Worst Songs of the '90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the selected list, here is my thoughts;

1. Barbie girl............... Yep, its effin stupid.

2. Los Del Rio, "Macarena",......it was catchy, better listened to drunk.

3. Billy Ray Cyrus, "Achy Breaky Heart"...........Because of this song, I thought BRC should actually be shot.

4. Vanilla Ice, "Ice Ice Baby"........I can rap the whole damn thing. I use to use it as a crowd warmer when I D-Jay'd and ran a Karaoke set up. I'm not ashamed.

5. Chumbawamba, "Tubthumping".............I have been drunk more than 50% of the time I have heard this song. I liked it 65% of the time.

6. Hanson, "MMMBop".........I thought they were girls....and they suck.

7. Celine Dion, "My Heart Will Go On"...........too bad the song did too!

8. Baha Men, "Who Let The Dogs Out?"...........It should be banned....everywhere.

9. Right Said Fred, "I'm Too Sexy"...........Hell yeah! Me too! Loved it! Y'all should look up the re-make!

10. 4 Non Blondes, "What's Up?"....Had to look it up...I remember it now....I see four people that need a haircut and some job skills because they suck at music.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
      No telling what Queen would have done if he had lived. I consider Freddie the best male vocalist I have ever heard. You should read his wiki bio...amazing. Born Farouk Bulsara....I'd change my name too. He is missed.
      Frank Sinatra wasn't bad either. Each an amazing vocalist. Each with his own style that was and still is not rivaled.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        Frank Sinatra wasn't bad either. Each an amazing vocalist. Each with his own style that was and still is not rivaled.
        I'm a huge fan of Frank and the Rat pack. My Fave was Dino out of them all and not detracting from them, but for range, stage presence and awesomness, I gotta go with Freddie, and you know I never make such a decision lightly.;)

Comment

[QUOTE]
          Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post

3. Billy Ray Cyrus, "Achy Breaky Heart"...........Because of this song, I thought BRC should actually be shot.
          Agree, its not a good song. ....but, no matter where in Asia I am, when I get dragged to Karaoke, somewhere during the second or third bottle of Chivas, I can be counted on to break it out.

Comment

Originally posted by HKDan View Post
            Agree, its not a good song. ....but, no matter where in Asia I am, when I get dragged to Karaoke, somewhere during the second or third bottle of Chivas, I can be counted on to break it out.
            Chivas? You deserved to be shot.

Comment

Originally posted by HKDan View Post

My sympathies Dan...truly.

But honestly, if you can still stand and talk(much less sing) on your third bottle of chivas, who the hell am I to criticize.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

Comment

Speaking of Chivas, a couple weeks ago I had the pleasure to spend the weekend by some friends that have a whiskey cabinet with over 50 bottles. I had tasted over 40 of the bottles at some point or another, and we decided that it would not be right to not taste whatever else was in the closet. Friday night I enjoyed three different Scotches, but Saturday afternoon was truly a great time, when I was taken on a tour of 6 different bottles, including the Balvenie Golden Cask and (the connection to Chivas) the Strathisla, and we culminated with a grand finale: Aberlour A'bunadh, a cask strength serial number bottle that was 60.4% alcohol and went down even smoother than water.
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Find me the KTV that serves Laphroaig...

But seriously, when in Shanxi and the KTV place has three English songs, I will sing "Achy Breaky" twice before submitting to "My Heart Will Go On"
                    Last edited by HKDan; 08 Sep 11,, 12:03.

Comment

It's Dutch gabber music.

The mosselman is an example of the more lighthearted humorous songs in the genre.

The dance you did to this was hakken (chopping) or zagen (sawing). And you need to shave your head bald and wear a training suit.

Comment

what's sad is that these sucky songs stick with you considerably longer than the good ones...

gunnut,

IIRC simon cowell once said that frank sinatra was actually not all that great of a vocalist, but that he was such an amazing PERFORMER that it more than made up.

either way, i have to say that one of the finer joys in life is driving past the golden gate into marin county and beyond, with frank sinatra playing.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Classic!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/3531/satur...-sinatra-group

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                            IIRC simon cowell once said......
                            And here I thought you were one of the smarter and saner ones on the board.....

Comment

And here I thought you were one of the smarter and saner ones on the board.....
                              oh how sadly mistaken you are...

here's my nomination:

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart with lyrics - YouTube
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                                oh how sadly mistaken you are...

here's my nomination:

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart with lyrics - YouTube
                                How can you already nominate something that's on the list?
                                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                                X