• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Ooe

Brilliant . :wors:

Even if you’re not an engineer you’ll marvel at the skill s of this man
    OPERATIONAL V-12 DIESEL ENGINE THAT FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND

THERE ARE STILL SOME REAL ENGINEERS IN THE WORLD---

THIS IS AMAZING.....Watch it all the way through, he machines, assembles and runs this little engine...

OPERATIONAL V-12 DIESEL ENGINE THAT FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND.

This is not CNC technology; this guy made everything at home on his lathe and drill press. Took 1220 hours (a year and a half?) to make the 261 pieces. Note the end-loaded crankshaft into the block (like an Offy), 12 individual cylinder heads, TINY rods and pistons, dual "underhead" cams with pushrods to rockers in the heads. And, he did break-in runs using an electric drill driving the crankshaft!

Even if you're not an engineer you'll appreciate this!

The world's tiniest V12 engine. [VIDEO]

Sweet mother of god, that is awesome. Insane, but awesome :)
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Brilliant . :wors:

Even if you’re not an engineer you’ll marvel at the skill s of this man
      OPERATIONAL V-12 DIESEL ENGINE THAT FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND

THERE ARE STILL SOME REAL ENGINEERS IN THE WORLD---

THIS IS AMAZING.....Watch it all the way through, he machines, assembles and runs this little engine...

OPERATIONAL V-12 DIESEL ENGINE THAT FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND.

This is not CNC technology; this guy made everything at home on his lathe and drill press. Took 1220 hours (a year and a half?) to make the 261 pieces. Note the end-loaded crankshaft into the block (like an Offy), 12 individual cylinder heads, TINY rods and pistons, dual "underhead" cams with pushrods to rockers in the heads. And, he did break-in runs using an electric drill driving the crankshaft!

Even if you're not an engineer you'll appreciate this!

The world's tiniest V12 engine. [VIDEO]
      Meh...stop bothering the good colonel with such trivial trinkets.

Find a video of the world's smallest scotch distillery and he might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        Meh...stop bothering the good colonel with such trivial trinkets.

Find a video of the world's smallest scotch distillery and he might be interested.
        Or the world's largest photo of SWWNBN.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Bloody Neanderthals :bang:

Comment

I want it on record somewhere that I wasn't the one that brought SWWNBN into this thread.

But I wholeheartedly endorse it....

Comment

Colonel , you surprise me , as an engineer I thought comment would have been forthcoming ,

however seeing as the thread has been hijacked its understandable

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                Colonel , you surprise me , as an engineer I thought comment would have been forthcoming...
                Yeah well, he's a smart man, we all know how this is going to end.

He's going to comment and then everybody will chime in with pics of SWWNBN and he's going to reciprocate with insults and that's all well and good but then you won't let it go and you're going to hang on to him like a cheap groupie hangs around Ozzie Osborne, and then you'll finally ask him to Skype and then Benny will get involved.

It's self preservation on his part not to get involved.....
                Last edited by YellowFever; 25 Jun 12,, 18:50.

Comment

It's self preservation on his part not to get involved.....

Which is why he is OOE and we are just mere mortals......:wors:
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah well, he's a smart man, we all know how this is going to end.
                    Yes, especially since YOU'RE now involved, Yellow!
                    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Oh, don't make me break out the Crazy Stitch video again.

Comment

...and then everybody will chime in with pics of SWWNBN...
                        May I remind you, you are not everybody.

P.S. WTF is SWWNBN
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I dunno...

I'm used to saying "Celine" or as someone pointed out some time ago, "SWITCH" (She Who Is The Colonel's Honey).

I've never actually used the term SWWBN, or whatever it's called around here.

All I know is that a combination of those letters are used to describe Sexy Celine......

Comment

And if you have a problem with those acronyms, take it up with AR.

Comment

And if you have a problem with those acronyms, take it up with AR.
                              Your lower than a snakes nuts , a pollies excuses , fess up , you know what , SWWNBN means , ya scurvy pox doctors clerk ,,,,any way warrabout the engine then Richardkopf

Comment

Working...
                              X