Iran to 'speed up' uranium enrichment at nuclear plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dubitante View Post
    My standard of proof requires the IAEA to say "Iran has a weapons program".
    According to the IAEA report you've linked:

K. Summary
    40. While the Agency continues to conduct verification activities under Iran’s Safeguards Agreement, Iran
    is not implementing a number of its obligations, including: implementation of the provisions of its
    Additional Protocol; implementation of the modified Code 3.1 of the Subsidiary Arrangements General Part
    to its Safeguards Agreement; suspension of enrichment related activities; suspension of heavy water related
    activities; and clarification of the remaining outstanding issues which give rise to concerns about possible
    military dimensions to its nuclear programme.

41. While the Agency continues to verify the non-diversion of declared nuclear material at the nuclear
    facilities and LOFs declared by Iran under its Safeguards Agreement, as Iran is not providing the necessary
    cooperation, including by not implementing its Additional Protocol, the Agency is unable to provide credible
    assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran, and therefore to conclude
    that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities.
    42. The Director General urges Iran to respond positively to his letter of 6 May 2011, and to take steps
    towards the full implementation of its Safeguards Agreement and its other relevant obligations, in order to
    establish international confidence in the exclusively peaceful nature of Iran’s nuclear programme.
    Obviously the IAEA can't confirm or deny the peaceful nature of Iran's nuclear program without the added information required by them, which is being denied by the Iranian regime.

So basically, your "standard of proof" requires the IAEA to say that Iran has a weapons program...which they can not because they are not being provided all the information they need by Iran.

Gotcha.

Oh, and let's try to leave those nasty Zionist buggers out of this conversation, shall we?
    Last edited by YellowFever; 23 Jul 11,, 06:10.

Comment

Goes back to my other point. The IAEA never declared China, North Korea, India, and Pakistan nuclear weapons powers even after they exploded their nukes. So, why should we only accept the IAEA as the sole authority in nuclear weapons Iran when clearly, they were never tasked with that authority?

Comment

OoE Reply

Colonel,

"...So, why should we only accept the IAEA as the sole authority in nuclear weapons..."

This is an excellent point as, too, your thoughts regarding the NSG. The IAEA is tasked with implementing the compliance guidelines and requirements as imposed by the NPT. Clearly they possess no enforcement capacity and look to their member states for such.

To that end, the NSG is one of those mechanisms able to exert some tangible (if non-military) pressure here. Unfortunately, there's by this point a sufficient number of rogue nations to constitute an outlaw network able to collectively assist one another's nuclear weapon development needs. It's ad hoc but has proven resilient in the face of formal processes and non-military methods of enforcement.

Dubitante may see me as a warmonger but there's little else left that can keep Iran from its determined path. His objective, of course, is to obfuscate that determination. His demonstrated understanding of the issues is infantile and his efforts are amateurish. Still, he is representative of a large number of like-minded souls in the west who unwittingly or otherwise are similarly engaged.

The descriptor, "useful idiot", has likely crossed the minds of the Iranian mullahs from time to time. For that they are grateful to us, I'm sure.
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

S2 reply.
          Sir,I agree with one observation.The mullahs and their brethren keep the useful idiots in their mind ALL the time.They're their main weapon.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            It's a documented fact that the Palestinians, and I include Hamas and Fatah together are guilty of massive amounts of human rights violations, including and not limited to using children and other innocent non-combatants as human shields, indiscriminately attacking a civilian population with missiles and rockets, IED's and suicide bombers, and others.
            Totally agree.

Just as it is a documented fact that Israeli soldiers are guilty of massive human rights violation, including and not limited to using children and other innocent non-combatants as human shields, indiscriminately attacking a civilian population with bombs, missiles, shells, white phosphorous etc.

The difference between Israel and the PA, is that like in this case here, an officer loaded and aimed his rifle at a Palestinian. The officer is now being investigated and charges will very likely be brought forward. Where are the Palestinian human rights violators put on trial?
            I agree, the Palestinians make little effort to prosecute human rights violations. The only reason that we're talking about this friendly chap is that he was filmed by a member of B'Tselem. There are so many human rights violations that never get looked at.

Here we call that a "Rosie".
            Here we call it the elephant in the room.

Now, if the US aid to Israel is cancelled, then as I've proven before, all aid to the PA must be cancelled as well.
            That's what we call a non sequitur. Military aid to Israel and non-military aid to Palestine are not equivalent.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              YOU'VE SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT.
              Here's what I said, quoted in full:

The US sends billions in military aid to Israel with the full knowledge that it will be used to further the brutalisation of the Palestinian people. One of the reasons that there is a very good argument to make that military aid to Israel is illegal under both US domestic law and International law.
              What's that question you so enjoy asking me...oh yes: "can't you read"?

