No announcement yet.

The true face of Communist Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linh_My... you have relationship/history with Vietnam that is in short supply here. Don't hesitate to expand on your experiences and insights. Open and honest exchange is how we all learn about foreign realities and perspectives.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
      Linh_My... you have relationship/history with Vietnam that is in short supply here. Don't hesitate to expand on your experiences and insights. Open and honest exchange is how we all learn about foreign realities and perspectives.
      Actually, I expect that Israel has a lot more knowledge of and experience with Viet Nam than almost anyone realizes. Check out Vietnam People's Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and you will see that Israel is in third place as supplier to the Vietnamese Army right behind India and Russia. I'd love to find out more about that angle. So, I might learn more from you as an Israeli military professional than you learn from me as a broken down old retired Sargent.

Comment

Although Israel may indeed have a good relationship with Vietnam, my military portfolio is bereft of any experience or knowledge in this area.

Edit:
        Originally posted by Linh_My View Post
        ASo, I might learn more from you as an Israeli military professional than you learn from me as a broken down old retired Sargent.
        As everyone knows, sergeant's are the backbone of any competent military.
        Last edited by Minskaya; 14 Oct 13,, 11:24. Reason: added edit
        sigpic

Comment

Minskaya

Perhaps, you know something about the upgraded T-54/55 that Israel has come up with. My understanding is that they are essentially stripped down to the hull and almost every thing else is current technology. This is also a subject that i find interesting and know little about.

Comment

Originally posted by Linh_My View Post
            Minskaya

Perhaps, you know something about the upgraded T-54/55 that Israel has come up with. My understanding is that they are essentially stripped down to the hull and almost every thing else is current technology. This is also a subject that i find interesting and know little about.
            I am Air Corps. Perhaps bigross86 (IDF Armored/Merkava) could shed some light on that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
              I am Air Corps. Perhaps bigross86 (IDF Armored/Merkava) could shed some light on that.
              Thank you. I have sent a message with some links to bigross86 on getting Military Professional added to my profile.

For others who may know something,

List of equipment of the Vietnam People's Ground Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In 2006, Israel reported to the United Nations Register Organization of Conventional Arms (UNROCA) that had been sold to Vietnam two light armored vehicles (LAV). Currently, a number of Israeli companies won the bid and are involved in testing some upgraded T-54/55 tanks in total to 850 T-54/55 Vietnam. Israel's program includes upgrading armor, night vision system and a fire control system upgrade (produced in Poland)."

Comment

Working...
              X