Shun US and Japan, Chinese Colonel warns Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, from the report:

It is amply clear that there is a strong correlation between differentials in Hindu-Muslims female literacy levels and differentials in TFR. Those states and union territories with lower Muslim TFR invariably have higher Muslim female literacy. And those states with high Muslim fertility compared to Hindus have
    very low female literacy levels compared to Hindus. Thus, a major reduction in fertility through social development seems to be a strong possibility in at least some of the northern and eastern parts of India. Female education could be an important influencing variable in fertility transition among the Muslims, if we are keen on reducing their fertility levels to the replacement level target the National Population Policy, 2000.

Hindu-Muslim demographic conflict has been created partly by non-demographers predicting that ‘Indian religionists’ – Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and tribes – will become a minority in the next five decades within ‘India’ with the recent publication of Religious Demography of India though the authors purposively include Pakistan and Bangladesh in their rhetoric [Joshi et al 2003]. Despite their higher growth rates, the population projections by religion indicates that Muslims will add fewer people in absolute numbers, compared to Hindus in the next 50 years, owing to their smaller population base.
    Also from the report"
    States All Religion Hindus Muslims
    CBR TFR CBR TFR CBR TFR
    Rajasthan 32.1 4.2 31.1 4.1 35.5 4.8
    Uttar Pradesh 31.4 4.4 31.4 4.1 35.5 4.8
    Bihar 33.4 4.5 33.6 4.5 37.4 5.1

Conclusion, its lack of social development, illiteracy and fertility transition in the states with the highest fertility rates that is the culprit, not religion, as removed from these factors, Hindu and Muslim TFRs are comparable.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
      Heh, from the report:

Also from the report"
      States All Religion Hindus Muslims
      CBR TFR CBR TFR CBR TFR
      Rajasthan 32.1 4.2 31.1 4.1 35.5 4.8
      Uttar Pradesh 31.4 4.4 31.4 4.1 35.5 4.8
      Bihar 33.4 4.5 33.6 4.5 37.4 5.1

Conclusion, its lack of social development, illiteracy and fertility transition in the states with the highest fertility rates that is the culprit, not religion, as removed from these factors, Hindu and Muslim TFRs are comparable.
      So let me see. It is the fault of the Hindu for making his girl literate.

And by unspoken apologist implication, also somehow the fault of the Hindu for the Muslim not educating his girl child.

And since Hindus make up 85% of the national population, the Hindu should skip a generation or 5 of procreation.

So that he can wait for the smaller Muslim population base to catch up.

Did I get the gist of your argument?
      Last edited by doppelganger; 09 May 13,, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
        Did I get the gist of your argument?
        I am quoting your own report back at you. Its not my argument, its yours.

Here is my argument : fertility rates are affected more by economic and social development than by religion. You want to cure the high fertility problem - bring in large scale educational and social reform.

Are rural bihari muslims worse of in TFR than rural bihari hindus? Of course they are, probably because they are more mired in their religious and social issues than the hindus are. However, they are both worse off than the muslims in MH.

What does that tell you?
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
          I am quoting your own report back at you. Its not my argument, its yours.
          And I am replying to the basis of your argument propped up on the part of the report you chose to quote.

Here is my argument : fertility rates are affected more by economic and social development than by religion. You want to cure the high fertility problem - bring in large scale educational and social reform.
          1) Economic and social development are directly affected by religion.

2) Wrt bringing in large scale educational and socila reform - you can bring the khacchar (mule) to the water, you cannot make him drink. Think Sharia. Think Madrasas. Think Burqa and Mahram. India provides a right to education and free schooling for its kids. India does not and cannot go into their homes and pull them to school.

Are rural bihari muslims worse of in TFR than rural bihari hindus? Of course they are, probably because they are more mired in their religious and social issues than the hindus are. However, they are both worse off than the muslims in MH.
          You've answered it. The Muslim will always be backward because he wants to be. Because his leaders want him to be. And because Hindu leaders want the Muslim leaders to keep them that way. When you move with the herd without a mind of your own, you will run yourself off a cliff if that's where the herd is herded.

What does that tell you?
          That for a given set of social, economic, and political environmental conditions, the Muslim will always trail the common average.

Both the Bihari Hindu and Muslim are worse off than the Muslims in Maharshtra.

But what you conveniently forgot to mention is that the Muslim is Maharashtra is worse off than the Hindu there.

Comment

And I am replying to the basis of your argument propped up on the part of the report you chose to quote.
            Its a report you posted. It does not matter which part I choose to quote. You refer a report - you stand up to whatever is in there. Maybe you should have found a report that directly addressed your beliefs then?

1) Economic and social development are directly affected by religion.

2) Wrt bringing in large scale educational and socila reform - you can bring the khacchar (mule) to the water, you cannot make him drink. Think Sharia. Think Madrasas. Think Burqa and Mahram. India provides a right to education and free schooling for its kids. India does not and cannot go into their homes and pull them to school.
            India should. Else it is a violation of the Right to Education. Those kids are not making the decision to stay at home themselves.

That for a given set of social, economic, and political environmental conditions, the Muslim will always trail the common average.

Both the Bihari Hindu and Muslim are worse off than the Muslims in Maharshtra.

But what you conveniently forgot to mention is that the Muslim is Maharashtra is worse off than the Hindu there.
            The reason is simple, even within seemingly same social, economic, and political environmental conditions, its actually not the same. The family that strictly enforces the tenets of their religion stay backward. The family that does not moves forward.

I have a problem with religion as a whole. Us godless atheists and agnostics tend to do better on the social progressiveness scale.

Anyway, we might be derailing this thread...

Comment

Working...
            X