No announcement yet.

India: Democracy Soaked In Blood Of Her Own People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US State Department report titled “Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2011” amply covers the extra judicial killings and torture by Indian security forces and insurgents all over India. Specific incidents have also been quoted explaining such horrific acts. Previous reports also indicate more or less the same things.

You guys may like to scan through the executive summary to find out the truth.

Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2011

Comment

What is your freaking point?

Comment

Hey, I asked that first
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          Hey, I asked that first
          Sorry Doc, I got in first. Right there in the second post.

Four pages & still nothing much beyond a bit of propagandizing. This could actually be a fascinating subject. Some of our Indian posters have made some interesing contributions. Sadly the OP still doesn't feel the need to tell us why this thread exists except as a vehicle to take a few swipes at India.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

BF, you are right.

Well, at least we are not alone.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              This could actually be a fascinating subject.
              Maybe you should hijack this thread towards that direction then

What's on your mind ?

Sadly the OP still doesn't feel the need to tell us why this thread exists except as a vehicle to take a few swipes at India.
              I'm not holding my breath, OP's had 4 go's already.

Comment

Four pages & still nothing much beyond a bit of propagandizing. This could actually be a fascinating subject. Some of our Indian posters have made some interesing contributions. Sadly the OP still doesn't feel the need to tell us why this thread exists except as a vehicle to take a few swipes at India.
                Probably I have not been able to explain myself appropriately. I may not be good enough to do it. And I am not really taking swipe at India – this is not the idea at all.

What I want to say is that merely being a democratic country, big or small, is not the mantra of solving the problems of good governance. After all US and Canada are big and democratic. They have multi-religious, multi-ethnic and multi-cultural societies. Yet such problems do not exist in these countries.

I will give you the example of Quebec in Canada. French speaking populace in Quebec want an independent Quebec. They have a civilized way to deal with it. They held referendum and those who wanted freedom lost the vote. This is democracy at its best. Why don’t we hear of an armed freedom movement in Canada. Do we see the Canadian security forces brutalizing those who seek freedom. NO. This is what civilized countries do.

Chinese brutalize the Tibetans. In Pakistan the security forces carryout human rights violations. It happens in other parts of the world as well. Why can’t the solutions be discussed to such problems. By posting this OpEd, I didn’t take a swipe at India. I just thought that highlighting such an issue may help us to reach some conclusions which may be helpful for the people of these countries where such oppression takes place.

Please don’t get angry with me :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tinu View Post
                  I will give you the example of Quebec in Canada. French speaking populace in Quebec want an independent Quebec. They have a civilized way to deal with it. They held referendum and those who wanted freedom lost the vote. This is democracy at its best. Why don’t we hear of an armed freedom movement in Canada. Do we see the Canadian security forces brutalizing those who seek freedom. NO. This is what civilized countries do.
                  Oh HORSE PUCKEY!

Louis Riel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  October Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

So, there won't be any troubles in Canada in the next 58 years

Comment

This is the point.....

Tired of such flames

Comment

You've obviously never heard of the FLQ.
                        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                          Sir, have you heard of the plebiscites or referendums held in 1980 and 1995.

Comment

That's not your point. Your point was that a mature democracy behaves peacefully. We showed you that the Canadians can be just as oppressive as anyone else when it comes to violent political challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                              Mixed feelings about that bunch of quacks. Most terrorists blow up police stations. Canadian terrorists blow up mail boxes. Most terrorists highjack airplanes. Ours highjack a bus.

While obviously, I like it that way but somehow, it wounds the pride that Canadian terrorism is the laughing stock of the world.

Comment

Yes, I have. It was a referendum called by a secessionist political party, the Parti Quebecois, which was in power in Quebec!

In the Indian context; the Punjabi separatists got swiped away in the Punjab elections and were never able to come to power, and in Indian Kashmir, the separatists refuse to take part in the elections to this day, fearing a similar fate! While Pakistani Kashmir for more than 6 decades has been under direct rule from Islamabad, and the separatist parties (who wish to secede from Pakistan aswell, rather than just India) are banned and exiled from POK. The Punjabi demographic bomb has also been released on the Pakistani Kashmiris, with the Pakistani Punjabis today outnumbering the ethnic Kashmiris in POK. Those are but a handful of reasons why a referendum in that region is a no-go.
                                Last edited by Tronic; 16 Jul 12,, 20:42.
                                Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                                -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Working...
                                X