China Militancy and Nationalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RollingWave View Post
    That is a viable view, though a pessimistic one, I'm not sure i'm that pessimistic, they need to fire get the rule of law thing down certainly, after that things maybe a bit easier.
    Its not only pessimistic its actually quite cynical

One thing Chinese excel at is killing other Chinese. Whenever a major disagreement arises they start nuking themselves.

There is a history here that bears testament. They don't want unrest because its results will be uncontrollable and therefore unpredictable and if history serves any guide the casualties (the predictable bit) will be off the charts from a non-Chinese pov.

I doubt a lot of Chinese would be enamoured with democracy given those stark potential consequences. This has nothing to do with being afraid of saying anything against the CCP in public or to foreign journalists. They are afraid to entrust themselves with more freedom. China is an artificial construct, coming together, breaking apart, coming together, breaking apart and so on over 2000 years. Cultural revolution was supposed to break down the differences and make everybody more or less the same. Was that shock treatment enough ?

This is a fundamental existential issue for them.

How do you advocate more freedom with such a track record ? How to show THIS time it will be different.

Will there be a 'China' after ?

Originally posted by RollingWave View Post
    It should also note that it's easier for Nationlistic youth to talk crap when

A. thats one of the few crap they say that won't get censored
    B. they're not obliged to put their own safety in the line of fire.
    Same with 'nationalists' elsewhere.

The kind that are blind or incapable of self-criticism to quote Verses.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
      By that logic, if ten million Americans watch a Youtube video of Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda must have ten million sleeper agents in the U.S.? :wors:
      What is your point? Mr. Wong never made declaration of war to the ordinary Chinese civilians.

Comment

That watching something on YT doesn't make you a follower or supporter.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

As i think of this CCP appeasing nationalists meme it starts to sound less credible.

CCP does not want to be in a position to appease anybody.

These nationalists can be the CCP's greatest ally and flip side is they can turn into the harshest critics.

The latter is opening a backdoor to dissent by other interested groups. They cannot allow any group to do that no matter what.

If other people do not matter why should nationalists matter more. That to, to the point where they can make CCP do things it would not have otherwise done.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 04 May 13,, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Ferrari View Post
            What is your point? Mr. Wong never made declaration of war to the ordinary Chinese civilians.
            As Doktor pointed out. I hope you've finally realized that gauging political support isn't just easy as tallying Internet statistics.

And calling Wong an expert China watcher is like declaring Alex Jones to be America's preeminent political commentator. Neither have any qualifications or recognitions of being so.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

One thing Chinese excel at is killing other Chinese. Whenever a major disagreement arises they start nuking themselves.

There is a history here that bears testament. They don't want unrest because its results will be uncontrollable and therefore unpredictable and if history serves any guide the casualties (the predictable bit) will be off the charts from a non-Chinese pov.

I doubt a lot of Chinese would be enamoured with democracy given those stark potential consequences. This has nothing to do with being afraid of saying anything against the CCP in public or to foreign journalists. They are afraid to entrust themselves with more freedom. China is an artificial construct, coming together, breaking apart, coming together, breaking apart and so on over 2000 years. Cultural revolution was supposed to break down the differences and make everybody more or less the same. Was that shock treatment enough ?

How do you advocate more freedom with such a track record ? How to show THIS time it will be different.

Singapore's managed to get the rule of law down, more or less. It's not exactly a very free society either.

Comment

Singapore's managed to get the rule of law down, more or less. It's not exactly a very free society either.
                You can watch the entire city state of Singapore from a high building.
                China looks a bit bigger on the map.
                Those who know don't speak
                He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

If there is a will, there is a way. USA is almost same size on the map as China.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Same with 'nationalists' elsewhere.

The kind that are blind or incapable of self-criticism to quote Verses.
                    That is an outsider romanticism of a China collapse.

Yes we are good at killing each other because there are just too many of ourselves, we can perhaps do better without two or three hundred million Chinese (no it's not a joke and that might sound heartless, but ask any Chinese and they might tell you the same thing with a straight face).
                    The reason why China went through so much upheaval and turmoil, esp during the civil war, is exactly because there is a very strong sense of unity, and nationalism, that they felt it is impossible to continue as a nation or civilization if it has to be fractured and divided

I'm already a banana myself, but I still have a healthy amount of pride and nationalism shared with China.

Freedom? Oh hell yea I'm loving it. But how do you manage and provide freedom for 1 billion+ poor and uneducated people?

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    =*= FLASH =*=

KIWIS INVADE CHINA

=*= FLASH =*=

HMNZS Te Mana entered Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour this week, meeting only token resistance (the Star Ferry was crossing from Central to TST). The pride of New Zealand summoned city leaders on board last night and ensured their unstinting cooperation by means of an intimidating haka.

