No announcement yet.

The Mission To Get Osama Bin Laden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good that Obama did not plan to have a war criminal getting tried for years before concluding....Okay yes, this guy needs to be hanged.
    sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

While I enjoyed the dramatic form in which Schmidle describes the entire operation.. However some folks seem to be picking out pieces in the story..

e.g. Mr Ahmed speaking in Pashtu in a region that is not near FATA or Kyber.. where possibly Hindko or Urdu would be the more general dialect

While there has been no confirmation yet on if Schmidle actually spoke to any of the seals involved.. We have in the article a direct quote " For God and country – Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo " reminds me of the unforgettable Arnie's " Hasta la vista, baby "

Quite interested in knowing what you folks think..

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
        Good that Obama did not plan to have a war criminal getting tried for years before concluding....Okay yes, this guy needs to be hanged.
        And a few more just like him.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          It was this line of yours a while back that tripped me up about any initial Pakistani tip.

It would appear then that this was an american op right from the start.

See, what i thought was somebody knew he was there, they weren't going to give him up. Later, something changed and they decided he wasn't worth holding onto anymore or they did a trade.
          But if you look at he odd turn relations took after the op, then something is wrong with this picture.

If they gave him up why would the US cut aid, they should actually be rewarding Pakistan. US does not seem to have done anything approaching appreciation, in fact quite the contrary. no wink wink at all. Cannot see what Pakistan could have gained if there ever was a trade. They cannot do a trade in the first place because its self-incriminating.

US had to do this because there was nothing forthcoming from the other end otherwise why bother.

Yeah, they would have shifted him elsewhere, just in time.
          Part of the joy of sitting watching over a few months past an event such as this is that actions speak louder than words. The obvious US administration hostility toward Pakistan and Pakistan govt. hostility toward the US shows us that no matter what claims were made immediately after the event (remember the claims of Pak involvement, joint mission, Pak helo's and ISI involvement et cetera et cetera) this was very much US only actions, based on US gathered intelligence and no Pakistani involvement. That alone tells us all we need to know.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
          X