Iraq bombings start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gramps Reply

"Oil? We have plenty of it here!! I know i worked in the oil fields for 10 years. So we send our men and women over there for the benefit of the oil companies? Im sooo confused!!"

No. You're not confused. You saw the word "OIL" and immediately went into brain-lock. That would qualify you as stupid...or leftist...or both. Read carefully word by simple word again-

"...No strategic (read OIL) value. That value, btw, is shared throughout that particular region. So too the threat eminating from Iraq. The rest of the world, btw, shares in the benefits of access to that strategic value. Our economy derives great benefit from global access to that strategic value."

So...let's see if you get it this time? Iraq is a threat to countries whom SELL Oil-Iran, Kuwait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain. They are Iraq's immediate neighbors-two of whom have been invaded by Iraq in the twenty years preceding OIF (that means Operation Iraqi Freedom for dimwits like you).

Now...you'd be correct that, for the most part, we have plenty of it over here. Hmmm..., who doesn't? Ahhh...many, many, many of our less fortunate global neighbors-Japan, S. Korea, Luxumbourg, Portugal as example. Believe it or not but when their access to oil is denied then their economies go in the sh!tter. When that happens OUR economy goes in the sh!tter.

So Iraq was a threat to sellers AND buyers of OIL-most of whom were not Americans. Without their economies humming along and with goods to sell to others (like America) they have no money to BUY goods from others (like America). Their economies don't hum along without oil and, unlike America, many of them have none.

That matters to SMART Americans.

Merry Christmas and welcome to the WAB. It's not under the tree but that's my gift to you.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
      "Oil? We have plenty of it here!! I know i worked in the oil fields for 10 years. So we send our men and women over there for the benefit of the oil companies? Im sooo confused!!"

No. You're not confused. You saw the word "OIL" and immediately went into brain-lock. That would qualify you as stupid...or leftist...or both. Read carefully word by simple word again-

"...No strategic (read OIL) value. That value, btw, is shared throughout that particular region. So too the threat eminating from Iraq. The rest of the world, btw, shares in the benefits of access to that strategic value. Our economy derives great benefit from global access to that strategic value."

So...let's see if you get it this time? Iraq is a threat to countries whom SELL Oil-Iran, Kuwait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain. They are Iraq's immediate neighbors-two of whom have been invaded by Iraq in the twenty years preceding OIF (that means Operation Iraqi Freedom for dimwits like you).

Now...you'd be correct that, for the most part, we have plenty of it over here. Hmmm..., who doesn't? Ahhh...many, many, many of our less fortunate global neighbors-Japan, S. Korea, Luxumbourg, Portugal as example. Believe it or not but when their access to oil is denied then their economies go in the sh!tter. When that happens OUR economy goes in the sh!tter.

So Iraq was a threat to sellers AND buyers of OIL-most of whom were not Americans. Without their economies humming along and with goods to sell to others (like America) they have no money to BUY goods from others (like America). Their economies don't hum along without oil and, unlike America, many of them have none.

That matters to SMART Americans.

Merry Christmas and welcome to the WAB. It's not under the tree but that's my gift to you.
      Didnt realize I joined a forum where people choose to insult people (Stupid) Fuck off!!! Later

Comment

"Didnt realize I joined a forum where people choose to insult people (Stupid) Fuck off!!! Later"

This may not be the place for somebody of delicate sensibilities and a demonstrated poor grasp of events.
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
          "Didnt realize I joined a forum where people choose to insult people (Stupid) Fuck off!!! Later"

This may not be the place for somebody of delicate sensibilities and a demonstrated poor grasp of events.

Wow, you insult me then you insult Gramps? You're an ass...If I wanted to be insulted or watch good friends be insulted I would have stayed at the Iranian defense forum I just left because of this BULLSHIT. When you garner a title like Military PROFESSIONAL it "usually" means you are a professional not a "pro".

Comment

It also means that sometimes tempers flare and things are said in anger. MilPros have been there and done that, so they usually know what they're talking about. If you have a problem with any of the posts, you can drop a Moderator a PM or report the post (triangle icon bottom left of the post).
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
              It also means that sometimes tempers flare and things are said in anger. MilPros have been there and done that, so they usually know what they're talking about. If you have a problem with any of the posts, you can drop a Moderator a PM or report the post (triangle icon bottom left of the post).
              Yes, thank you.

Spent 24 LOOOONG years as a MILITARY PROFESSIONAL and try really hard NOT to run people off or insult people. I have used the triangle in several other forums as well and found they don't work well when reporting entrenched people well....BUT, I will try my hardest not to insult anyone while here.

Or run new members off....
              Last edited by Tanker; 25 Dec 11,, 19:43.

Comment

Gramps Reply

You're correct. I was too personally insulting in my reply. My judgement was too hasty. I retract my expressed opinion...for now. In the spirit of Christmas please forgive me.

