Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Healthcare poll

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    And of course from the oped we have one candidate who isn't a republican who doesn't believe he should receive any treatment, two republicans who believe he should, and three where the op-ed writer doesn't understand the positions of the candidates, or the candidates haven't offered a coherent strategy. How does that translate to all the Republican candidates espousing "Let him die"?
    Would you be willing to create a poll here as I am forum challenged and dont know how and ask US citizens if a man w/o insurance went to an er and needed 30k in treatment to recover from a heart attack and couldnt pay should the service be provided and the cost passed on to you?
    yes
    50.00%
    no
    50.00%
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
    Would you be willing to create a poll here as I am forum challenged and dont know how and ask US citizens if a man w/o insurance went to an er and needed 30k in treatment to recover from a heart attack and couldnt pay should the service be provided and the cost passed on to you?
    Sure.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

The service will be provided to save his life, no questions asked. Cost will be considered later. Usually the hospital will eat the cost if he cannot pay for it. Since businesses don't pay taxes (hospitals don't work for free), the cost is essentially passed on to all other patients, and in turn, the entire health care system.

By "service will be provided to save his life" I mean the emergency procedure. Long term care is not the ER's responsibility, nor should the hospital provide it for free.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        The service will be provided to save his life, no questions asked. Cost will be considered later. Usually the hospital will eat the cost if he cannot pay for it. Since businesses don't pay taxes (hospitals don't work for free), the cost is essentially passed on to all other patients, and in turn, the entire health care system.

By "service will be provided to save his life" I mean the emergency procedure. Long term care is not the ER's responsibility, nor should the hospital provide it for free.
        yes but do you want to pay for that care?
        ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

yes but do you want to pay for that care?
          Willingly? No.

How about we set up a foundation or foundations that takes donation from people like you and me to pay for these kinds of services?

Comment

Willingly? No.

How about we set up a foundation or foundations that takes donation from people like you and me to pay for these kinds of services?
            They already exist. I give 40 bucks a week out of my paycheck which get sent to 2 healthcare related charities. What gets donated hardly makes a dent. please take the time to vote no if you would not pay for the care willingly. i will answer your other post tommorow real ife demands intrude on my internet fun the rest of today
            ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

So its OK for an asthmatic to go into the ER and be "saved" 4-5 times a year and at the cost of 10k per year, but its wrong for the hospital to hand out an inhalant that for the costs of 300.00/year that would end the ER visits?
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

This and many other examples of services, both covered or not, will always be done. The healthcare beast will always be paid. The real questions are HOW such services will be funded, and how to make individuals take more responsibility for their health.

Comment

strawman poll.

If the patient isn't medicaid eligible, it means he has income sufficient to make a payment plan for his treatment. The bill isn't going to just go away. It may take him ten years to pay it off, but eventually he pays it.

If he is indigent, then medicaid picks up the tab which means it's already transferred to the taxpayers.
                  "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                    strawman poll.

If the patient isn't medicaid eligible, it means he has income sufficient to make a payment plan for his treatment. The bill isn't going to just go away. It may take him ten years to pay it off, but eventually he pays it.

If he is indigent, then medicaid picks up the tab which means it's already transferred to the taxpayers.
                    really so you think someoen making 12.50 an hr that has a heart attack and is left with a 50k bill and increased monthly expenses can actually pay that bill. You say straw man and i say welcome to the life of the working poor
                    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      So its OK for an asthmatic to go into the ER and be "saved" 4-5 times a year and at the cost of 10k per year, but its wrong for the hospital to hand out an inhalant that for the costs of 300.00/year that would end the ER visits?
                      If he has the ability to pay, then he should buy the $300 inhalent.

If he's truly poor, there are programs already in existance to help him.
                      Last edited by gunnut; 15 Sep 11,, 01:20.

Comment

really so you think someoen making 12.50 an hr that has a heart attack and is left with a 50k bill and increased monthly expenses can actually pay that bill. You say straw man and i say welcome to the life of the working poor
                        Medicaid?

Comment

If he has the ability to pay, then he should buy the $300 inhalent.

If he's truly poor, there are programs already in existance to help him.
                          If he had the ability to pay he would have. No one would willingly go in for an asthma attack if they could help it.

The programs are not always what they are cut out to be. Some people get too much assistance while others not enough. Quite often the programs are funded by taxpayers. Wouldn't it be cheaper to cut out the middleman, especially if that middleman was the government?

Comment

Medicaid?
                            someone making 12.50 an hr does not come close to qualifying. We have a huge gap between indigent care and earning enough to pay for care or insurance or we wouldnt have such a huge percentage uncovered
                            ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                              If he had the ability to pay he would have. No one would willingly go in for an asthma attack if they could help it.

The programs are not always what they are cut out to be. Some people get too much assistance while others not enough. Quite often the programs are funded by taxpayers. Wouldn't it be cheaper to cut out the middleman, especially if that middleman was the government?
                              I agree. How about some charitable organizations to pitch in to help him? Caring people like you would donate money to such organizations to help those in need. I think it's a great thing to do. I just don't want you to vote for a government that would volunteer my money to help someone I don't know nor care.

Comment

Working...
                              X