Those showing a willingness to accept the inevitable (your correspondent was among that number) were rewarded with traditional foods and drink, including a lovely pinot noir and a quenching Tui.
                    I'd always thought the Haka is a traditional dance with message of love and peace presented in an intimidating way, boy was I wrong :red:

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    If there is a will, there is a way. USA is almost same size on the map as China.
                    Quite different population spread and density though
                    Last edited by paintgun; 05 May 13,, 03:44.

Comment

A Shift in the Goals of China’s Rich Abroad - China Real Time Report - WSJ

"Three out of five wealthy mainland Chinese are looking to immigrate out of China while another third own investments abroad, Bain said in its “China Private Wealth Report, 2013,” based on a survey conducted earlier this year of 3,300 “high-net-worth individuals” with at least 10 million yuan (US$1.6 million) in investable assets."

The future of Elite Chinese, in fact, at the West(ern Countries).

Why do the Elite Chinese wish to leave China?

Take your pick–poor air quality, bird flu, HYPER-Corruption, political uncertainty, dangerous trains, lack of property rights, fake everything, prisonous milk…why would you even wanna be near China?
                      Last edited by Enzo Ferrari; 08 May 13,, 02:06.

Comment

As Doktor pointed out. I hope you've finally realized that gauging political support isn't just easy as tallying Internet statistics.

And calling Wong an expert China watcher is like declaring Alex Jones to be America's preeminent political commentator. Neither have any qualifications or recognitions of being so.
                        I just share a typical EXAMPLE of Chinese public opinion. You should blame and damn the CCP(NOT me) to enclosing or containing the freedom of speech, the freedom of expression from Chinese citizens/netizens, make curious person(like me) , to analysis the Chinese stituation by such an inappropriate way.

Comment

A Shift in the Goals of China’s Rich Abroad - China Real Time Report - WSJ

"Three out of five wealthy mainland Chinese are looking to immigrate out of China while another third own investments abroad, Bain said in its “China Private Wealth Report, 2013,” based on a survey conducted earlier this year of 3,300 “high-net-worth individuals” with at least 10 million yuan (US$1.6 million) in investable assets."

The future of Elite Chinese, in fact, at the West(ern Countries).

Why do the Elite Chinese wish to leave China?

Take your pick–poor air quality, bird flu, HYPER-Corruption, political uncertainty, dangerous trains, lack of property rights, fake everything, prisonous milk…why would you even wanna be near China?
                          Because China is awesome? I went back last summer, drove 100 miles away from any major cities and China looks every bit of a future superpower. Freeways are on par with the interstate here in the US. High speed railways and stations are fucking amazing. Farmers living in remote villages own cars, run awesome restaurants.
                          Overall the country is oozing with energy. New private companies everywhere, guys are doing all kinds of innovations. Internet shopping? Same-day delivery. Food safety, not a problem. Never had any issue.

But it's also true that if you decided to be an internet shitdigger, you can dig up all kinds of negative shit on any country. Especially for a huge, developing one like China.

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                            Because China is awesome? I went back last summer, drove 100 miles away from any major cities and China looks every bit of a future superpower. Freeways are on par with the interstate here in the US. High speed railways and stations are fucking amazing. Farmers living in remote villages own cars, run awesome restaurants.
                            Overall the country is oozing with energy. New private companies everywhere, guys are doing all kinds of innovations. Internet shopping? Same-day delivery. Food safety, not a problem. Never had any issue.

But it's also true that if you decided to be an internet shitdigger, you can dig up all kinds of negative shit on any country. Especially for a huge, developing one like China.
                            You should personally reply to the researcher named Jennifer Zeng, not to me, as I am NOT the leader of PRC, as also I do NOT have the right to choose the leader of PRC.

I forgot to remind you that a past power named Germany under a forever villain named Adolf Hilter were also ".....Freeways are on par with the interstate here in the US. High speed railways and stations are fucking amazing(until a serious accident...... where Japan and France which both running smoothly for decades, big deal). Farmers living in remote villages own cars, run awesome restaurants. Overall the country is oozing with energy. New private companies everywhere, guys are doing all kinds of innovations. Food safety, not a problem. Never had any issue. "

..... until the date of 1st September, 1939.
                            Last edited by Enzo Ferrari; 08 May 13,, 03:33.

Comment

You should personally reply to the researcher named Jennifer Zeng, not to me, as I am NOT the leader of PRC, as also I do NOT have the right to choose of the leader of PRC.

I forgot to remind you Germany under a forever villian named Adolf Hilter were also "Freeways are on par with the interstate here in the US. High speed railways and stations are fucking amazing. Farmers living in remote villages own cars, run awesome restaurants. Overall the country is oozing with energy. New private companies everywhere, guys are doing all kinds of innovations. Internet shopping? Same-day delivery. Food safety, not a problem. Never had any issue. "

..... until the date of 1st September, 1939.
                              You are full of shit. Nazi Germany had same-day delivery internet shopping?

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                                You are full of shit.
                                I think this is the first instance that we see an actual pot calling a kettle black. Amazing. Quick call the media!

Comment

Working...
                                X