Comment

Screw Off!
                Come on, let's try to keep it civil, however repugnant you find my views.

I DEMAND you present me with one example of American weapons being used in a war crime that Israel did not prosecute!
                What's with you and the demands today?

Well, perhaps you could start by reading the UN Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict, then read the McGowan Davis report on how far Israel has (or more accurately, has not) gone in prosecuting said war crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubitante View Post
                  Well, perhaps you could start by reading the UN Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict, then read the McGowan Davis report on how far Israel has (or more accurately, has not) gone in prosecuting said war crimes.
                  The colonel didn't ask you for literature to read.

He asked you to cite examples.

Comment

What I find weird is the thought process.We have mixed reports about Iranian intentions.We have however Qom,which was in violation of his beloved international law.Logically,that should tilt the balance wrt Iranian intention to build the bomb.

What we have instead is vitriol spewed toward the ''warmongers''.
                    Those who know don't speak
                    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      Even keeping the option open is illegal.
                      Based on...??

Aren't you ignoring the nuclear threshold states that have done precisely this within the NPT? Tell me about Japan. They are on the nuclear threshold, and are often considered a de facto nuclear state. They are much MUCH closer to having a nuclear weapon than Iran. Can you give me an example of you having advocated war against Japan?

It is Iran's responsibility, not the world to demonstrate that SHE WILL NEVER BUILD NUKES.
                      Never ever ever ever? Do you apply this to Japan also?

Then, why Qom?
                      But you know the answer, surely. At least you know the Iranian answer.

I WILL ANSWER YOU BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF! Qom is a nuclear weapons complex.
                      The IAEA seems to disagree with you. No change there then.

Iran HAS NOT DEMONSTRATED THAT SHE IS ADHERING TO THE NPT! SCREW OFF! YOU ARE WRONG. PERIOD!
                      I'm really beginning to find your style of debate baseless, immature and boorish. Take a leaf out of BigRoss's book. He disagrees with pretty much everything I write, but remains respectful and backs things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        The colonel didn't ask you for literature to read.

He asked you to cite examples.
                        If the Colonel is opposed to reading:

The killing of 29 members of the al-Simouni family was one of the serious incidents covered by the Fact Finding Mission. The evidence shows that the commander who ordered the attack was aware of the presence of civilians, but ordered the attack any way. He also gave the order to prevent ambulances from attending the wounded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                          We have mixed reports about Iranian intentions.We have however Qom,which was in violation of his beloved international law.Logically,that should tilt the balance wrt Iranian intention to build the bomb.
                          I do not have have sufficient ego to think that I am the arbiter of whether or not Iran has a nuclear weapons program. The IAEA has found no such evidence, nor have all 16 of the US intelligence agencies. You may feel you know better.

Personally, I marvel at the thought processes of people so desperate to believe something in the absence of any evidence. And I have to question why.

Japan is on the nuclear threshold, is much closer to a nuke, why aren't you worried about Japan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubitante View Post
                            The IAEA seems to disagree with you. No change there then.
                            Also from Section F from the IAEA report you linked;

"34. Iran has informed the Agency about the construction of a new pilot enrichment plant at Qom,
                            FFEP. Iran’s failure to inform the Agency, in accordance with the provisions of the revised Code 3.1,
                            of the decision to construct, or to authorize construction of, a new facility as soon as such a decision is
                            taken, and to submit information as the design is developed, is inconsistent with its obligations under
                            the Subsidiary Arrangements to its Safeguards Agreement. Moreover, Iran’s delay in submitting such
                            information to the Agency does not contribute to the building of confidence.
                            While the Agency has
                            confirmed that the plant corresponds to the design information provided by Iran, Iran’s explanation
                            about the purpose of the facility and the chronology of its design and construction requires further
                            clarification.

35. Iran has not suspended its enrichment related"

Try again...
                            Last edited by YellowFever; 23 Jul 11,, 09:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubitante View Post
                              If the Colonel is opposed to reading:

The killing of 29 members of the al-Simouni family was one of the serious incidents covered by the Fact Finding Mission. The evidence shows that the commander who ordered the attack was aware of the presence of civilians, but ordered the attack any way. He also gave the order to prevent ambulances from attending the wounded.
                              That's nice.

Were they using American weapons?

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post

Try again...
                                YELLOW, the revised Code 3.1 is not ratified by iranian parliament.
                                J'ai en marre.

Comment

Working...
                                X