Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korean Rocket tests

BBC News - North Korea rocket 'has 10,000km range'

Any thoughts on the recent rocket launch by North Korea? South Korean authorities who recovered pieces of it are now reporting it has the range to reach the continental U.S. and I'd also have to imagine Australia where the U.S. is developing facilities as well. Could this just be exaggerating by a nervous South Korea to try to get the U.S. to increase pressure on N. Korea or does it seem likely? At around 1300 lb would this be enough to carry one of the nuclear devices N Korea has developed? And if Iran has been involved in this launch as has also been reported how likely is it that they will obtain this rocket?

I doubt that it could carry a current DPRK nuke (which would probably be around the size of Fat Man). And certainly not take the full 1300 lb payload to the CONUS.

And as for Iran, they already can launch satellites and they probably wouldn't find too much military utility from a liquid fueled ICBM the size of that DPRK rocket.

Comment

but it does show they are improving
      "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

I don't believe for a second that North Korea are building nuclear weapons and ballistics for the purpose of directly bombing the US, or anyone else for that matter.
        What I do fear, however, is the potential for NK to sell these weapons to terrorists and wealthy extremist groups for large amounts of capital, oil, or other energy resources.
        What these groups do with these dangerous weapons is another story....

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
          BBC News - North Korea rocket 'has 10,000km range'

Any thoughts on the recent rocket launch by North Korea? South Korean authorities who recovered pieces of it are now reporting it has the range to reach the continental U.S. and I'd also have to imagine Australia where the U.S. is developing facilities as well. Could this just be exaggerating by a nervous South Korea to try to get the U.S. to increase pressure on N. Korea or does it seem likely? At around 1300 lb would this be enough to carry one of the nuclear devices N Korea has developed? And if Iran has been involved in this launch as has also been reported how likely is it that they will obtain this rocket?
          Have any of the DPRK ICBM class missiles every actually worked and not broke apart?

Comment

Working...
          X