It remains unclear to me whether you're stupid, a leftist or both based upon your comment here-

"Oil? We have plenty of it here!! I know i worked in the oil fields for 10 years. So we send our men and women over there for the benefit of the oil companies?..."

The COMMENT above by you, however, is supremely infantile and has remained unaddressed by you. Instead, your gentle disposition generated this-

Now...that comment clouds my views of you a bit and has me leaning towards "stupid" and not "leftist". You see...a leftist would likely have argued the point. You didn't. Not good as it makes me sense I might have been on target with the former possibility.

Would you care to reconsider and offer a more cogent expression of your views on the strategic value of oil in our decision to invade Iraq?

I sure hope so.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
                  Yes, thank you.

Spent 24 LOOOONG years as a MILITARY PROFESSIONAL and try really hard NOT to run people off or insult people. I have used the triangle in several other forums as well and found they don't work well when reporting entrenched people well....BUT, I will try my hardest not to insult anyone while here.

I used to be a moderator here, and then uni started getting serious and I resigned. I can personally guarantee you that the triangle works, even against entrenched members. Try looking up some posts by Bluesman, he probably holds the record for most bannings by a member ever, and he was/is a MilPro and at times a very frequent poster. Hell, I'm one of the folks that joined when WAB just opened up and I was hit with a 24 hour ban a month and a bit ago.
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Iraq Is A Mess But Leaving Was The Right Call

From Douglas Ollivant, the former Director For Iraq in the Nat'l Security Council-

Iraq Is A Mess But Leaving Was The Right Call-Ollivant New Republic Dec. 23, 2011

It wasn't our call but doing so was appropriate and necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      I used to be a moderator here, and then uni started getting serious and I resigned. I can personally guarantee you that the triangle works, even against entrenched members. Try looking up some posts by Bluesman, he probably holds the record for most bannings by a member ever, and he was/is a MilPro and at times a very frequent poster. Hell, I'm one of the folks that joined when WAB just opened up and I was hit with a 24 hour ban a month and a bit ago.
                      I started a Defense Forum years ago on Yahoo and with boards similar to this. Had several actually but not all were military oriented. I tried to let the simpleton stuff go but it got harder and harder in a world that was expanding technically. Someone's funny was someone's insult. I liked running the forum but you have to remember, this was a time when you had to BUY them. After 2 years it wasn't worth the money anymore so I sold them off.

About 4 years ago I started returning to military forums. I never joined for the "polo"tics. But as you know, depending on where someone is in the world someone is bound to put their foot in their mouth and say something bad about your country, you, a friend, or a friends country. I defend the people I know. But took my bans with pride and really didn't give a flip. But one thing I tried to do, unlike some, was understand people's opinions whether I liked them or not. I grew up a Liberal and converted to Conservative after I joined the military and there was a big change; Instead of hearing "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them" from my Liberal friends I started hearing; "Opinions are like people...they are all different" from my Conservative friends.

Sorry, my point is, I came here because I was tired of being called names because my opinion was DIFFERENT than those around me. The person that invited me here and submitted me for MilPro knew that. I came here. Sadly, in all groups, there are people who do not work and play well with others. As I tend to TRY to work and play well with others I also have a penchant for protecting my friends. Habit.

My apologies for the disruption.

Comment

Different people have different posting styles, is all. Some feel the need for some name calling to add color and spice to their posts, others don't. To each their own

Comment

There's a limited quantity of wisdom in the world.The points on Iraq have been talked to death .The actors change,but he movie stays the same.Boredom is the mother of short temper.To be fair,I envy S2.He still has the energy to get pi$$ed about something like Iraq.

Now if any of you m......ers has anything good to say about commies,buy yourself a sharp pole to spare me the trouble and prepare to die a horrible death in pain.I'm coming for ya.

p.s Just say something good about Pakistan or Karzai,if you enjoy fireworks

pps Bloody Christmas meal ruined my sleep,letting me so bored to post something like this.
                          Those who know don't speak
                          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Mihais Reply

"...Now if any of you m......ers has anything good to say about commies,buy yourself a sharp pole to spare me the trouble and prepare to die a horrible death in pain.I'm coming for ya."

"...p.s Just say something good about Pakistan or Karzai,if you enjoy fireworks"

Those WERE fun days, eh? Maybe again...;)

Comment

Someone watched Kill Bill (again) and has fetish for Asian girls that kick ass ;)
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker View Post
                                Yes, thank you.

Ok, let's everybody cool down a little and take a few steps back.

Tanker, the triangle does indeed work but your comment about entrenched people also deserves some comment. You're indeed correct that in many cases, the long term member will be cut more slack. It's very analogous to a "private club" wherein the longtime member is given more leeway than the newer member.

On the other hand, your intent is clearly stated so like I said, let's everybody take a deep breath and ease up a bit.
                                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                                X