No announcement yet.

2012 election predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread needs to be made a temporary sticky so it won't get lost until the election. :)

Comment

Obama loses to the RomneyBot 9000 in a 40 state Republican sweep.

Repubs pick up the Senate, probably 53-47.

Repubs make minor gains in the House.

By 2am on Election Night, I will have consumed half a bottle of rum, smoked 3 cigars, and fallen off of my front stoop into my yard after having drunken relations with an old dog bed I've slung over the railing and named "Those Damned Liberal Commies!".

Bet on it.

-dale

Comment

Obama loses.

Dems lose senate.

Republicans lose a few seats in the House.

Economy on fire by 2013.

Comment

My prediction:

Obama will lose by the biggest margin in presidental election history (no matter who the GOP candidate happens to be)

GOP picks up a few more seats in both Houses
          "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

On the night of the election the MSM will all initially call Obama but then in a shock reversal the final tally for Chicago will give the Republican candidate a narrow win by 156.
            The next two weeks will be consumed in litigation until finally it will come down to one vote, which was incorrectly ruled out due to his being white which the polling booth supervisor thought was too unusual to be true.
            That voter is identified as Chad Plumber and as his original vote was destroyed he is given the opportunity to re-cast his vote.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by BB61Vet View Post
              Election predictions:

El Comerade Presidente: Republican because the VAST majority is as sick of Obama as they were of Bush (yes folks, Americans prefer shaved

Congress: House remains Republican, Senate remains Democrat.

Overall result: Not a bloody pickin thing. All things stay the same because Congress won't unlock to do anything for either party (as if either party were 100% correct). Our taxes increase, our pay decreases, the rich get richer, the poor keep eating leftover dirt from last tuesday.

IMHO Government will remain an impotent entity until we, the people finally get off our lethargic asses and change it.
              We've got your picks, what are you betting?
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                Obama loses.

Dems lose senate.

Republicans lose a few seats in the House.

Economy on fire by 2013.
                Originally posted by dalem View Post
                Obama loses to the RomneyBot 9000 in a 40 state Republican sweep.

Repubs pick up the Senate, probably 53-47.

Repubs make minor gains in the House.

By 2am on Election Night, I will have consumed half a bottle of rum, smoked 3 cigars, and fallen off of my front stoop into my yard after having drunken relations with an old dog bed I've slung over the railing and named "Those Damned Liberal Commies!".

Bet on it.

-dale
                Originally posted by McFire View Post
                My prediction:

Obama will lose by the biggest margin in presidental election history (no matter who the GOP candidate happens to be)

GOP picks up a few more seats in both Houses
                Bets, gentleman, we need your bets!

It seems that the majority of members here are predicting an Obama spanking...
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Obama win in my opinion, by I know little of US politics therefore I wager 5 Euros :slap:

Comment

You can bet whatever you want, there is no minimum and all the proceeds go to a good cause, supporting the troops.

Comment

I will donate all the proceeds of my bet to WAB - I am afraid there will be few US citizen winners in 2012. IMO, either way we are in for a bumpy ride.
                      My "guess" is Obama will win - and that isn't my "wish" - just my opinion at this moment. If the opposition can field a winner - that would be nice - at this point I can't see that.
                      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

You'll have to ask the staff about a donation to WAB, if I recall correctly, WAB's server costs are generously donated and covered by Rochen Ltd, courtesy of Martin and Chris.

Updates to the structure and all that goes through Chris and Martin anyway, so I don't know exactly what WAB can do with a donation, but like I said, run it by the staff, see what they have to say

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                          You'll have to ask the staff about a donation to WAB, if I recall correctly, WAB's server costs are generously donated and covered by Rochen Ltd, courtesy of Martin and Chris.

Updates to the structure and all that goes through Chris and Martin anyway, so I don't know exactly what WAB can do with a donation, but like I said, run it by the staff, see what they have to say
                          If WAB needs anything from me - I will try to provide it. If they are good - then I'll wait until they need something. I would love to give them the DB big server I have at work, it is being retired next year - an HP Superdome 9000 with HPUX 11, 64 x 800Mhz RISK CPU's and 128 GB of Ram + 100 TB R10 SAN and 700 TB R5 NAS ... But this is a pipe dream - my client company will no doubt melt it down to make razor blades or something... Oh and in the interest of insane complexity - I have to port all the stuff to IBM for the replacement system... (the last system, before this one, was a SUN 9800). And yes this is entirely off topic ...;)
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            The republican house is doing everything it can to stop the economy from getting any worse. The private sector should react positively to grid lock in congress. There's still enormous drag on the economy with various regulations Obama put in place, but the pent up desire to spend should overcome it. Hence the small growth.
                            yeah, great story...have any metrics to back it up like say the explosive growth we experienced during the period of most deregulation the first ten yrs of the decade? Business is sitting on record amounts of cash with no where to invest it because therte is no demand. money in consumer pockets creates demand. Doing things like discontinueing programs that help communities retain teachers and first responders hardly seems like an action that creates increased demand. If interest rates werent at historic lows still I would agree federal deficits are a drag on the economy but since they are so low that arguement except with over 2 trillion in cash on hand and low rates to borrow capital is not the shortage demand is. What exactly has congress done to aid in increasing demand? Bloomberg's analysis hardly a liberal rag

Goldman, Moody

how do the plans compare?
                            Goldman, Moody

I know you love deregulation but i haven't seen anything from any respected source that says it's the root cause of unemployment

Obama retains White House.....When Pat Robertson says republicans are gettting two extreme to win a general election...well
                            Senate is near even 51-49 republicans at most just because so many democrat seat are open not because of any big swing

Republicans retain house but the majority begins to decay
                            Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                            ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I bet that if a republican or a democrat wins.....after the congratulations and partying is over the country will sober up to politics as usual. Not much will really change and the country ultimately slips farther down the drain.
                              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

Hell, If the Obama loses, I'll send Chris and Martin a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue each and a French vampire chick for Tarek.

Comment

Working...
                                X