn't do this stuff for free, if your govt is willing to pay you 50 cents a post.

Comment

That's typical.

"Well, son, you see our situation is pretty shitty. But at least we never had Mao as our leader"

"But dad, why do the villagers living in the next town call themselves Maoists?"

"Someone is gonna get hurt real bad !!!"
          Lmao, keep it up. Someday you'll learn that the Maoists in India have nothing to do with Mao. And Russel Peters is so 2000s. Try Asif Mandvi if you're looking for a good comedian of Indian origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Bit surprised you see your countrymen and women as a weight down to your country's 'prosperity', yet coming from the richest and free-est state in India, that is second most populous one.

600 mil going poof? that's every 2nd Indian gone. So if you have only a brother or a sister, that means you stay he/she gone.
            Since you think it's for the best, whom would you choose to stay, your mother or your father?
            The "sadly" was meant to be sarcasm, and a jab at some of the obvious trolls here. I certainly don't want to massacre 600 million of my own countrymen. I do, however, want the population growth rates to decrease drastically, even more than they have decreased thus far.

Comment

Right, I forgot that economic growth is a football game with scoreboards . Alright, let's go with that simplistic notion so you can follow. If your "score" is a 10-0 against whoever, why are you still being a cheerleader? You shouldn't do this stuff for free, if your govt is willing to pay you 50 cents a post.
              LOL, who's talking about economic growth or building toilets? I was talking about gang rape rates.

China is seriously behind. We have a lot of catch up to do.

Comment

Lmao, keep it up. Someday you'll learn that the Maoists in India have nothing to do with Mao. And Russel Peters is so 2000s. Try Asif Mandvi if you're looking for a good comedian of Indian origin.
                So the reason Indians call themselves Maoists is because they are clueless?

Slow news day?

Comment

LOL, who's talking about economic growth or building toilets? I was talking about gang rape rates.

Absolutely. I agree with you that China has to catch up a lot on free press and exposing the severely under-reported sexual exploitation by CCP officials. Get back to me when you can protest gangrape without getting rolled over by a tank.

Comment

So the reason Indians call themselves Maoists is because they are clueless?
                    Pretty much yes. Anybody with half a brain wouldn't call themselves a Maoist. Do you claim yourself to be one?

Comment

Anyways, this is the exact kind of trolling I wanted to avoid when I decided to join this board. I've had enough of brainless trolls elsewhere on the internet. Welcome to my ignore list.

Comment

Anyways, this is the exact kind of trolling I wanted to avoid when I decided to join this board. I've had enough of brainless trolls elsewhere on the internet. Welcome to my ignore list.
                        ditto. I am also putting cdude on my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                          ditto. I am also putting cdude on my ignore list.
                          Good, two internet warriors from the sub-continent rage quit on one thread

wait, my number 1 fan, blademister stopped following me? NOooooo

Comment

Your last warning. Vacation to follow.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post

Bro while we have a so-called middle class (not affluent, but decent standard of living, kids in school, couple of two-wheelers, a car, mostly double income families) which is maybe 50 million bigger than the entire population of the United States, its equally true that we have an impoverished population numbering 800 million, for which we need to at least provide the basics as a country.

What constitutes basics for us would be a roof over the head, food to eat (at least 2 full meals a day), clean drinking water, primary healthcare, maternal and child health (including mainly institutional dliveries and basic universal immunization), gainful employment for at least one adult per household, and a school education for every child under the age of 16 (inclusive of uniform, books and mid-day meals).

I think we have the resources to provide all of the above, the programs in place, but what lacks is the reach and execution. Due to variety of reasons.

I have never ever entertained thoughts of any miraculous lowering of our population burden. Simply ways to provide for them to a level where they cease to be a burden and become an asset, and ways to prevent adding to that burden in an unsustainable manner. Namely bringing kids into this world in an uncontrolled manner when you cannot provide for them.
                              Last edited by doppelganger; 09 May 13,, 10:11.

Comment

I'm from MH, the free-est, richest state in India. I still think we're way overpopulated.
                                What is the basis for using the 'over' qualifier ? Shift our people over to small European countries that have never had many people to begin with and i can see how 'over' starts to apply.

But India and China have always been populated. It did not happen over night. We have more than one growing season and fertile soil. We could not have gotten this way if we were unable to feed those people. You can see the limits appearing if you consider how many children people want to have. Two is a very common figure. In my grandparents time 10-15 was a common figure. It isn't conceivable to have 15 kids today yet earlier there was nothing remarkable about it.

These two countries, spent most of their lives outside the world's history books. Never had to go grabbing resources from other countries. Very content to think the whole universe revolved around them. But these two countries are not interested in being merely middling powers, they want to be great powers. Time to get the thinking right.

An India with 500-600 million people would have been much more prosperous, if only the other 600 million would go poof. Sadly, we aren't Mao that we can kill a few ten millions without blinking an eye.
                                If you think we're over populated to begin with then you don't have to think about how to put those people to use isn't it. No need to worry about creating opportunity for those people. Its basically a con & a cop out rolled into one. Too many people, sorry gotta bump some off before we see any improvement.

Over populated was the mantra yesterday, now a days its demographic dividend. We thought we were over populated because our growth rates were low. Then things changed. How is it possible to grow over two decades if we have too many people. We should be shrinking instead. What you said is very common sentiment, what i don't understand is why so many people willingly swallow & parrot what some English monk said over two hundred years ago. Lot more people around today compared to then but Malthus still has his adherents.

I thought micro-finance was an incredible idea in the right direction but its seems to have gotten a bad rep since. Some people don't like the high interest rates being charged but the recovery rate has been very good. Very surprised this did not take off as expected.

Neither of our countries are endowed with enormous natural resources. Our only bankable resources are our people. We have a young median age, young people are what fuels our growth. What are we going to do with them. Countries that don't want to grow whine about their people or immigrants.

Rupert Murdoch in a speech given back in 2008 said, in the next 25 years there will be 2 billion people around the world entering the middle class. How do we respond to that. 'We' in this context referred to australian industry. But it could have meant any industry or govt.

Comment

Working...
                                X