Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bend over India...

7 for 604, first innings declared.

You boys are getting spanked and turning sour.

What is up with you blokes, seriously. Used to be a likeable team. Now your up to the usual sore looser antics of claiming doctored pitches and not acknowledging credit when it's due.

Your almost like Australia was in 2006. Almost Obnoxious and everyone becoming glad when you get a thrashed as a result :p
    Ego Numquam

Recession in the team ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Chunder View Post
      7 for 604, first innings declared.

You boys are getting spanked and turning sour.

What is up with you blokes, seriously. Used to be a likeable team. Now your up to the usual sore looser antics of claiming doctored pitches and not acknowledging credit when it's due.

Your almost like Australia was in 2006. Almost Obnoxious and everyone becoming glad when you get a thrashed as a result :p
      Chunder,

Where are you getting this impression from? Have Indian team members said anyting I missed? I really haven't detected much bad blood during the games, though I haven't watched every moment. Indeed, if you read some of what Sourav Ganguly writes it is pretty clear where some of the nastiness came from last time around. With he & Harbhajan gone & the Australians a little more humble (and better led) the whole tone of the games has changed. I follow the 'comments' section on 'cricinfo' pretty closely. it is dominated by Indians & with literally one or two exceptions all have focussed their anger on their own team, not umpires or pitches or anything else. They have also been prepared to give credit to our guys.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Our teams deserves the spanking they got. Poor show by them.

The obnoxious acts by Gambhir and Nehra (middle finger), they let the jibs from the crowd get to them. Apart from that there was nothing obnoxious.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
          Chunder, Indeed, if you read some of what Sourav Ganguly writes it is pretty clear where some of the nastiness came from last time around. With he & Harbhajan gone & the Australians a little more humble (and better led) the whole tone of the games has changed. I follow the 'comments' section on 'cricinfo' pretty closely. it is dominated by Indians & with literally one or two exceptions all have focussed their anger on their own team, not umpires or pitches or anything else. They have also been prepared to give credit to our guys.
          Oh yeah, my sentiments 100%. Was watching something last night with the Indian capt essentially implying/saying the pitches were doctored for us/by us.

But enjoy my general labelling BF - and see what we can get out of them :p.
          Ego Numquam

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
            The obnoxious acts by Gambhir and Nehra (middle finger), they let the jibs from the crowd get to them. Apart from that there was nothing obnoxious.
            You have a long way to go to reach the height of our bastards in the late 00's :)
            Ego Numquam

Comment

Originally posted by Chunder View Post
              Oh yeah, my sentiments 100%. Was watching something last night with the Indian capt essentially implying/saying the pitches were doctored for us/by us.

But enjoy my general labelling BF - and see what we can get out of them :p.
              OK, must have missed that. Given that he can barely score a run no matter what track we play on & his bowlers can't get us out for much under 300 on any track he doesn't really have a leg to stand on. it isn't as if we've been turning out brutal greentops. Perhaps if his batsmen could play a ball on a good length & his team didn't drop their heads in the field so often he would be doing better.

We've just bowled better & managed to find runs at key points. When my friends & I left the MCG at the end of day 3 of the test we were convinced that India would win the test & then the series. They blew it despite having a more experienced & nominally better quality bowling and batting lineup. Day four of that game just set the tone - we had our tails up.

To be honest, India have been a big dissappointment. We gave them chances in the first two tests & they couldn't grab them. We've effectively been batting without a no.3 or no.7 for most games. With two openers who are new to tests & erratic, two older batsmen in patchy form, a coupe of young bowlers & us losing probably our best bowler after match two this should have been a lay down for India. I honestly can't believe how bad they have looked. Poor captaincy hasn't helped. Dhoni just doesn't inspire confidence. India has huge problems. A captain who isn't much good but for whom there is no replacment, three ageing batsmen & some young guys who are erratic. Throw in the problems wiht the bowling & India may not bet back near the top for quite a while.
              sigpic

Comment

Well I expected us to lose 4-0 after the england drubbing, but the abject nature of the surrender and the lack of shame from Dhoni and co is what really gets me mad.
                At the very least they should be penalised by losing the right to play in IPL 2012.
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                  Our teams deserves the spanking they got. Poor show by them.

Completely forgot abut that. yeah, childish. ALso loved Kholi sledging us about what India would do to us when we went there next. When you are already doing this in the 2nd test your head is just not in the right place.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                    Well I expected us to lose 4-0 after the england drubbing, but the abject nature of the surrender and the lack of shame from Dhoni and co is what really gets me mad.
                    At the very least they should be penalised by losing the right to play in IPL 2012.
                    Funnily enough, we expected to lose too. I was hoping for a 2-1 just to salvage pride. Having lost a test to NZ it didn't seem likely we would beat you blokes. I agree that the nature of the failure hurts. There are times when they have looked more like Zimbabwe than a top test nation. Things are going to get ugly when they get home. Bye bye Dravid & Laxman for a start.

Good luck on the IPL thing. That tail doesn't just wag the dog, it owns the dog. Having seen the Indian board effectively blackmail Australia & NZ into dropping or sacking players who played in a rival comp I'm firmly convinced that the Indian board thinks that IPL is all that matters. No chance they will risk that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Funnily enough, we expected to lose too. I was hoping for a 2-1 just to salvage pride. Having lost a test to NZ it didn't seem likely we would beat you blokes. I agree that the nature of the failure hurts. There are times when they have looked more like Zimbabwe than a top test nation. Things are going to get ugly when they get home. Bye bye Dravid & Laxman for a start.

Good luck on the IPL thing. That tail doesn't just wag the dog, it owns the dog. Having seen the Indian board effectively blackmail Australia & NZ into dropping or sacking players who played in a rival comp I'm firmly convinced that the Indian board thinks that IPL is all that matters. No chance they will risk that.
                      Well I can dream cant I....
                      I have hated IPL ever since it was announced, but you are spot on about the tail owning the dog.
                      The BCCI is made up mostly of politicos and their henchmen.
                      For them cricket and the success of India in the proper format of the game is not a concern.
                      BCCI is a money pump which they use to gain influence and pay vote banks for re election. As long as it makes them cash, they don't care about anything else.
                      The various state boards are hardly better.
                      It looks like the start of a long decade of mediocrity and humiliation for India.
                      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Even though I am Indian, cricket is not my religion...

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                        X