Seek tactic analysis on this China Army "Amphibious assault"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be dated but....

With the MILES gear you also had a a card deck.

Here is the official description

MEDIA: Card Decks
    SYNOPSIS: Supersedes GTA 8-11-5. Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES). Standard size card (2-1/2" x 3-1/2"). Unit of issue is 1 box of 5 decks which can be used more than once. These 5 decks of 100 cards each standard size playing cards are an effective training tool for supporting medical tasks conducted during force-on-force training at hoem station and/or a Combat Training Center. The front of the card shows the casualty/diagnosis while the back of the card describes casualty information for the medic and information for the controller. Casualty categories per deck are as follows: KIA Killed In Action; LU Lying Unconscious; L Lie (down); W Walk (talk); RTD Return to Duty. The above categories are repeated throughout the 5 decks. NOTE: Three sets of 100 cards must be used if more than 200 personnel are participating in the exercise simultaneously. The image is a representation and not a true image.

The casualty could move out of an obvious danger area but pretty much had to do whatever the card said.

We then followed ROE which stated how quickly we had to get certain to medical care (aid station or med company) in order to keep the patient "alive".

I am pretty sure they have gotten a little more creative on this.
    Attached Files
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Its sick that you remembered those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        Its sick that you remembered those things.
        I have #421 on the wall of my cubicle because my battalion comamnder gave it me in 1986. He said it was a perfect for me since the wound was 'PENETRATING WOUND OF THE FOREHEAD; BRAIN DAMAGE'. He took one look at the card and yelled across the TOC, "Hey 4! (I was the S4 at the time) I already picked out the perfect one for you! This way the OCs will ALWAYS think you are following the rules on the card!"

I think that is the only time I got away with flipping the bird to a LTC when I was a CPT.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Good answer.

Now whats you excuse for that DA Pam 385-63 in your desk drawer?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Good answer.

Now whats you excuse for that DA Pam 385-63 in your desk drawer?

Damn!!! Busted!!! And I thought since they repealed DADT if I his it inside of a Playgirl no one would find my p0rn stash!
            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
              How do they do it in the USA with MILES? The layman perspective would be, "you are a casualty. Lie down and stop moving." If the casualty is in a dangerous place, like a beach, I'd have them move purposefully and openly to a designated area, a "mort" box. And to be realistic, some percentage of them must be wounded, requiring care and assistance.

The purple smoke is silly in that anyone with binocs could look for clusters of smoke and rightly assume there are others there still alive, and report that location to heavy weapons squads and the like, for a bit more attention.
              Well if the PRC wanted to train its artillery to hit US medivac LZ's..... its perfect for that type of training.

Comment

Here is another ex conducted last night...... afternoon soft'em up, might time assault

This time involving elements from four different MRs.
                Attached Files
                “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

////////
                  Attached Files
                  “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

nnnnnnnnn
                      Attached Files

Comment

Still say the message is meant for local consumption by Vietnam and the Philippines.

Comment

Wouldn't the "message" more likely be directed at Taiwan? I can't see the need for large scale amphibious landings in the Spratlys. Correct me if I'm wrong but even the largest of those Islands would not require more than a company or so of troops to occupy and most would be "crowded" if you tried landing two MP'S in a canoe!
                          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                            Wouldn't the "message" more likely be directed at Taiwan? I can't see the need for large scale amphibious landings in the Spratlys. Correct me if I'm wrong but even the largest of those Islands would not require more than a company or so of troops to occupy and most would be "crowded" if you tried landing two MP'S in a canoe!
                            This is why I think the Spratly's and not Taiwan is the issue.
                            A. Tensions between the Chinas are low right now, both semi-united against Japan in that island dispute. Why rock the boat?
                            B. The RoC military would laugh at the thought of being invaded by guys using RIBBS.
                            C. The military region in question is the one next to the MR that covers the Spratly's, close enough to send a message but not direct fuel on the fire with the PRC/Philipines fishing dispute that might force the US to take notice.
                            D. Yes the Spratly's are small, underwater except for some man made platforms. But the idea isn't to show how you would invade a rock at low tide, but how you can land an occupation force of light infantry and armor on any shore you choose.
                            E. If the message was aimed at the JSDF, they would have the same reaction as the RoC, "ribbs, are you kidding me?". The target has to one where the PLA/PLAN is able to install some fear and awe which means small weak neighbors not rich powerful pones.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              I have #421 on the wall of my cubicle

See....told ya!
                              Attached Files
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                                Because not everything China does is aimed at the US, Taiwan or Japan... I am going to throw a twist in here and take it back to the initial question. If I am Vietnam or the Philippines this is a demonstrated ability [and threat] to put armor supported light infantry ashore in the Spratly's and do so quickly. Assuming the training was done in the day to get the photos, but the actual operation would be at night. This would explain the overall lack of air and helo support, the special infantry, using ribbs to get sappers ashore quickly and the use of light armor.
                                Politically, you are right. But for me, this ex still does not make sense. Spratlys have no beach and surrounded by sea wall which those tanks could not scale. Main defense structure is underground bunker complex armed with portable infantry weapons (AA, AT missile, recoilless rifle and automatic grenade launcher) which allow troops to pop up anywhere inside an island. The key of the battle will be decided by the ability of landing commandos to quickly locate, infiltrate and neutralize those bunkers. Those amphibious assault guns would probably have to float outside and provide a very limited support.

Comment

Working...
                                X