Best warriors of the ancient ara?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    The Mongols led by Genghis Khan. Without a doubt. May look like a bunch of nondescript thugs (which they may well be) but they can whup anyone's ass by their hardiness and sheer aggression and cruelty to all who oppose them(psychological warefare) Moves fast, silent and fluid (great horsemen) and needs little logistical support for large scale long-ranged operations (lives on the spoils of victories)
    Whoa, whoa, dude.

You joined in '06 and you already have nine posts?

Slow down,dude, you're abusing your right to post...

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhead2 View Post
      The Mongols led by Genghis Khan. Without a doubt. May look like a bunch of nondescript thugs (which they may well be) but they can whup anyone's ass by their hardiness and sheer aggression and cruelty to all who oppose them(psychological warefare) Moves fast, silent and fluid (great horsemen) and needs little logistical support for large scale long-ranged operations (lives on the spoils of victories)
      Mongols are middle ages, not ancient times. And they were as disciplined as an army as any that existed.

Comment

The Knights and Ninjas are great; they have far different style in combat that can feared by the enemy.

Comment

Knights met defeat at the hands of the Turks and Mongols. Ninja clans were slaughtered on mass by the Samurai warlords. And both were middle ages, not ancient times. You came to the wrong forum spouting comic book fantasies.

Comment

In individual combat, Knights and ninjas are very formidable but in massed formations and battles during medieval times, the only thing that matters are unit cohesion, discipline, good formation, good logistics, and adequate camp keeping skills, i.e., cut down on diseases that were the bane of medieval armies.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
              In individual combat, Knights and ninjas are very formidable but in massed formations and battles during medieval times, the only thing that matters are unit cohesion, discipline, good formation, good logistics, and adequate camp keeping skills, i.e., cut down on diseases that were the bane of medieval armies.
              Forgot good lines of communication and supply lines. Once you got all those, doesn't matter how good of the other side' battle commanders are. Just wear them out and you can go for a simple killing stroke. That's how Roman armies won most of the battles. They had good battle leaders but not that great and their logistical prowess, battle discipline, good formation, and unit cohesion allowed them to withstand many enemies who could outmatch them in terms of size, combat prowess, etc.

Comment

If we go waaaaay back, genetic evidence indicates that the entire human race descended from a small group of survivors of some catastrophic disaster. Whoever those guys and gals were, they were probably bad asses.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                  If we go waaaaay back, genetic evidence indicates that the entire human race descended from a small group of survivors of some catastrophic disaster. Whoever those guys and gals were, they were probably bad asses.
                  Or simply the fastest.... sabertooth or zombie rule number 1 is the same- cardio!

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                    Or simply the fastest.... sabertooth or zombie rule number 1 is the same- cardio!
                    I say we know how to hide. Modern humans, arguably if well trained would be the toughest humanity has ever known. We can run faster, know more combat skills, but pit the best SAS soldier with a knife against a Kodiak, I'll bet on the Kodiak, even in a foot race.

Comment

And the Kodiak is cat compared to the cave bear. But give the human 30 minutes to prepare,and the animal will walk and die in a trap.

I don't know if modern humans are best of mankind.The healthiest we are.But most of us didn't grew up in woods,stalking,killing and in general doing physical work.As for combat skills ,the best of our men start training when they are already grown up men not when they're 7 years old.
                      Those who know don't speak
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

30 minutes? Not from scratch. It'll take me a day to set up something lethal enough to take out a monster like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          I say we know how to hide. Modern humans, arguably if well trained would be the toughest humanity has ever known. We can run faster, know more combat skills, but pit the best SAS soldier with a knife against a Kodiak, I'll bet on the Kodiak, even in a foot race.
                          Interestingly all non-Africans modern humans are part Neantherthal, hence confirming that excessive alcohol consumption was in practice even way back then.

http://news.discovery.com/human/gene...al-110718.html
                          Last edited by citanon; 22 Apr 12,, 02:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            Sir If we were cavemen out hunting, I don't have to out run the Kodiak, I have to out run you....

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                              And the Kodiak is cat compared to the cave bear. But give the human 30 minutes to prepare,and the animal will walk and die in a trap.

I don't know if modern humans are best of mankind.The healthiest we are.But most of us didn't grew up in woods,stalking,killing and in general doing physical work.As for combat skills ,the best of our men start training when they are already grown up men not when they're 7 years old.
                              Spartans don't count lol

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                                Sir If we were cavemen out hunting, I don't have to out run the Kodiak, I have to out run you....
                                *** sigh *** Youth and enthusiasm is no match for experience and treachery. I don't have to run after I marinate ... I mean accidentally spill some honey on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X